[SNES] - Your fastest times.

Check here for questions about obtaining the fastest possible times.
Iso
Sheikh
Sheikh

[SNES] - Your fastest times.

Post by Iso »

Wondering if anyone else here fancies speed-running this game, post some times if you do!
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: [SNES] - Your fastest times.

Post by mk1995 »

If maths doesn't fail me, you beat the game within 36:39.

Damn... and I thought I was good with being able to beat the game within an hour while maxing out my health. Okay, granted, you probably skipped all those life potions, but still... Gee...
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

mk1995 wrote:If maths doesn't fail me, you beat the game within 36:39.
It's 36:57. Close enough... ;)
mk1995 wrote:[...], but still... Gee...
Those are some very good times indeed.
However, level 20 in 00:05, that seems impossible to me.
Even running towards Jaffar takes more than 5 seconds...

'Tis Level 20. Fixed it for ya. -mk1995
Iso
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Iso »

Norbert wrote:Even running towards Jaffar takes more than 5 seconds...
If you instantly start running/jumping towards him its around 5 seconds, and the fight isn't included.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Iso wrote:[...], and the fight isn't included.
Ah, I didn't know that; interesting.
By the way, this forum has a Power Playing board.
One of the mods/admins will move this thread there after a couple of days.
A thread on that board (this one) contains links to a SNES walkthrough by UraniumAnchor.
Could be fun to check out these videos, to see if they contain any interesting tricks you do not yet know about.
Iso
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Iso »

Norbert wrote:Could be fun to check out these videos, to see if they contain any interesting tricks you do not yet know about.
Cool, thanks. I might look into doing a recorded run. If I sword skip in level 1 and boss skip in level 19 I think I have a chance at beating his run.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

I decided to play this one in full after a good number of years of not doing so.

I took most of the potions of the game (only until I maxed out), so I took a little longer in some levels.

I tried to do as many shortcuts as I could remember and could pull off, and at least doing one part of a single glitch (the level 19 one), as I only managed to kill the blue knight with that.

I also paused the game whenever the prince entered the exit door, as well as used the ''game end'' and ''continue'' options when I failed too many times or blew a shortcut, though if I was further into the level or my patience was low by then, I would keep moving.
Prince of Persia (Japan).png
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Someone recently (April) published a tool-assisted speedrun (info) of the training levels.

SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

Norbert wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 4:36 pm Someone recently (April) published a tool-assisted speedrun (info) of the training levels.
:evil: :twisted: nice....
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Not sure what exactly this is ("SHOW MORE" under the video has some info), but it's 'power playing' related.

Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Norbert wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 12:27 am Not sure what exactly this is ("SHOW MORE" under the video has some info), but it's 'power playing' related.
We discussed about this discovery of wrong warps on this forum, on the thread ''PoP videos / images''.
He did the glitch at the first room of Level 1 where he pauses the game to enter the pause menu when the Prince is about one frame before transitioning to the next screen. Then he selects the 'game end' option and the game wrong warps to Level 8 with glitched graphics. Various results have been discovered by the TAS community of what can happen; this depends of the position and the way the Prince is going to enter to the next screen. I've seen results like: the game freezing/crashing/resetting, wrong warping to either Level 6, 7, 8, 11 and even a corrupted level called Level 0, messed up graphics, sound/music and vertically flipped screen (like when taking the potion that flips gravity but it can even happen when returning to the menu screen).
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 12:27 amNot sure what exactly this is ("SHOW MORE" under the video has some info), but it's 'power playing' related.
He recently added a commentated run.

Must be so annoying to play like that.

Another recent one, by someone else below.
(Merely using a spoiler tag so it takes up less space.)
Spoiler: show
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Norbert wrote: March 6th, 2019, 10:37 pm He recently added a commentated run.
At 3:02 he says "a YouTuber by the name of ????" but I don't understand the name. What is it?
[EDIT: I turned on YouTube's automatic captioning, and it shows "Juan Perez".
This also helped me understand the last word of "Everything is totally aboveboard." (2:28).
I guess I should listen to English speech more often... Although the name is not English but Spanish.]

Shauing wrote: March 3rd, 2019, 10:28 am We discussed about this discovery of wrong warps on this forum, on the thread ''PoP videos / images''.
He did the glitch at the first room of Level 1 where he pauses the game to enter the pause menu when the Prince is about one frame before transitioning to the next screen. Then he selects the 'game end' option and the game wrong warps to Level 8 with glitched graphics.
This is where a video using the glitch was posted: viewtopic.php?p=24340#p24340
(That video was posted by "kiouji", but the name that I didn't understand above is something else.)
However, here it's used only to enable cheats.
Here is where I mentioned that it can skip levels: viewtopic.php?p=24350#p24350