Prince of Persia Editing Problems

A modern Prince of Persia 1 for SNES level editor for Windows.
GabrielJohn
Efendi
Efendi

Prince of Persia Editing Problems

Post by GabrielJohn »

Dear Princed users, my name is GabrielJohn. I recently been using the program Pr1SnesLevEd to create my own Prince of Persia ROMHack (later going to be named Prince of Persia: Journey to Freedom) for the Super Nintendo. By the time I was done Level 3 (mostly), I noticed a few recurring problems that I wish to address to you all. If anyone knows how to fix these Problems, I would be happy to know so I can continue on in my editing...
1) The Structure Around the Entrance and Exit Doors: You walk on the tile with part of the Door Structure...and you fall through the Floor.
2) The Exit Door Open Switch Doesn't Work: Even though I clearly pressed the Open Switch to open the Exit Door, the Exit would not open
3) I have to fight every enemy (in this case, Golden Skeletons) even after they are dead.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Prince of Persia Editing Problems

Post by David »

GabrielJohn wrote:1) The Structure Around the Entrance and Exit Doors: You walk on the tile with part of the Door Structure...and you fall through the Floor.
Did you check the "floor" checkbox on those tiles?
Also, enabling "Mode -> Floors and Walls" could be helpful.
GabrielJohn wrote:2) The Exit Door Open Switch Doesn't Work: Even though I clearly pressed the Open Switch to open the Exit Door, the Exit would not open
Did you set the door event of the button to point to the exit door?
GabrielJohn wrote:3) I have to fight every enemy (in this case, Golden Skeletons) even after they are dead.
I just tried it: I put a Golden Skeleton on level 1. I killed it, then I left the room and entered it again. The skeleton was still "dead", but the hitpoints were shown and the kid drew his sword.
I also tried this with the original golden skeleton on level 12, and the same happened.
If I leave the room again, and enter again, then the skeleton is back to life, as if I never hurt him.
Is this what you mean?
Attachments
golden_skeleton_bug.png
golden_skeleton_bug.png (18.64 KiB) Viewed 9543 times
GabrielJohn
Efendi
Efendi

Post by GabrielJohn »

1. Falling Through the Floor: I am pretty sure I checked the Mode --> Floors
2. Exit Door won't open: I moved the Exit Door to a Different Position in the room, so it was marked at 00,00,00. I think I marked it down for the Original game numbers.
3. Skeleton Continuous Battling: Yeah, that is what I am talking about. I don't know how to fix it.
I have a video showing these problems I have been having, but I don't think I can post it to the fourm
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

I think that for the floor tile you must check if not checked "wall". Also for the door you must use door events different from 00, and open door is recommended to have assigned to that event.

For the skeletons dont know a solution, change if for silver, or kill it trough a trap...
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Could you please attach your level (edited ROM image) to your next post? Then I (and others) could look at your problems.
GabrielJohn wrote:I have a video showing these problems I have been having, but I don't think I can post it to the fourm
If it's not too big, you can attach it to your post. If the upload form complains about the file type, you may need to ZIP it first.
Or, you could upload it to some other site and post the link here.

But I think it's enough if you upload the level, so we could try it ourselves.
GabrielJohn
Efendi
Efendi

Post by GabrielJohn »

It's not too bad now. I got the Structure Problem fixed, the Exit Door still wont open, and there is nothing I can do about the Golden Skeleton Issue. I will try to upload the level for you.
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Yes, you can upload the level by exporting it and after that, attach it to your forum post...
GabrielJohn
Efendi
Efendi

Post by GabrielJohn »

Okay...Thank You. Another thing that's...well...not really a problem, but something I was hoping to change. How do you change the Palette Color of the Prince for each level. Its really been bothering me trying to figure it out...and yes, I will have the level posted eventually.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

It is possible to change colors of the kid at "Graphics -> Edit sprites palette...", but that changes the colors everywhere.
Is this what you want, or do you want different colors for different levels?
GabrielJohn
Efendi
Efendi

Post by GabrielJohn »

I was hoping to have a Different Color Palette for the Prince that matches each Backdrop. For example, Levels 1,2,3 in my Hack are the Red Dungeons (Background for Levels 10,11,12 in the Original Game), so the Prince would be Red Color. Levels 4,5,6 in my Hack (Levels 1,2,3 in the Original Game) are the Blue Dungeons, so the Prince would be Blue. This is what I want. The only time I want the Prince to stay his Default/Original Colors is for Levels 19,20
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

The sprites for the game are managed for all levels, for princed and for the guards...
GabrielJohn
Efendi
Efendi

Post by GabrielJohn »

The following few posts are going to be the 3 Levels whose Exit Door wont open. Here is Level 2.
Attachments
LEVEL 2.zip
(1.03 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
GabrielJohn
Efendi
Efendi

Post by GabrielJohn »

Level 3
Attachments
LEVEL 3.zip
(1.03 KiB) Downloaded 143 times