Japanese Computer Ports - Sharp X68000, NEC PC-9801, and FM Towns

Discuss other PoP1 related things here.
BlueBarracudas
Efendi
Efendi

Japanese Computer Ports - Sharp X68000, NEC PC-9801, and FM Towns

Post by BlueBarracudas »

Can anyone post the level codes for the Japanese computer versions of POP1 (e.g. the ports for the Sharp X68000, NEC PC-9801, and FM Towns)? I can't seem to find them anywhere online.

Additionally, is anyone familiar enough with them to compare them? I mean specifically with each other (and maybe the Turbografx-16 CD and Sega CD versions), not with the other versions that lack the speed options, final fight with Jaffar on the bridge, etc. They tend to get blurred together in more comprehensive comparisons. Which is the best version of this particular "family" of POP1 ports?
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Japanese Computer Ports - Sharp X68000, NEC PC-9801, and FM Towns

Post by David »

BlueBarracudas wrote: July 15th, 2018, 12:00 am Can anyone post the level codes for the Japanese computer versions of POP1 (e.g. the ports for the Sharp X68000, NEC PC-9801, and FM Towns)? I can't seem to find them anywhere online.
Do you mean passwords for levels? These versions don't have that, instead they have a save game feature.

EDIT: But maybe I know it wrong. Feel free to show me where I can enter such a code in the games. :)
BlueBarracudas
Efendi
Efendi

Post by BlueBarracudas »

David wrote: July 15th, 2018, 12:32 pmDo you mean passwords for levels? These versions don't have that, instead they have a save game feature.
I thought they had both, but I've never actually played them so I wouldn't know. Are there save games available to download somewhere? Or do any of these versions have a MEGAHIT-esque cheat mode?
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

BlueBarracudas wrote: July 15th, 2018, 10:13 pm Are there save games available to download somewhere? Or do any of these versions have a MEGAHIT-esque cheat mode?
I don't know about either.
I guess it's possible to figure out how to hex-edit the saved games within the floppy disk image.

But you wrote you want to compare the versions, and I guess the best way to do so is to play them from beginning to end, right? :)