An odd sound in the demo level

Discuss PoP1 for SNES here.

Moderator: English Moderator Team

David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

An odd sound in the demo level

Post by David » January 20th, 2018, 7:53 pm

In the demo level of PoP1 SNES, I can hear an odd sound effect before the prince jumps over to the potion.
demo_level_sound_here.png
demo_level_sound_here.png (9.78 KiB) Viewed 84 times
So what can it be?
If I remove the first gate of the level, then I don't hear this sound.
So I think it's the sound made by that gate when it fully closes.
I can't hear the sounds of the gate during it's closing, since the gate is not visible. So I think this sound shouldn't be played either.

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: An odd sound in the demo level

Post by Norbert » January 20th, 2018, 8:03 pm

David wrote:
January 20th, 2018, 7:53 pm
So what can it be?
It always plays the gate fully closed sound effect, even if you're not in the room; in all levels.
It's just that the demo level has no music, so it's easier to hear. :)

salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 » January 25th, 2018, 10:38 pm

Which demo version is this, because i cant hear anything.

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert » January 26th, 2018, 9:00 am

salvadorc17 wrote:
January 25th, 2018, 10:38 pm
Which demo version is this, because i cant hear anything.
Regular PoP1 for SNES.
Listen carefully here or here.

NITM-T
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by NITM-T » Today, 2:47 am

That door's sound is very clear in all levels when you play The Quiet Levels. First time I played, I thought the same, an odd sound.

There is something that I did long time ago, but I don't remember how because I tried again and nothing happens. I was playing on SNES9X, but I wanted to hear music, so I turn off the emulator's sound for that before load the game. Emulators has more that one option for this, but one or more silence the game completely and like this, a few glitches were possible like that trick with Select that we can skip required stop like when we see the Mirror or to do the Girl go out through walls or floors to kill her without a single touch on her. These things are possible with the emulator sound off without the Select Trick (don't know the real name).

On my PS 2 with that SNES Station emulator, I just turn the sound off before load a game and it works.
Also, you do not need to wait the song to fight Fat, Red and Blue Knights, just run and jump and they'll start fight you.
Sometimes, when we die, that message took a good time to show up. I mean there're 2 songs for death, I'm talking about the first one. But if press Select, you can skip it. And somtimes, the 2nd song, somehow, happens and the message show up quickly, even when we die by fall from a high place or any obstacle.
When we get the Sword, the animation is more faster, the same when we clear a level. The time and password show up quickly.
The game stucks when we meet Jaffar at level 15 and level 20. It seems those parts really need the sound. If you try to play Super Metroid like that, you'll only see NINTENDO, then, the game stucks, too. That intro from Top Gear, we need to wait a bit to press a button after the game's name show up. Without the sound, it's no necessary.

For those I've played, PoP is the one that have funny glitches, it's pretty cool ^_^! And I don't if this is possible to make on Consoles.
May the Moon light your path and together, we will open the way at Grand Clock.