Twisted Ideas (MININIM)

oitofelix
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Twisted Ideas (MININIM)

Post by oitofelix »

I started implementing the --semantics=LEGACY switch in MININIM. That feature is the bridge between the new and the old world, namely, it implements the semantics expected by legacy mods within the new MININIM world. My ultimate goal in doing so is to make all legacy level sets available at popot.org finishable using MININIM. I want people to be able to explore the mods they like and know so well from a new, alternative perspective. Soon replays should also be implemented and then people will be able to share their MININIM solutions to the levels (using popot.org -- thanks, Norbert), and compare them with the SDLPoP ones (in a healthy, fun and constructive way!).

To demonstrate the progress being made on this front I'd like to share with you my MININIM solutions to the great talpa's level set "Twisted Ideas", made possible by the "--semantics" switch.

Ps: No further discussions about semantics on this thread, I promise. :P Let's just have fun solving talpa's level set. ;)
Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix)
MININIM author
oitofelix
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: New levelset: Twisted Ideas

Post by oitofelix »

MININIM solution, level 02:

MININIM author
oitofelix
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Twisted Ideas (MININIM)

Post by oitofelix »

MININIM author
talpa
Sheikh
Sheikh

Re: Twisted Ideas (MININIM)

Post by talpa »

Well done, even though the legacy behaviour would have made more difficult some passages: as I already said, no jumps through guards in level 2; the skeleton in the far right of level 3 would have required some adjustments to pass; too easy this way the room with the spikes :D.