Is there any way to further customize PoP2?

Second part of the best game ever made.
zethholyblade
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Is there any way to further customize PoP2?

Post by zethholyblade »

Hi all.

I read the PoP2 Bibble the other day and I found out that there were a few special things that never made it into the main game such as:

- The Caves Water Room: was meant to be a place where the prince has to swim / dive as the room floods. I mean that's an awesome idea! And the sprites for this were also meant to be adapted for the Temple levels as well.

- Floor cutters: Just like those traps you had to cross by crounching/dragging, there was a trap meant to be crossed by jumping.

- Lava tiles and Dart traps for the Temple: hell yeah, why not make it more like Indiana Jones?? :D

- Djinn/Efreet Boss Fight: the little genie inside the small green potion was originally meant to appear in the 4th temple level as a 2-floors sized boss to fight, but couldn't be done because it required too much programing or work to pull it off.

- Jaffar's Elite Guard: there was a special type of enemy to appear at the final level, some black robed guards who wielded dual daggers, and had the uncanny ability to do a front-flip to outflank you (and became specially challenging when fighting two of these).

- Jaffar Custom level: originally, the dream-world level where you confront Jaffar was meant to start in the dungeon level 12 from Prince of Persia 1, and the Chess area was meant to be actually special (like dodging chesspieces etc)... This one is particularly important imo, I mean think about it: do amazing level designs for all levels in PoP2, each one harder and more complex than the last, and end up in a somewhat anti-climatic level that can't be edited without risking a game crash.

Other things not mentioned there but that I'd love to see / work in are:

- Custom guard palletes: to add more detail and variaty.
There are bugs that happened to me when I made the Hardcore and Parkour mods, for example: Found a goblin head at Ruins 2 which had black hair with bloody stains at the end and spitted an amber type of blood. Found another goblin head at Ruins 4 which had gray hair and face and spitted white blood (there's a screenshot in the Hardcore mod). And also found black / cyan colored snakes :mrgreen:

- New guards: like guards that handle spears, halberds, maces (kind of what you saw in PoP3D and following games), and different monsters too.

- Custom / More dettailed sprites for each level. If I knew how to work on the sprites, I'd certainly work on that.
doppelganger
Vizier
Vizier

Re: Is there any way to further customize PoP2?

Post by doppelganger »

- Level 2: You were supposed to press a button present ON the cave, but...
- Prince vs Jaffar: According to the design bible, Your sword should be 'vapourised' only after fighting and weakening Jaffar.
Doppelgänger
Hmm.. These mortals know about me.. :evil:

Download 'Hell of A Palace' now from Popot!
zethholyblade
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Re: Is there any way to further customize PoP2?

Post by zethholyblade »

doppelganger wrote:- Level 2: You were supposed to press a button present ON the cave, but...
- Prince vs Jaffar: According to the design bible, Your sword should be 'vapourised' only after fighting and weakening Jaffar.
Ohh yeahh you're right :mrgreen: It'd been much more satisfying to fight Jaffar like the hardest and most skilled swordsman for a while before he took away your sword, but sadly....