An odd sound in the demo level

Discuss PoP1 for SNES here.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

An odd sound in the demo level

Post by David »

In the demo level of PoP1 SNES, I can hear an odd sound effect before the prince jumps over to the potion.
demo_level_sound_here.png
demo_level_sound_here.png (9.78 KiB) Viewed 6732 times
So what can it be?
If I remove the first gate of the level, then I don't hear this sound.
So I think it's the sound made by that gate when it fully closes.
I can't hear the sounds of the gate during it's closing, since the gate is not visible. So I think this sound shouldn't be played either.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: An odd sound in the demo level

Post by Norbert »

David wrote: January 20th, 2018, 7:53 pmSo what can it be?
It always plays the gate fully closed sound effect, even if you're not in the room; in all levels.
It's just that the demo level has no music, so it's easier to hear. :)
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Which demo version is this, because i cant hear anything.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

salvadorc17 wrote: January 25th, 2018, 10:38 pm Which demo version is this, because i cant hear anything.
Regular PoP1 for SNES.
Listen carefully here or here.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

That door's sound is very clear in all levels when you play The Quiet Levels. First time I played, I thought the same, an odd sound.

There is something that I did long time ago, but I don't remember how because I tried again and nothing happens. I was playing on SNES9X, but I wanted to hear music, so I turn off the emulator's sound for that before load the game. Emulators has more that one option for this, but one or more silence the game completely and like this, a few glitches were possible like that trick with Select that we can skip required stop like when we see the Mirror or to do the Girl go out through walls or floors to kill her without a single touch on her. These things are possible with the emulator sound off without the Select Trick (don't know the real name).

On my PS 2 with that SNES Station emulator, I just turn the sound off before load a game and it works.
Also, you do not need to wait the song to fight Fat, Red and Blue Knights, just run and jump and they'll start fight you.
Sometimes, when we die, that message took a good time to show up. I mean there're 2 songs for death, I'm talking about the first one. But if press Select, you can skip it. And somtimes, the 2nd song, somehow, happens and the message show up quickly, even when we die by fall from a high place or any obstacle.
When we get the Sword, the animation is more faster, the same when we clear a level. The time and password show up quickly.
The game stucks when we meet Jaffar at level 15 and level 20. It seems those parts really need the sound. If you try to play Super Metroid like that, you'll only see NINTENDO, then, the game stucks, too. That intro from Top Gear, we need to wait a bit to press a button after the game's name show up. Without the sound, it's no necessary.

For those I've played, PoP is the one that have funny glitches, it's pretty cool ^_^! And I don't if this is possible to make on Consoles.
May the Moon light your path.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

NITM-T wrote: February 25th, 2018, 2:47 am There is something that I did long time ago, but I don't remember how because I tried again and nothing happens. I was playing on SNES9X, but I wanted to hear music, so I turn off the emulator's sound for that before load the game. Emulators has more that one option for this, but one or more silence the game completely
In Snes9x: Sound -> Settings -> turn off "Enable sound CPU emulation".
You can also choose from five CPU skip styles.
The game will behave somewhat differently with each.
NITM-T wrote: February 25th, 2018, 2:47 am and like this, a few glitches were possible like that trick with Select that we can skip required stop like when we see the Mirror or to do the Girl go out through walls or floors to kill her without a single touch on her. These things are possible with the emulator sound off without the Select Trick (don't know the real name).
Those are some interesting glitches that I have never heard of!

For the glitch with the Girl (Amazon), I need to set skip style #2, and run to the middle of the room, but even then it does not always happen.
It works the best if I make some moves while the girl is falling. She stops falling while the prince moves. :)

Also, if the girl falls into the floor then you can't kill her and the gate in the next room won't open, and you can't complete the level.
And the prince can't even die to restart the level.
So this glitch is amusing but not really useful. :)

As you write, it's also possible to do this glitch (even if the sound emulation is on) by pressing select while the girl is falling.
This also works in the ZSNES emulator. So it seems that this is a bug in the game itself, not in either emulator.
If indeed this is the case, then that's quite a big glitch that the developers of PoP overlooked!
NITM-T wrote: February 25th, 2018, 2:47 am If you try to play Super Metroid like that, you'll only see NINTENDO, then, the game stucks, too.
PoP also gets stuck at the Konami logo if I choose CPU skip style #2.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

I made some videos about the amazon glitch using the Select Trick.

The first video shows the original glitch.
amazon_select_1.zip
(193.4 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
The second video shows how to put the amazon behind the closed gate on the right.
amazon_select_2.zip
(167.75 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Note: I played the game with sound enabled. I just removed the sound from the videos to make them smaller.
Another note: I edited the game to start on level 6, and to start in the room before the amazon. But otherwise this is the original level 6.

Again, thank you for mentioning this glitch!
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am In Snes9x: Sound -> Settings -> turn off "Enable sound CPU emulation".
Thank you! But, my SNES9x settings option is grey. The version is 1.51 v7. As I did not remember, I think that was the reason. The old version that I had, maybe was possible go to there. Anyway, now I know how to do it ^_^.
David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am Those are some interesting glitches that I have never heard of!
For the glitch with the Girl (Amazon), I need to set skip style #2, and run to the middle of the room, but even then it does not always happen.
It works the best if I make some moves while the girl is falling. She stops falling while the prince moves. :)

Also, if the girl falls into the floor then you can't kill her and the gate in the next room won't open, and you can't complete the level.
And the prince can't even die to restart the level.
So this glitch is amusing but not really useful. :)
Yeah, those are pretty cool glitches! About her, her song is also part of the trick. As we know, Prince enters in her room running, even if we jump before, won't work like we can do with Fat and Knights, but her song and the Shadow are the same and both come from the air, but since her arrival is different, I think that's why Prince cannot move until she falls.
So, as soon you enter her room, press Select and wait her song over, then press Select and walk. She won't move. Change rooms to make her arrival start more to left and more and more till you kill her or do this:

For this, you need to go to the right doing the trick. Like this, she locks you for good. We cannot die too hahaha.

The fact the door don't open is a very interesting thing because the game knows that she died like a alt way, y'know? That door will ONLY open if she dies by the sword and same for Fat and Knights. So, on our mods, we can use this as a trap like, If I want she to close a door, the player must to know that she cannot be killed by the sword or any guard you change him HEXs. If such guard must be killed to open a door by falling over a button, you need to do this before him/her HP ends.

In my Time Only Knows, we can do what I called: Funny Deaths. I believe myself that everyone here already did once, even for the original one.
On it, first time you meet Amazon, you also are in the same line, them with the trick, we can do this:

:lol: :lol:

I don't understand much about this, but it seems like, she has the same Prince's sprites. I don't remeber if we can do something alike with other guards.
David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am As you write, it's also possible to do this glitch (even if the sound emulation is on) by pressing select while the girl is falling.
This also works in the ZSNES emulator. So it seems that this is a bug in the game itself, not in either emulator.
If indeed this is the case, then that's quite a big glitch that the developers of PoP overlooked!
Yeah, that is a glitch from game, but I wanted to say was, that isn't necessary to use the trick without the sound, got it? And this isn't the only one:
- We can Refight Golden Skeleton infinite times. Just go back to left, go right again and get close to it. it won't stand up, but the boss song will start and Prince can fight it again. Just one hit to kill it. Also, everytime you kill it, you'll hear that song that happens when a door opens permanently.
- That song for Fat and Knights intro. There is a way to kill them with a single hit, but I thing that we can't do it on original game. I tried, but I was not able to do it. This one I don't wanna to talk right now because is necessary on my mods :mrgreen: Unless if you guys already know about this glitch. One more thing, each Prince's hit is equivalent to 85. So, even if a guard have 255 HP and him open/close a door, one hit is enough. He'll fall, but the HP remains (15), then if you change rooms, he'll have 255 again, but the door will be opened or closed.
To kill him for sure, attack him 3 times: 85 x 3 = 255.
- If you knock Shadow down and before it dies you start run, Prince'll run till he fall, too. It's more easy to this if you do not step on the loose, so put Prince to go left and he'll run to Jaffar's room and die there :lol: Pretty funny, too!
David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am PoP also gets stuck at the Konami logo if I choose CPU skip style #2.
Oh, it seems I did'nt remeber that. So, I did a save state on game's menu. Was the same for Super Metoid, I mean, we can save in the game, so I save in Zebes before turn sound off. I do that because that SNES Station has too much lags and without the sound, I can play better ;)

SNES PoP has good glitches and I think there're more hahaha.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 4:47 pm I made some videos about the amazon glitch using the Select Trick.

The first video shows the original glitch.
amazon_select_1.zip

The second video shows how to put the amazon behind the closed gate on the right.
amazon_select_2.zip

Note: I played the game with sound enabled. I just removed the sound from the videos to make them smaller.
Another note: I edited the game to start on level 6, and to start in the room before the amazon. But otherwise this is the original level 6.

Again, thank you for mentioning this glitch!
Oh man, I took some much time to post. Everytime I do this because I check the words 1.000 times before post more mistakes that I do hahaha. Sorry for that.
Yeah, me too. I always use the editor to make videos more faster or take prints.
So, you do know these too, huh? Cool! But, how about those I posted? They're funny, too ^_^.
You're welcome! I love to find glitches. They give more lifespan for the games when I beat them, heh.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

NITM-T wrote: February 26th, 2018, 2:11 am
David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am In Snes9x: Sound -> Settings -> turn off "Enable sound CPU emulation".
Thank you! But, my SNES9x settings option is grey. The version is 1.51 v7. As I did not remember, I think that was the reason. The old version that I had, maybe was possible go to there. Anyway, now I know how to do it ^_^.
My Snes9x is also v1.51, but the sound settings work fine for me.
NITM-T wrote: February 26th, 2018, 2:11 am The fact the door don't open is a very interesting thing because the game knows that she died like a alt way, y'know? That door will ONLY open if she dies by the sword and same for Fat and Knights.
Yes, it seems that the game does not open boss gates if the boss dies from anything other than the sword. (For example, falling out of the room or traps.)
Probably because it can't happen on the original levels. Well, at least without using glitches. :)
NITM-T wrote: February 26th, 2018, 2:11 am So, on our mods, we can use this as a trap like, If I want she to close a door, the player must to know that she cannot be killed by the sword or any guard you change him HEXs.
So, if I understand that correctly, you want to change a guard's special event so when he/she dies, it *closes* a gate that leads to the next part of the level.
And because of this, the player must kill that guard with something other than the sword.
Smart. :)
NITM-T wrote: February 26th, 2018, 2:11 am In my Time Only Knows, we can do what I called: Funny Deaths. I believe myself that everyone here already did once, even for the original one.
On it, first time you meet Amazon, you also are in the same line, them with the trick, we can do this:

I don't understand much about this, but it seems like, she has the same Prince's sprites. I don't remeber if we can do something alike with other guards.
I found this room in your mod (on level 6), but I don't know how to turn the amazon into the prince. :?:
Help please?

Anyway, I found something else instead, using the Select Trick:
Time Only Knows level 6.png
Time Only Knows level 6.png (10.71 KiB) Viewed 6596 times
As you can see, the amazon got stuck at the bottom, but the prince drew his sword in the top row.

1. If I attack now, the amazon gets hurt, and she loses all HPs!

2. If I put the sword away, then the amazon disappears. Huh?

3. If I go right (still holding the sword), into to the other room, then the prince starts to run left, back into the amazon's room.
The amazon is now somehow in the top row.
The prince falls off the ledge and lands in the bottom row. And when he stands up, the amazon disappears!
NITM-T wrote: February 26th, 2018, 2:11 am Yeah, that is a glitch from game, but I wanted to say was, that isn't necessary to use the trick without the sound, got it?
Yes, I understood that part.
What I wanted to point out is that the select trick is probably possible on an actual SNES, but the developers didn't fix it.
NITM-T wrote: February 26th, 2018, 2:11 am - We can Refight Golden Skeleton infinite times. Just go back to left, go right again and get close to it. it won't stand up, but the boss song will start and Prince can fight it again. Just one hit to kill it.
This was mentioned here: viewtopic.php?p=14777#p14777
NITM-T wrote: February 26th, 2018, 2:11 am Also, everytime you kill it, you'll hear that song that happens when a door opens permanently.
Isn't that the same as the regular guard death song?
NITM-T wrote: February 26th, 2018, 2:11 am - That song for Fat and Knights intro. There is a way to kill them with a single hit, but I thing that we can't do it on original game. I tried, but I was not able to do it. This one I don't wanna to talk right now because is necessary on my mods :mrgreen: Unless if you guys already know about this glitch.
I can do something similar in the DOS version: viewtopic.php?p=15742#p15742
When you enter Jaffar's room, he will wait for some time before entering his fighting stance.
During that time, he is vulnerable and a single hit kills him.
This is easier to do if you move Jaffar to the left in a level editor.
NITM-T wrote: February 26th, 2018, 2:11 am One more thing, each Prince's hit is equivalent to 85. So, even if a guard have 255 HP and him open/close a door, one hit is enough. He'll fall, but the HP remains (15), then if you change rooms, he'll have 255 again, but the door will be opened or closed.
To kill him for sure, attack him 3 times: 85 x 3 = 255.
I think I know what happens here.
PoP, at least the DOS version, implements instant death by taking 100 HPs.
And then it assumes that the guard lost all HPs and thus plays the guard's death animation.
You can see it in the SDLPoP source: https://github.com/NagyD/SDLPoP/blob/ma ... 002.c#L882
Or in the Apple II source: https://github.com/jmechner/Prince-of-P ... ISC.S#L439
So I think what actually happens is that the guard's 255 HPs are decreased to 155, 55, and finally 0.
(Maybe you could try with guards that have 201, 200, 101, 100 HPs?)
This is, again, something that the game was not prepared for. The original guards don't have that many HPs. :)

Here is of a video (DOS version) about Jaffar with 255 HPs.
I stab him 3 times while he's vulnerable and he "dies" every time. But only the last death is "real".
Jaffar_dies_3_times.zip
(33.73 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
NITM-T wrote: February 26th, 2018, 2:11 am - If you knock Shadow down and before it dies you start run, Prince'll run till he fall, too. It's more easy to this if you do not step on the loose, so put Prince to go left and he'll run to Jaffar's room and die there :lol: Pretty funny, too!
It's possible to do something in the DOS version in cheat mode: Kill the shadow, then press R and immediately start to run.
The prince will keep running and you can't control him. But then he will die if he falls, even if he fell only one row. :)
(I think this was already mentioned, but I can't find it...)
NITM-T wrote: February 26th, 2018, 2:11 am So, you do know these too, huh? Cool!
If you're talking about my videos: I know that glitch from your post, I didn't know it before you wrote about it. :)
NITM-T wrote: February 26th, 2018, 2:11 am Oh man, I took some much time to post. Everytime I do this because I check the words 1.000 times before post more mistakes that I do hahaha. Sorry for that.
You're not alone, I frequently dwell too much on my posts as well. :)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

David wrote: March 4th, 2018, 12:04 pmIt's possible to do something in the DOS version in cheat mode: Kill the shadow, then press R and immediately start to run.
The prince will keep running and you can't control him. But then he will die if he falls, even if he fell only one row. :)
Maybe the 4th link here.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am My Snes9x is also v1.51, but the sound settings work fine for me.
I see. But, I don't know what is it. Check it out:

Anyway, I only play with ZSNES, but when someone asks for a video, I use the SNES9x because they say that it works almost like the Console and ZSNES don't has lags or something...
David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am Yes, it seems that the game does not open boss gates if the boss dies from anything other than the sword. (For example, falling out of the room or traps.)
Probably because it can't happen on the original levels. Well, at least without using glitches. :)
Sure thing. I mean, I never tested before using the bosses for others levels, only guards and the same thing happens, y'know? But the glitches are from the original game and I think they knew about them (I mean, this one heh) because we cannot do this like you said: "For example, falling out of the room or traps." The bosses' rooms have only tiles where they're. Or, they just proggramed like that, I mean, kill them only with the sword.
The cool thing is to find glitches on original games and try to understand how or why they happens and with our mods, we can create new ones (with me, they showed up by coincidence while I was testing hahaha).
David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am So, if I understand that correctly, you want to change a guard's special event so when he/she dies, it *closes* a gate that leads to the next part of the level.
And because of this, the player must kill that guard with something other than the sword.
Smart. :)
Yeah, that's right and thanks!. This is a trap for the player and this is simple. We just need to change [Permanent open] to [Close] on level editor and leave such door opened, of course. But the way I said is more like this:
You're in row 1 fighting a guard and there're 2 doors far, one opened and another closed. They're together. One will close when you kill the guard and the other, will only opens with button that is in the row 3, but it is impossible to you to go there because there is only a hole and no looses. It is must knock down the guard before his HP ends. If he die after fall, the opened door won't close and the closed one, will open because the guard is over it.
This is another kind of trap. And we can do more variations like that.
David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am I found this room in your mod (on level 6), but I don't know how to turn the amazon into the prince. :?:
Help please?
Yep! Make her get close to you and she'll stop in the air without use the Select Trick 3 times, then kill her. But know this:
1 - Use the trick with 2 different forms to make her get close in the right side (but this is bit random. The video shows a good way to do it).
2 - This is my Alt Version that I just made, but doesn't matter. Will work for both.
3 - You'll see Amazon as Prince just for a moment.

David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am Anyway, I found something else instead, using the Select Trick:
Time Only Knows level 6.png
As you can see, the amazon got stuck at the bottom, but the prince drew his sword in the top row.

1. If I attack now, the amazon gets hurt, and she loses all HPs!

2. If I put the sword away, then the amazon disappears. Huh?

3. If I go right (still holding the sword), into to the other room, then the prince starts to run left, back into the amazon's room.
The amazon is now somehow in the top row.
The prince falls off the ledge and lands in the bottom row. And when he stands up, the amazon disappears!
That's right. There're a lot of funny deaths in that place :D Depending on how the person edits the mod, we can do those things and more.
David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am Yes, I understood that part.
What I wanted to point out is that the select trick is probably possible on an actual SNES, but the developers didn't fix it.
You're right, before and now. That was I wanted to say, Sorry. Those glitches are pretty old. I stated play that game when was kid and sometime back then, I saw people that kwen about them already. But since we started talk about them here, I wanted to share and I learn what you guys had to said ;)
David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am This was mentioned here: viewtopic.php?p=14777#p14777
Cool! And like I said: "I saw people that kwen about them." So, I never found nothing is this game and I forgot to said that. But playing those mods like Sunshine Remix:
Spoiler: show
I put this with spoiler, but know that is no that simple. It's a funny death, doesn't reveal anything in the game.

I mean, I'm sorry because I said that I love to find glitches, but I also should have said that I'm not the one who found them.
The only glitch about SNES PoP on my channel is that "Death Trick". See? I don't even know the real name :( And I just uploaded it to share with my friends.
This one is pretty cool, too! We can go to the last level with a secret password that show up when we die and only after that message show up, as well.
This one I think was a "bonus" for the developers like that SPECIAL and SPCCMD! passwords, but we need a few commands while in the game and more 2 after these. I mean, the password it's just the first part, after all hahaha. And this one, I learnt here in some thread when I started play The Quiet Levels :cool: But, of course that was useless for that mod :lol: :lol:

Also, there're 2 more that I forgot to say: That one which we can kill the bosses while the victory song is playing in level 19 where we refight them and we can walk on lava if a loose fall in a such tile. But, we cannot do this on original one because there are no looses in level 10 and even so, it's too high to fall there. So, I think they noticed this one and made that level higher, just in case:

I put Prince in row 1 to you guys too see that he takes damage, but still can walk there. I think this one is very commom among you all.

In the same post, GabrielJohn said that he tested on level 1 and couldn't fix it. It seems he wanted that the Golden Skeleton opens a door after it dies. I read a bit more and I think was a problem with tile and room where the door is that Golden Skeleton should open.
That's is glitch from the game and wherever the bosses are, those glitches will happen, I guess. For those who know about advance hack stuff might can remove/fix them or something...
Ah, I still didn't read all threads and that's no good. I'm posting things that people already did. Sorry again. I'll pay more attention.
David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am Isn't that the same as the regular guard death song?
Yes, but I'm talking about the another sound (another thing that I don't explained correctly). The Leveldoor end has its own song when is opened, but not that sound from normal doors when they're opened permanetly. So, when you kill Golden Skeleton more than once, you'll start hear that sound from normal doors at same time with leveldoor end. check this video:

This video shows both original game and my The Two Princesses (Alt Version, but doesn't matter which is). About my mod, I want you to see what happens there when I go up (don't care about Shadow, will work without him, too). I tried go down on original, but nothing happened...
David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am I can do something similar in the DOS version: viewtopic.php?p=15742#p15742
When you enter Jaffar's room, he will wait for some time before entering his fighting stance.
During that time, he is vulnerable and a single hit kills him.
This is easier to do if you move Jaffar to the left in a level editor.
Indeed. Because his song that was possible. But they noticed that too, right? I mean, on SNES version, the male bosses' song only play once, but they do not noticed this for Amazon's song. I mean, like I said, Prince enters in her room running (this was noticed, so we cannot go back), but we can stop her with Select Trick hahaha. But doesn't work for Shadow.
But for SNES version is not that simple. First, I don't know if is possible (just my theory). And even so, we need to do 2 things: You just said one: "This is easier to do if you move Jaffar to the left in a level editor." and we need to do a command. I "found" this trick playing The Persian Secret Passage.
If you jump while is ruuning in a right spot before meet Jaffar at level 15 (this is random too), you'll step on a loose, but this means nothing. The game will roll at same way, yet:

Also, it is dangerous to make a level where, in a row, you can jump to go to the Amazon's room because Prince must start running there. Unless you can cancel that. This video is from The Lost Bottle:
Note: I put this on spoiler too because I really don't know if spartacus735 made this as a trap. And I think there is another level which the same happens, too. But for this one, my guess is about a trick from DOS version that works on SNES version.
David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am I think I know what happens here.
PoP, at least the DOS version, implements instant death by taking 100 HPs.
And then it assumes that the guard lost all HPs and thus plays the guard's death animation.
You can see it in the SDLPoP source: https://github.com/NagyD/SDLPoP/blob/ma ... 002.c#L882
Or in the Apple II source: https://github.com/jmechner/Prince-of-P ... ISC.S#L439
So I think what actually happens is that the guard's 255 HPs are decreased to 155, 55, and finally 0.
(Maybe you could try with guards that have 201, 200, 101, 100 HPs?)
This is, again, something that the game was not prepared for. The original guards don't have that many HPs. :)
Ah, I really don't undestand those things, neither HEX :P I just copy and paste what you guys teach me. What a fool :lol:
But yeah, none enemy has that many HP points and yes, I only tested with 255 because if worked with this many, maybe was possible with another value and yep, I tried with 201 and 100. 201 was decreased by 3 (67 x 3) and 100, was just a hit like you said.
Pretty cool this theory! Depending on the amount of HP above 100, each hit will be divided.
On DOS,the Jaffar's HP is like GameShark codes hahaha. His death on SNES it's just like that, but the HP are always 15, there.
David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am It's possible to do something in the DOS version in cheat mode: Kill the shadow, then press R and immediately start to run.
Norbert wrote: March 4th, 2018, 6:03 pm Maybe the 4th link here.
Well, if is this that Nobert posted. It's amazing! Depending how we make each level with special events, several funny things happens :D
On my Time Only Knows Alt Version, you can do this:
Note: The spoiler is because is different from the other version. There, was original thing. But, doesn't reveal nothing here.
David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am If you're talking about my videos: I know that glitch from your post, I didn't know it before you wrote about it. :)
Oh, ok, then ^_^. That's why I like to share everything I learnt about games. It's a pretty good.
David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am You're not alone, I frequently dwell too much on my posts as well. :)
I see ^_^. So, I think is because are you from another country and there English is not the main language, right?
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

NITM-T wrote: March 5th, 2018, 12:08 pm
David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am My Snes9x is also v1.51, but the sound settings work fine for me.
I see. But, I don't know what is it. Check it out:
Your Snes9x is different from mine.
I see you are using Snes9x-rr (rerecording), but I am using the "original" Snes9x.
In the rerecording version, the Sound Settings menu item is grayed for me as well.
Maybe you could try the original Snes9x and look at Sound Settings there.

---
NITM-T wrote: March 5th, 2018, 12:08 pm We can go to the last level with a secret password that show up when we die and only after that message show up, as well.
It's mentioned here: http://popuw.com/snes.html
Stage Jump: Start a new game and immediately be defeated by dropping down 2 screens and running right until you bump into the guard. When the message "Press button to continue" appears, hit SELECT and get your password. Reset the game, choose Continue, enter the password. You will be on level 20 with all the time you had, BUT with only the same number of bottles.
If I recall correctly, the current level is set to 255 during the "Press button" message. (I don't know why.)
The password generation code clamps level numbers above 20, that's why it makes a password for level 20.

Before you select PASSWORD in the pause menu, look at the displayed level number: it says 0.
This comes from the above-mentioned 255.
To understand how, you need to know that the internal (stored) level numbers are one less than what is displayed, so for example level 1 is stored as 0.
So if 255 is stored, it will be displayed as 255+1=256 truncated into a single byte (modulo 256), which is 0.

---
NITM-T wrote: March 5th, 2018, 12:08 pm
David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am You're not alone, I frequently dwell too much on my posts as well. :)
I see ^_^. So, I think is because are you from another country and there English is not the main language, right?
If you look at the right side of my post, it says "Location: Hungary". :)
In fact, I'm wondering if we have any forum members whose native language is English.
(By the way, I remember that the PoPUW forum had a topic where people posted what languages do they speak. Maybe we could do something similar?)

However, language is not really the (only) reason for taking so much time to write my posts.
For example, in my previous post I wanted to try everything you wrote, and I also tried to give some insightful answers where possible.
As I wrote somewhere else (not on this forum), I'm thorough. Maybe even too much.

---
Norbert wrote: March 4th, 2018, 6:03 pm
David wrote: March 4th, 2018, 12:04 pmIt's possible to do something in the DOS version in cheat mode: Kill the shadow, then press R and immediately start to run.
Maybe the 4th link here.
Yes, that one.
I have tried searching for "level 12 shadow", but that post doesn't contain any of these words. (And then there was this bug/feature.)
This is also something that happens often to me: I know I read or wrote about something, but I can't find it because I don't remember the exact words.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

David wrote: March 11th, 2018, 12:58 pm(By the way, I remember that the PoPUW forum had a topic where people posted what languages do they speak. Maybe we could do something similar?)
We have one on this forum: viewtopic.php?t=1701
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am Your Snes9x is different from mine.
Yeah, I thought about that after. Those TAS emulators has a few options "grey". I'll get a normal one. I did that 10 years ago, so I just didn't remeber how, heh. Thanks for your help and time.
David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am It's mentioned here...
Before you select PASSWORD in the pause menu, look at the displayed level number: it says 0.
Yep, but even posting things that were already mentioned, I was just putting they together here to relate to the others that we're talking and stuff.
I was going to post more, but nevermind... Probably, they already did, too.
David wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:53 am If you look at the right side of my post, it says "Location: Hungary". :)
In fact, I'm wondering if we have any forum members whose native language is English.
(By the way, I remember that the PoPUW forum had a topic where people posted what languages do they speak. Maybe we could do something similar?)
However, language is not really the (only) reason for taking so much time to write my posts.
For example, in my previous post I wanted to try everything you wrote, and I also tried to give some insightful answers where possible.
As I wrote somewhere else (not on this forum), I'm thorough. Maybe even too much.
I saw a few pics on Google about your country. It's a beautiful place! Lots of palaces like, Prince of Persia ^_^.
I also saw a few foruns who has people that post with they own languages with AMD permission to help people from their countries. Cool thing. But I think I won't be able to do something like that. I mean, I ran away from school when was 10 old, I can't even understand my own language, so what I'm trying to do, anyway? Just crush English, that's for sure. I just wanted to share my mods here and help players that don't speak Portuguese from Brazil, then, spartacus735 and SuavePrince went to my channel and they made me an invitation to come here after see my videos, but I'm getting too excited :P You could do it. I think that is a good ideia. Till now, I saw 3 guys from Brazil here already, I think they can help with that.
I got it. That's what I do, too. Try to explain as easy as possible. And for me, to do this in English, is pretty tough, y'know?

Anyway, this game has good glitches and tricks. I just saw a trick in Sword of Gold that's is pretty cool! I mean, I'm glad to know that SNES version also has a lot of them like DOS version.