Interest in ports comparison

Discuss other PoP1 related things here.
Agathite
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Interest in ports comparison

Post by Agathite »

Hello everyone!

I have a particular interest in the many ports of Prince of Persia. A good few years ago I managed to run a goood number of them on my system, and recently I've found myself not remembering most of them. Since I left no record of it other than running instructions, I'd very much like to experience it all again!

I can't wait to compare a speedrun-like run of the DOS version, to the fascination of what Mechner managed to run on the Apple II, to wanting to yeet my desktop out my window after a two hour attempt at finishing it in the Sam Coupe, and all in between.

I'd like to know if anyone has this particular interest as well, or if it is really, really niche, as it sounds to me if I'm honest.

I'd also really like some company this time, as the thought of spending hours and hours alone with those ports is not the most inviting thing, maybe also leave some kind of record, even though I have zero experience with video editing and I absolutely cannot log into Twitch from my GNU/Linux machine, and maybe pass along the how-to on running those things, because I remember some of them were a pretty big mess to run.

If anyone's also interested in that, in being a part of it or helping out one way or the other, please let me know!
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Interest in ports comparison

Post by David »

Agathite wrote: August 13th, 2023, 3:53 pm I have a particular interest in the many ports of Prince of Persia.
[...]
I'd like to know if anyone has this particular interest as well, or if it is really, really niche, as it sounds to me if I'm honest.
One of our members, Amethyst, may have such an interest.
They posted e.g. a list of versions in which you get no additional HP after merging with the shadow, and the amount of Jaffar's hitpoints in the various ports.

You can also look at who posted in the topic What is the best version? What are the diffrences?.