Discuss PoP1 for SNES here.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

SNES cheats

Post by David »

Activating:
In the main menu, select CONTINUE.
[part 1] Enter "SPECIAL" (Japan) or "SPCCMD!" (*) (Europe/USA) and select OK.
Nothing happens on the screen, but you will hear a sound that is different from the usual "bad password" sound. (*)
Start the game.
Press Start to pause the game.
[part 2] Press these buttons: B Y up down left right L R. (Look up the mapping in your emulator.)
You will hear the same sound as at the password screen. (*)

Cheat menu:
Make sure the game is not paused.
Press Start+Select to open the cheat menu.
(If you didn't enable cheats, then the "sound select" menu opens instead.)
The menu contains:
LEVEL SELECT -> go to a level (1-20)
SOUND SELECT -> choose music
BOOST METER -> get more HP (max. 15)

Killing guards:
Press the X key to kill the current guard.
You can also set the function of a button to "KILL" in the OPTIONS menu. (*)
Note: The X key will lose its specialness if you change its function. (*)

Items marked with (*) are not mentioned on most other websites.
Though, Kaslghnoon mentioned something about the cheat password of the Europe/USA version:
From viewtopic.php?p=14320#p14320 :
Kaslghnoon wrote:I became open to the possibility that it was a secret to be discovered only by people like us, similar to the cheat password in the Konami version of the SNES PoP1...
And the "different" sound is mentioned here: http://www.cheatingdome.com/snes/prince ... cheats.htm
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: SNES cheats

Post by Norbert »

Nice.
I've stickied this thread.
David wrote:Look up the mapping in your emulator.
Here are the ZSNES equivalents:
- [part 2] = z a up down left right d c
- Open cheat menu = Enter+RightShift
- Kill current guard = s
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Did you guys know about this?:

It's a trick that this player, kiouji, found about 20 years ago, but he only upload this video 5 years ago. I really not sure if was he...
Anyway, this glitch it's pretty cool! We can to activate the Kill effect on option menu like the cheat itself to kill all guards while in-game.
It is really interesting how the glitch happens and how it's simple to do it.

I was on TASVideos site when I see a SNES PoP newest submission, but the player NhatNM (N?K) said: "Someone on youtube shared this glitch", in his submission. So, I went to YouTube and find this video.
Works for Both USA and EUR versions, but not for JAP. Instead, a different glitch happens, pretty funny, I mean, hahaha. Just do it and start the game again without reset it since it not gets stuck.

May the Moon light your path.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Saw that and another video that shows the glitch as well around a month ago.

It is pretty interesting what happens to the game depending how you go down, and the KILL option appearing after the reset is as if the SPECIAL/SPCCMD! password was utilized.

I have tested it several times on different ways, and a lot of things can happen each time.
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Yeah. Also, the ending it's too brutal! The Prince's head is decapitated and has blood:

Btw, I edited the first photo, again.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

NITM-T wrote: August 6th, 2018, 7:45 amDid you guys know about this?: [...]
I did not; interesting.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

NITM-T wrote: August 6th, 2018, 8:37 am Yeah. Also, the ending it's too brutal! The Prince's head is decapitated and has blood.
I went to try to do the glitch and go to the ending on the Japanese version and indeed, the decapitation animation occurs, though it stops just before the body falls to the ground. Until today, I thought that animation could never be seen in-game!
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Norbert wrote: August 6th, 2018, 6:45 pm I did not; interesting.
Yep. I just love when, after long years play games, we still see/find new things likes that ^_^.
Shauing wrote: August 7th, 2018, 4:06 am I went to try to do the glitch and go to the ending on the Japanese version and indeed, the decapitation animation occurs, though it stops just before the body falls to the ground. Until today, I thought that animation could never be seen in-game!
As you also said: "I have tested it several times on different ways, and a lot of things can happen each time." Mine is different. The body don't fall, the head try to fall a few times, but don't either, so the blood animation keep going, as well.
I'll try later see more about that glitch.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

NITM-T wrote: August 6th, 2018, 7:45 am Did you guys know about this?:
No, this is new to me!
So if I end the game while the prince is climbing down into a different room, then cheats become enabled.
NITM-T wrote: August 6th, 2018, 7:45 am Works for Both USA and EUR versions, but not for JAP. Instead, a different glitch happens, pretty funny, I mean, hahaha. Just do it and start the game again without reset it since it not gets stuck.
Yeah, in the Japanese version it has a different effect, it messes up the sprites. A reset fixes that, though.

Whoah! In the US version, in one attempt this glitch took me to level 7!
The sprites also became messed up, like in the Japanese version. And cheats didn't get activated.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

David wrote: August 11th, 2018, 12:55 pm Whoah! In the US version, in one attempt this glitch took me to level 7!
It is a really cool glitch ^_^.
David wrote: August 11th, 2018, 12:55 pm So if I end the game while the prince is climbing down into a different room, then cheats become enabled.
The sprites also became messed up, like in the Japanese version. And cheats didn't get activated.
Yes, pretty easy. And if the cheats didn't work, I believe that is like shauing said. So, it has a fixed spot, but we can do it like an alt way.
David wrote: August 11th, 2018, 12:55 pm Yeah, in the Japanese version it has a different effect[..]
I've seen this in several games for a long time now. I mean, sometimes, each version has its own kind of glitches and some of them, may works for all.
Japanese games is very known by this. Games like Zelda: A link to the Past 1.0, Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight 1.0, PC Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (dont' know its version)... These games has they own glitches that doesn't work for another versions. We call them: Exclusive Glitch
But we could say that USA games also has glitches like this one from PoP that doesn't work for Japanese version, I mean, it's the same glitch, but each version has different effects and stuff.
So, you could test a glitch from JAP version into USA version and nothing happens. Then you could said, they fixed. But, sometimes like Castlevania: SotN vs Dracula X: NitM and GTA USA vs JAP, a glitch from SotN into NitM will stuck the game and a glitch from JAP GTA into USA GTA will also stuck it.
Also, if the same game has been release for another Console, it's possible to find new glitches. I really like this :lol: I don't have any ideia why that happens, but still interesting for me, heh.

By the way, that glitch for PoP PC Engine version to skip the Level Doors End, it's so beautiful! :D We can beat the game pretty fast.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Almost a year ago, we talked about that glitch up there and once again, I saw Prince's head rolling:

I Was trying to do Trick 132, I did, actually, but was not that cool 'cause I've to make a new copied room or maybe, doesn't work for SNES or better, I don't know how to do it, there.
Anyway, that trick's similar to Teleport as you can see here:

So, I'd to show the 2 forms when that thing happened, heh. Besides Prince's head rolling around, we can see him lying down and both him and Princess on the elephant when I attack. You may see them if you watch frame by frame: