oitofelix wrote:In the unfortunate case you already use Windows , I'd ask you to try it there, because that port needs testing, specially regarding performance.
I'm testing this version: https://github.com/oitofelix/mininim/releases/download/v201612281424/mininim-201612281424-win32.zip
I'm playing the original levels, without any command line options.
MININIM works well for me under Windows.
As for performance, it eats 11-15% of CPU in windowed mode, and 25-30% in fullscreen mode.
But otherwise there is no noticeable slowness.
Some things I noticed:
* I can't avoid harm from a landing loose floor by crouching. I suppose this is intended.
* The prince can climb up much faster after grabbing.
* It can be a bit surprising when the view changes to scroll a guard into view.
* When a guard has only 1 HP, that HP should blink. Like it already does for the prince.
* When the skeleton falls, it screams like the prince!
* I see (hear) that multiple sound effects can play at the same time. For example, gate closing + exit opening. Or slow-fall music + other sounds.
* Guards will follow the prince if they can reach him by falling later. For example, the orange guard on level 4, if the prince goes to the nearby potion. Or the yellow guard on level 10. That one was quite annoying, as the gate (where he came from) closed while I was fighting him.
* It's not so easy to defeat a cornered guard.
* This no-auto-sword-drawing is good when I have to sneak behind a guard who's not looking.
* I get to see the mirror appearing immediately (with music) when the exit fully opens.
* I tried to stab the shadow on level 5, but I can't...
* It was interesting to fight against two guards at the same time on level 5...
* I see you put spikes behind the un-openable gate on level 5.
* Guards seem to be tougher...
* And they stab me when I'm trying to run away!
* The fat guard can scream, too!
* At the end of level 6, it's a bit scary/confusing to see all those spikes in the pit...
* The Manual seems somewhat outdated. It does not mention multi-room modes, for example.
* Ctrl+G pops up a save file dialog. This was a bit unexpected. But then we can save multiple games, as in the MacOS version.
* Sometimes the display does not follow the prince after I used Shift+H/J/U/N.
* Okay, it seems that regular guards scream, too. (Level 7 purple guard)
* The first guard of level 8 seems to be quite easy. I just pressed left and shift and I defeated him... He's too inactive, perhaps?
* Hey, this works for all guards?! (Except Jaffar, because he immediately strikes back.)
* Chomper timings seem to be different. For example, the twin chompers after the rightmost guard chomped together.
* When I climb up from a guard's view, he stays active until I do something else. Example: The orange guard on level 8.
* It was funny to see the mouse appear in the other room, out of nowhere...
* The flip potion has yellow bubbles.
* At the flip potion, I could break the two loose floors at the same time, the prince fell down, and it seems he didn't lose any HP?
* I think the prince fell into the wall near the second flip potion. After you climb down where the loose floor was, crouch twice, and do a standing jump.
* Shift does not work with numpad 4/6 if Num Lock is on!
* What!? A guard can survive a two-row drop!? He loses only 1 HP. Example: Last guard on level 9. Or the purple guard on level 10.
* But loose floors hurt them too!
* Ctrl+G shows only *.sav files, but Ctrl+L shows all files. Also, Ctrl+G does not automatically add the .sav extension.
* On level 13, the exit opens immediately when Jaffar dies. No need to change rooms.
* Level 14 is oddly blue...
* And it's odd to see the empty room before meeting the princess...
* Is there no Hall of Fame? Or it just didn't appear because I interrupted the ending music?