HacksForm help needed...

A modern Prince of Persia 1 for SNES level editor for Windows.
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

HacksForm help needed...

Post by salvadorc17 »

Hi, i want to request some help to use this new hacks options, for the special exits and the guard trigger, how to use them, please some instructions.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: HacksForm help needed...

Post by David »

Umm... I think it's self-explaining.

For example, the first special exit says: level: 9, room (down): 11.
This means that if on level 9 the prince exits room 11 down, then the level will end.

Similarly, the first guard trigger says: level: 6, guard: girl, room: 18, action: permanent open, tile: 20.
So, if on level 6 a girl (amazon) dies, then the gate in room 18 at tile 20 will open permanently.
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

David wrote:Umm... I think it's self-explaining.

For example, the first special exit says: level: 9, room (down): 11.
This means that if on level 9 the prince exits room 11 down, then the level will end.

Similarly, the first guard trigger says: level: 6, guard: girl, room: 18, action: permanent open, tile: 20.
So, if on level 6 a girl (amazon) dies, then the gate in room 18 at tile 20 will open permanently.
So special exit means finish the level at the current tile, room, event if there is no exit door?

Also i think you forgot potion trigger hack...
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

salvadorc17 wrote:So special exit means finish the level at the current tile, room, event if there is no exit door?
Yes. An example is at the end of level 9, when the prince falls down after the shadow closes the gate.
salvadorc17 wrote:Also i think you forgot potion trigger hack...
Do you mean the various "Drinking kill potion" hacks?
I will have to change something in the editor for those, because, as it is now, the defaults of the disabled hacks would overwrite the enabled hack...

My idea is to add a new type of hack that displays as a radio button and has no default.
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

David wrote: Do you mean the various "Drinking kill potion" hacks?
I will have to change something in the editor for those, because, as it is now, the defaults of the disabled hacks would overwrite the enabled hack...

My idea is to add a new type of hack that displays as a radio button and has no default.
Yes i mean those, that could be a interesting idea to allow modification of options by those hacks..