Fixing Pop 3d

Moderator: English Moderator Team

Coco
Sheikh
Sheikh

Fixing Pop 3d

Postby Coco » August 27th, 2016, 3:46 am

A member of the forum asked me how to run this game (PoP 3d) on windows 7 64 bit, and to be honest, if you have "the library bug" the game cannot be passed with this configuration. Solutions that worked on 32 bit system doesn't work on 64 bit windows.

Several years ago I found a file called "PoP3dDutch" on the internet (I certainly haven't found it under my bed :mrgreen: ) that made the game playable with 32 bit system, but it had bad lag. However, game was finishable (is that a word???). Anyway, the pop3dDutch is .exe file that cannot run on 64 bit system. Is there anyone here who can edit the file and force it to start on 64 bit system, so we can at least be able to complete the game?

Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Fixing Pop 3d

Postby Andrew » October 9th, 2016, 1:50 am

Coco wrote:Anyway, the pop3dDutch is .exe file that cannot run on 64 bit system. Is there anyone here who can edit the file and force it to start on 64 bit system, so we can at least be able to complete the game?

32-bit EXEs can run on 64-bit Windows, but not vice versa. What happens exactly when you run the program?

David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Fixing Pop 3d

Postby David » October 9th, 2016, 9:57 am

I've heard about 32-bit programs that had 16-bit installers.
But I'm not sure if this is the case here.

Return to “Prince of Persia 3D”