Level 6 Secret Passage?

Discuss PoP1 for SNES here.
printsofpersia
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Level 6 Secret Passage?

Post by printsofpersia »

Hiya guys,

New here so not sure if this has been answered but....

What is the score with the secret passage at the end of lvl 6?

After the female fighter if you fall with the loose tiles you can see a passage going off to the right..

You'd need a float potion to get down there safely I think.

It has bugged me for 25 years and there's probably nothing there but I keep googling every few years to see if anyone figured it out.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Re: Level 6 Secret Passage?

Post by NITM-T »

printsofpersia wrote: October 12th, 2017, 2:07 am Hiya guys,

New here so not sure if this has been answered but....

What is the score with the secret passage at the end of lvl 6?

After the female fighter if you fall with the loose tiles you can see a passage going off to the right..

You'd need a float potion to get down there safely I think.

It has bugged me for 25 years and there's probably nothing there but I keep googling every few years to see if anyone figured it out.
Hey there and welcome!
There is nothing there, it's just death. I think all original games have those rooms, maybe to do people get curious or something, heh. SNES mods that I've played have those rooms too, I also made one of those rooms myself.
May the Moon light your path.
printsofpersia
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by printsofpersia »

Thanks for the welcome.

So if you get down there without the fall killing you.... you just die when you walk in there?
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

You're welcome!
Yes. Since there is no way we can do that, we can only put a Slow Down Potion by editing the game, otherwise is use a GameShark or something. But is useless since we'll die, anyway. It's just to kill the curiosity :P
That room to the right is a 255 or 254 and each level have 24 rooms: 0 to 23, so those 255 or 254 will lead us to death, you know? Unless to create ceilings or walls to the left like, 255 at up will be a ceiling, 254 it's a open ceiling (like sky) and to make a wall to the left would be like:
--------------255 (ceiling)
(wall) 255 - 0 - 255 (death)
--------------255 (death)
0 is the room where you are.

Of couser if you use walls by editing to the right and tiles to down, you'll never die. That means there are no paths, just find another way to go ahead.
That would be more easy with pics, but I don't have my PC right now and also, I don't speak English and that maybe get you confuse.
The better thing for you is watch the tutorials videos that you can find here or on popot site.
May the Moon light your path.
printsofpersia
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by printsofpersia »

Thank you.

Im not too sure I understand but i'll take your word for it as you seem to know your stuff.

I suppose I want to see it. But thank you anyway.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

printsofpersia wrote: October 12th, 2017, 2:07 amYou'd need a float potion to get down there safely I think.
Yeah, but as NITM-T wrote, down there is just death.

David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

@printsofpersia: You can try this yourself with this level editor: https://www.popot.org/level_editors.php ... 1SnesLevEd

There are similar level designs on level 9 (before the shadow), on level 11 (the first pit you meet), and on level 12.
The one on level 9 is a bit different, though: it goes off to the left, and there is an actual extra room you could enter.
You can find maps here: http://vgmaps.com/Atlas/SuperNES/index. ... ceOfPersia
printsofpersia wrote: October 12th, 2017, 2:07 am It has bugged me for 25 years and there's probably nothing there but I keep googling every few years to see if anyone figured it out.
Wow, that is some persistence...
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

printsofpersia wrote: October 12th, 2017, 10:37 pm Thank you.

Im not too sure I understand but i'll take your word for it as you seem to know your stuff.

I suppose I want to see it. But thank you anyway.
There is dead end, you can always use editor to create a new secret passage.