Prince Of Persia 1: World Record Techniques [PC-DOS version]

Check here for questions about obtaining the fastest possible times.
CrazyDiamond
Vizier
Vizier

Post by CrazyDiamond »

prince1990 wrote:Another zone where the trick I mentioned above could be used is the start screen of level 7: bringing the guard on the right side screen to the left side screen and then make prince and the guard falling togheter. That will save many seconds.
maybe you didn't understand what I said:
CrazyDiamond wrote:you can use this trick only in one room, because when a guard falls in another room it disappears..
if in level 7 the guard falls you'll watch it falling in the start screen..but then in the exit screen IT WILL DISAPPEAR...you wont' be able to use it!!
remember when you were young / you shone like the sun / shine on you crazy diamond
prince1990
Efendi
Efendi

Post by prince1990 »

I would to take note on every level finished. File Prince.sav takes time on every level saved (total time from the previous level). May I know which program can open file prince.sav and how to take note of the exact time stored? Thanks.
prince1990
Efendi
Efendi

Post by prince1990 »

Nobody can answer to my question?
prince1990
Efendi
Efendi

Post by prince1990 »

I have recently finished the game with 43:57. Sadly, I've also made various mistakes. I'm trying to make improvements day after day in every level. However, a time near 46:00 now is possible without any error. There are for sure other tricks I don't know. Someone of you has recently discovered any strange things? We could discuss here about every single aspect of advanced new things discovered. I've also thought to contact people who realize times of +48:00 but I don't know if they have ever read this board.
CrazyDiamond
Vizier
Vizier

Post by CrazyDiamond »

can you pass through the doors by jumping also when they're closed? I think somehow it's possible: it happened to me casually a time I was playing shadow of castle (the end of level 2)...
remember when you were young / you shone like the sun / shine on you crazy diamond
prince1990
Efendi
Efendi

Post by prince1990 »

CrazyDiamond wrote:can you pass through the doors by jumping also when they're closed? I think somehow it's possible: it happened to me casually a time I was playing shadow of castle (the end of level 2)...
No, at the moment this kind of trick doesn't work. Maybe it's possible trying continously. Every person who find some strange new thing discovered please post here.
CrazyDiamond
Vizier
Vizier

Post by CrazyDiamond »

discovered something about level4: using a trick useful in "potion levels"!! watch pm for more details...
Morbid_Assasin
Efendi
Efendi

Re: Prince Of Persia 1: World Record Techniques [PC-DOS version]

Post by Morbid_Assasin »

These tricks weren't just discovered overnight.It took a while.In theory, without using them I guess it would be impossible to obtain a world-breaking record time.Anyway...I play without any tricks, just running and defeating enemies as fast as I can.Best time: 36 min left.Those who know me from popuw (as Morbid_Angel) know that I do better on the SNES version (55 minutes left).I could improve my time further but haven't got the mood nor the ambition. :D :roll:
"Repetitio est mater studiorum...perseverare diabolicum"(Lucian Gavrila,my genetics mentor)
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Prince Of Persia 1: World Record Techniques [PC-DOS version]

Post by mk1995 »

prince1990 wrote:But acquiring a time that is near 50:00 or + seems to be impossible. Seems that there are several in-game tricks.
Beating the game in less than 10 minutes on the PC version is impossible. These best times have been clearly acquired by cheating or the HoF entry screenshots have been faked. Sure, it's possible beating the game in less than 10 minutes on other ports, but the hi-score table is dedicated to the PC version. My record in beating the game is somewhere around 19 minutes. I think there's a speedrun on YouTube that beats the game in 2-3 minutes less than I did.
Morbid_Assasin wrote:Those who know me from popuw (as Morbid_Angel) know that I do better on the SNES version (55 minutes left)
Only 55 minutes? Okay, that's quite amazing, seeing that the average amateur record would lie in the 20-30s, but it is possible beating the game within an hour. I did it, and I never used running jumps to run faster, killed every guard I came across and drank every life extender until I had 15 lives. It's really easy if you know what to do. And you won't need to look for more life extenders after Level 12 if you found each before.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...