New death graphic?

A modern Prince of Persia 1 for SNES level editor for Windows.
ecco
Sheikh
Sheikh

New death graphic?

Post by ecco »

While testing a new level, this happened to me, or the prince rather:
new_death_graphic.jpg
new_death_graphic.jpg (6 KiB) Viewed 6862 times
new_death_graphic_02.jpg
new_death_graphic_02.jpg (1.88 KiB) Viewed 6862 times
Not very nice looking. While unpleasant, I was pleased to discover this new graphic.. Apologies if it's been discovered already by someone, probably yes, but it's new to me. If it's known about, please point me in the direction of any forum posts as I'm curious.

It almost looks like it was the death frame of an unused booby trap. By the looks of it, one large spike or skewer than shot up from the floor. The graphic only showed for one frame before ending up in what looks like one bloodied leg on the floor. It doesn't tell you you've died, but nor does it crash. You just have to select End Game to get out of it.

Unfortunately I think I need to redesign my level because of it.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: New death graphic?

Post by David »

It was mentioned here: viewtopic.php?p=6224#p6224
Did you also use a teleport, or did it happen somehow else?
(Though that method also needs a gate, like this one.)
ecco
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by ecco »

Thanks David : ) Yes, it was a teleport next to/ kind of overlapping a gate.

Your level editor is amazing. Was a dream come true when I first discovered it but I wish it was around 10-20 yrs ago ; )

I still use RoomShaker to plan a level out, most of all as it has the map overview, and is super quick to shuffle rooms about. Apart from a Map overview, the other thing i think would be handy if you are still working on it, would be an option to view all tiles in a grid, rather than a long list. Then there can be a column/ row for all alike tiles, eg, platforms, wall pieces, traps etc. I guess the order it is currently in is just the way it is packed up in the levels file.

But saying all that, truth is once I've finished these levels, I'm unlikely to do any more : ( Life moved on and I'm too busy now. I started this a while ago now and just want to get this project finished and closed once and for all! : )
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

How is the teleport working with no teleporting tile, i mean is possible??