SNES graphics extraction and editing

Discuss PoP1 for SNES here.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

SNES graphics extraction and editing

Post by David »

I've started adding a level graphics editor to the level editor, but the edited graphics can't be saved yet. When it will be finished, I'll upload it somewhere.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: [HELP] Level conversion from PC to SNES for Total Pack

Post by Norbert »

David wrote:I've started adding a level graphics editor to the level editor, [...]
Can you tell us a bit more on what the graphics editor will be like?
You're embedding an already existing open source/free software graphics editor?
David wrote:I've extracted all the graphics from the game, including the level graphics:
Link: http://www.freeweb.hu/princepersia/en/s ... ics_dl.htm
As that page is no longer on-line, can you please attach that package to a post in this thread?
If the package is too large, please PM me and I'll add it to popot.org.
starwindz wrote:3. I have already used your C++ source code of Pr1SnesLevEd in order to develope the PC-to-SNES level converter. [...] Regarding the converter, I made a command-line utility for level importing by using the C++ source code of the level editor.
When you release the SNES Total Pack, will you also provide us with (the source code of) the command-line utility? ;)
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Norbert wrote:can you please attach that package to a post in this thread?
I've attached the SNES graphics to this post.
snes_graphics.zip
SNES graphics
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 366 times
Norbert wrote:Can you tell us a bit more on what the graphics editor will be like?
I also attached a screenshot of the level graphics editor, as it currently looks like. (The other tab is currently empty.)
Screenshot of the level graphics editor
Screenshot of the level graphics editor
It works, but I haven't implemented graphics compression yet (only decompression), so edited graphics can't be saved.
Norbert wrote:You're embedding an already existing open source/free software graphics editor?
Currently not. Do you know any existing graphics editor that can edit tiled graphics?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

David wrote:I've attached the SNES graphics to this post.
Thanks.
David wrote:I also attached a screenshot of the level graphics editor, as it currently looks like.
Looks promising.
David wrote:Do you know any existing graphics editor that can edit tiled graphics?
Well, http://freecode.com mentions a few (search for tile and go through the results), but I don't know if these have usable features/licenses, and maybe it'll be easier to continue with your own code that you know well.
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

Amazing job David ! I can not wait to have it in pr1snesleved! :O

edit : David please can you add the function " copy and paste" ? to create identical room in a fast time for exemple , and it is possible to make in pr1sneslevEd
a function who can make level with some graphics of different level exemple : add wall of prison ( level 1/3 ) and the floor of level 13 ?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Re: Level conversion from PC to SNES for Total Pack

Post by salvadorc17 »

I've attached the SNES graphics to this post.
Thanks for the graphics set, this can be changed to fit into pc version, where to get the converted sprites from Total Pack???
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Level conversion from PC to SNES for Total Pack

Post by Norbert »

David, is there any way you could split this thread in two, where one is about a) PC->SNES level conversion, and the other about b) SNES graphics extraction. Afterwards, the latter (b) could probably be moved away from this Total Pack board, into either the board about Pr1SnesLevEd or the general board about PoP1 for SNES.

(I think you're currently the only moderator, therefore I'm asking you.)
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: SNES graphics extraction and editing

Post by David »

Done.
Some posts that are partly about graphics remained in the old topic, like viewtopic.php?p=10799#p10799 and viewtopic.php?p=10806#p10806 , though.
But those are more about the conversion, and mention graphics only in relation to that, I think?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: SNES graphics extraction and editing

Post by Norbert »

Newer version of David's tool (and extracted graphics) available here.