Prince of Persia mod

Discuss PoP1 for SNES here.
Laumi
Efendi
Efendi

Prince of Persia mod

Post by Laumi »

Hello peoples, i'm new on this forum, i don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this, if so let me know.

I've been playing a mod for snes called The kingdom of the dead, i don't know if i can post link of a video showing a mod that i dont own so just search it on youtube to know about it, there's a trailer and even a download link for the mod.

So well now to come to the point, i really love the design of the levels and the gameplay style, you only face dead peoples which means you cant kill them unless you make them fall somewhere but sometimes there's no ledges to make them fall so you have to run away or deal with them at some tricky places, the thing is that this mod feels like a troll, there's some tricky places where you can get past by using some hard tricks but sometime it feels like i get stuck whatever i do, i even tried some passwords to try out the other lvls and same thing happen, i even been to a level where i was able to open the final door and when i got to it, the prince wouldnt get in, there were actually no stairs and it was just all black instead, and one last thing, ive been to the final level with the jaffar fight, when you get in front of the princess room, jaffar get out and then nothing happen, the music continue to play, you can pause the game and also display the menu with select but thats it, that is the thing that actually get me to think that this mod is only made to troll peoples unless there's some extreme tricks that i dont know about, would anyone of you give it a try and see if you can even get past lvl 1 ? And few more at least if possible, thanks in advance.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Prince of Persia mod

Post by Norbert »

Laumi wrote:I've been playing a mod for snes called The kingdom of the dead, [...]
Hi there. Looks like two SNES mods previously unknown to us:
- The Kingdom of the Dead: trailer, download: normal, color
- Time Only Knows: trailer, download: normal (mirror), color
I don't think anyone here has looked into them yet.
Laumi
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Laumi »

Thanks for the reply, i hope that peoples will try and give some info about it, its really been bugging me, i often try and play it, sometimes i find out how to progress but only getting stuck right after, is there a link for Prince of Persia SNES tricks ? I've only found the tricks for pop1 dos, do they work on SNES version too ? I saw some does but not sure if i should check them out all in case most of them doesn't.
SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

Laumi wrote:Thanks for the reply, i hope that peoples will try and give some info about it, its really been bugging me, i often try and play it, sometimes i find out how to progress but only getting stuck right after, is there a link for Prince of Persia SNES tricks ? I've only found the tricks for pop1 dos, do they work on SNES version too ? I saw some does but not sure if i should check them out all in case most of them doesn't.
Maybe you need see this::
Laumi
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Laumi »

SuavePrince wrote:
Laumi wrote:Thanks for the reply, i hope that peoples will try and give some info about it, its really been bugging me, i often try and play it, sometimes i find out how to progress but only getting stuck right after, is there a link for Prince of Persia SNES tricks ? I've only found the tricks for pop1 dos, do they work on SNES version too ? I saw some does but not sure if i should check them out all in case most of them doesn't.
Maybe you need see this::
I guess this mod shows most of the trick of the SNES version ?

There's actually some tricks i know that werent in but thanks for sharing this, i wonder if there's more about SNES tricks with details on how to achieve as well.
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Post by Falcury »

Hi, welcome to the forum!
I moved the topic to the Prince of Persia 1 for SNES section.
Laumi
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Laumi »

Falcury wrote:Hi, welcome to the forum!
I moved the topic to the Prince of Persia 1 for SNES section.
Thank you very much, i like Prince of Persia mods, specially that one cause it has good story and mechanics but scared that I'm losing my time on it for nothing.
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Laumi wrote: Thank you very much, i like Prince of Persia mods, specially that one cause it has good story and mechanics but scared that I'm losing my time on it for nothing.
That mod seems interesting, with that creepy dark colors, will need to test it..
Laumi
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Laumi »

salvadorc17 wrote:
Laumi wrote: Thank you very much, i like Prince of Persia mods, specially that one cause it has good story and mechanics but scared that I'm losing my time on it for nothing.
That mod seems interesting, with that creepy dark colors, will need to test it..
It indeed is, tell me if you worked out to pass few lvls, it seems like impossible to clear, but someone with better knowledges about tricks might get it done, still wondering cause the levels at some points only seems to be dead ends.
Laumi
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Laumi »

Has anyone so far tested this mod and can confirm its a fully playable mod ?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Laumi wrote:Has anyone so far tested this mod and can confirm its a fully playable mod ?
Personally, I rarely play SNES mods.
On January 5th, I did add the SNES mods in question to popot.org (here and here).
Sooner or later, someone will probably try out their levels, and comment on them somewhere.
Sometimes it takes years before a mod gets any kind of attention.
Both this forum and popot.org allow you to "subscribe" to threads/mods.
If you subscribe, you'll receive an e-mail if someone adds a comment.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I've just added another SNES mod, The Two Princesses, from this author to popot.org here.
Trailer here.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Hi, Norbert. I'm the author from those mods and I want to know if is possible to me make my own topics on mods page. I think will help people like Laumi who asked about The Kingdom of the Dead, here.

Edit: Laumi, If you still have interest in playing my mod, please go to the topic I created and tell me which parts you cannot pass.
May the Moon light your path.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

NITM-T wrote:if is possible to me make my own topics on mods page
Sure. I see you already created threads about them. :)
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

NITM-T wrote:Hi, Norbert. I'm the author from those mods and I want to know if is possible to me make my own topics on mods page. I think will help people like Laumi who asked about The Kingdom of the Dead, here.

Edit: Laumi, If you still have interest in playing my mod, please go to the topic I created and tell me which parts you cannot pass.
Well, seems you have made a hard thing, good work. I was not able to complete it myself.