How to skip 'main menu screen' of SNES PoP1

Discuss PoP1 for SNES here.
starwindz
Sultan
Sultan

How to skip 'main menu screen' of SNES PoP1

Post by starwindz »

I would like to skip 'main menu screen' using hex-edit in order to start the game quickly. Is there anyone who know the information. I have searched related topics but I could not find it.
Attachments
tsnap004.PNG
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: How to skip 'main menu screen' of SNES PoP1

Post by Norbert »

starwindz wrote:I would like to skip 'main menu screen' using hex-edit in order to start the game quickly.
This might be helpful:
viewtopic.php?p=17854#p17854

By the way, this forum board "New Levels and Mods For SNES" aims to allow mod authors to post their new levels and mods.
There is a general "Prince of Persia 1 for SNES" forum board for discussions about PoP1 for SNES.
And there's also a "Other Tools & Hex Editing" forum board.
starwindz
Sultan
Sultan

Post by starwindz »

Norbert wrote:
starwindz wrote:I would like to skip 'main menu screen' using hex-edit in order to start the game quickly.
This might be helpful:
viewtopic.php?p=17854#p17854

By the way, this forum board "New Levels and Mods For SNES" aims to allow mod authors to post their new levels and mods.
There is a general "Prince of Persia 1 for SNES" forum board for discussions about PoP1 for SNES.
And there's also a "Other Tools & Hex Editing" forum board.
You are right. Could you please delete this post and following post? I will make posts to the proper forum board. Thank you.
viewtopic.php?f=116&t=4014
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Moved topic.
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Will be more inmportant to know how to start at desired level, to do a quick test option in snes editors..
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

salvadorc17 wrote:Will be more inmportant to know how to start at desired level, to do a quick test option in snes editors..
It can be done with Pr1sneslevEd or in game with the password SPECIAL ( jap ) and SPCCMD! ( US , EUR ) go check the topic about that.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

spartacus735 wrote:
salvadorc17 wrote:Will be more inmportant to know how to start at desired level, to do a quick test option in snes editors..
It can be done with Pr1sneslevEd or in game with the password SPECIAL ( jap ) and SPCCMD! ( US , EUR ) go check the topic about that.
What Salvador means is easily launching into specific levels for playtesting.
While Pr1SnesLevEd can modify the starting level (File->Hacks...), it has no option to launch the active ROM in any way.
Related: in January 2015, I wrote about Pr1SnesLevEd: "It would be nice if playtesting were easier."

You are right that those passwords enable cheats and can be used (via an in-game cheat menu) to jump to specific levels.
But in my opinion that's still quite cumbersome; lots of work just to reach specific levels.
That's exactly what the hex changes I linked to do.
The apoplexy level editor already uses it to launch straight into specific SNES levels for playtesting.
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

spartacus735 wrote: It can be done with Pr1sneslevEd or in game with the password SPECIAL ( jap ) and SPCCMD! ( US , EUR ) go check the topic about that.
That is hard to use, but is not like testing with apoplexy to start at certain level, that is more accurate way to do it..