Pause menu

Open-source port of PoP that runs natively on Windows, Linux, etc.
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Pause menu

Post by YURA »

Replaced the file, now everything works.
What keys to cause level cartography to see properties of tiles and gate?\
The key "m" does not work?
Or it is possible to learn about all functions (keys) of the program SDLPoP - 1.18 ?
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Post by Falcury »

Falcury wrote: February 10th, 2018, 1:40 am Right now, if you load a mod that has custom options in a mod.ini file, I think the menu system would (blindly) follow whatever was configured in mod.ini. Then, if you change any setting and close the menu again, SDLPoP.cfg would get saved with those modified settings applied. Then, if you switch to another mod that doesn't override any settings using mod.ini, those settings from the other mod will still linger.
Fixing this by letting certain options be 'mod-managed'. These settings are basically everything that mod.ini can change: whether the copy protection level is enabled, whether quicksave is allowed and whether the quickload time penalty is enabled, and everything in the "Enhancements" and "CustomGameplay" ini sections. To prevent the situation described in the quote above, these options will be reset when you switch between mods (using the "mod" command-line parameter, or maybe in the future by selecting the mod from a list), and the other options won't.

Full notes from the commit / pull request:
Pause menu:
* Fixed settings from custom levelsets potentially carrying over when switching levelsets. (Split settings into 'user-managed' and 'mod-managed'. When switching to a different mod, all 'mod-managed' settings get reset. The levelset name is now also stored in SDLPoP.cfg, so that we can check whether we switched to a different mod.)
* Fixed a few minor drawing bugs in the pause menu.
* In fullscreen mode, only show the mouse cursor when necessary (when the menu is shown, and when not using keyboard or controller instead).
* Can now use right mouse button (or the 'back'/'X1' mouse button) to close menus.
* Fixed a controller hold-down delay bug, which caused the A and B buttons to be ignored if they are pressed immediately after letting go of the held-down button.
* General code cleanup for the pause menu.
* Renamed NAME_LIST() macro to NAMES_LIST() for consistency with the struct names_list_type.

build.bat:
* Link the CRT statically instead of dynamically (compiler option "/MT" instead of "/MD").
* Fixed build type defaulting to debug, not release, if no parameter is passed to build.bat.
* Fixed debugging using the MSVC debugger (added /Z7 flag, fixed files needed for debugging being deleted at cleanup).
YURA wrote: February 15th, 2018, 7:12 am What keys to cause level cartography to see properties of tiles and gate?\
The mapmaking feature of SDLPoP has its own thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=126&t=4048
Pressing the "m" key to get a map is a feature of apoplexy, not SDLPoP.
Norbert wrote: February 10th, 2018, 2:43 am I'm not sure whether the quicksave time penalty should be on by default...
Should that be changed?
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

YURA wrote: February 15th, 2018, 7:12 am What keys to cause level cartography to see properties of tiles and gate?\
Or it is possible to learn about all functions (keys) of the program SDLPoP - 1.18 ?
The functions of keys are listed in the Readme.txt that comes with SDLPoP.
https://github.com/NagyD/SDLPoP/blob/ma ... e.txt#L174
Specifically, press Ctrl+Shift+F12 (in cheat mode) to save a level map with properties (annotations) to screenshot.png.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

David wrote: February 17th, 2018, 1:35 pmCtrl+Shift+F12 (in cheat mode)
And, to enable cheat mode, use: prince.exe MEGAHIT
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Thanks, everything understood.

YURA wrote: ↑February 14th, 2018, 8:41 pm
Writes that on the computer there is no file:
VCRUNTIME140D.dll
What is it?

Thank you for reporting the problem.
Try replacing prince.exe with the (hopefully fixed) executable in the attachment. Let me know if it works.

I guess the problem was that the build script passed the "/MD" option (or "/MDd"), telling the MSVC compiler to dynamically link that DLL file which contains parts of the C runtime library. See:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/abx4dbyh.aspx

However, that DLL is clearly not present on everyone's system. Maybe the build.bat script should be changed to statically link the CRT, using the "/MT" option. (And fix "release" and "debug" modes being messed up, which I guess is the reason why the missing DLL was VCRUNTIME140D.dll and not VCRUNTIME140.dll)
ATTACHMENTS
prince.exe_fixed_CRT_dependency.zip
(186.66 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

But then the menu bar is not visible?
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Post by Falcury »

YURA wrote: February 18th, 2018, 6:40 am But then the menu bar is not visible?
Start a new game, then press Escape to bring up the menu.
(There is no menubar though. That idea for SDLPoP was dropped some time ago.)

NB. If you want to quote another post, you can use this button:
phpBB_quote_button.png
phpBB_quote_button.png (606 Bytes) Viewed 4353 times
Or, manually enclose the quoted text in quote tags, like so:

Code: Select all

[quote]...[/quote]
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

It is impossible? The ready file - is?
prince.exe - the worker with the menu?
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Post by Falcury »

Minor issue:
During a cutscene, you can open the menu by clicking the window, which I guess should not be possible.

Another thought:
Should the position of ON and OFF for toggles maybe be swapped?
Textually, "on off" reads fine, but for some reason my brain keeps expecting the "on" position on the right side.
Maybe some weird psychological thing. Or maybe I'm used to smartphones and other interfaces doing it that way.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote: February 10th, 2018, 2:43 amIn the future, the menu might get scrollable HELP and/or KEYS and/or CREDITS and/or CHANGELOG and/or CHEATS and/or who-knows-what-else entries. ;)
I know I'm replying to myself, but... I think several of these would be useful for users. The screenshotting functionalities (F12, Shift+F12, Ctrl+Shift+F12) and other things that have their own key combos could also get their own entries somewhere in the menu. I hope it's okay that I keep writing down suggestions here and there, while not doing much else for the program (in terms of, for example, coding things).
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Version 1.18.1 was released by David on 24 March 2018
Please! Lay out the file of the menu in text form that it was possible to translate into other language normally.
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

YURA wrote: March 25th, 2018, 8:16 am Version 1.18.1 was released by David on 24 March 2018
Please! Lay out the file of the menu in text form that it was possible to translate into other language normally.
Is there a text option?

Suggestion or question for Falcury: you Can add the function to save the game at any point level, not just the beginning of the level?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

YURA wrote: November 10th, 2018, 7:34 pmCan add the function to save the game at any point level, not just the beginning of the level?
There already is: F6 (quick) save, F9 (quick) load.
Or do you mean something else?
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Norbert wrote: November 11th, 2018, 3:18 am
YURA wrote: November 10th, 2018, 7:34 pmCan add the function to save the game at any point level, not just the beginning of the level?
There already is: F6 (quick) save, F9 (quick) load.
Or do you mean something else?
Apologize. It's okay, it's working.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

YURA wrote: November 10th, 2018, 7:34 pm
YURA wrote: March 25th, 2018, 8:16 am Version 1.18.1 was released by David on 24 March 2018
Is there a text option?
Do you need the translated texts to appear in the menu, or would it be enough to have the texts of the menu in a text file?
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

David wrote: November 16th, 2018, 8:11 pm
YURA wrote: November 10th, 2018, 7:34 pm
Is there a text option?
Do you need the translated texts to appear in the menu, or would it be enough to have the texts of the menu in a text file?
the texts of the menu in a text file?