Secrets of The Citadel

Falcury
Calif
Calif

Re: Secrets of The Citadel

Post by Falcury »

talpa wrote:Here is my walkthrough for levels 13 and the alternate ending (level 14)
Very nice! :)

About the part near the 4:00 minute mark: I had not really intended that path to be possible... :P (nicely found shortcut!) There is a slight chance that I would consider removing that second loose floor in a future revision... but for now I'll definitely leave it as it is. (Especially because I think that the current version should be the 'definitive' version of the levelset.)
talpa
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by talpa »

Note that if you decide to change the level, you should also move the loose floor that lets you go in the upper room, since also that one is right over the raise button ;)
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Post by Falcury »

talpa wrote:Note that if you decide to change the level, you should also move the loose floor that lets you go in the upper room, since also that one is right over the raise button ;)
Ah, you're right... Well, that would be another reason to leave it unchanged, then :)
talpa
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by talpa »

Here is the walkthrough for the same level (14, alternate ending) following the longer path, the way I think Falcury originally intended.
It's a bit messy, I'm sorry, I did some noise with saving and resuming, combats and some paths longer than necessary, some mistakes... it's just to give an idea of the path.

(Happy new year everybody! :P)
talpa
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by talpa »

Hello everybody.
Since in its video of level 10 SuavePrince didn't show how to get the bonus potion (which is fundamental if you want to be able to go to the extra level at the end) I tried to give you some hints.

It's a little messy as a walkthrough video: I had to save and restore many times, and I made a lot of mistakes, so without cheat mode I wouldn't have been able to finish it (too many lives lost) but still it should be enough to show you the path.

SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

talpa wrote:Hello everybody.
Since in its video of level 10 SuavePrince didn't show how to get the bonus potion
Nice,maybe dont try take the lp,but is necessary other players pass some mods n take lp,some videos dont take lp,its a work for other players :) ,only if thinks is very hard,but if is normal,other player need try
talpa
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by talpa »

@Suave: I agree, but only partially: I think this levels are very hard, and often (not always, there are exceptions) a video can be more clear than many words. If a player doesn't want spoiler, he can skip the videos ;)

@Falcury: it came to my mind that if you want to make impossible my shortcut for level 14, you don't need to change the buildings: it's enough to switch one raise button with the other, or (it's the same) have the drop button close the other gate.
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Post by Falcury »

talpa wrote:@Falcury: it came to my mind that if you want to make impossible my shortcut for level 14, you don't need to change the buildings: it's enough to switch one raise button with the other, or (it's the same) have the drop button close the other gate.
Hey, yes you're right! I even intended that drop button to close both gates simultaneously... I wonder why I didn't fix that :?
I should release a 1.2.1 version at some point anyway, to re-enable SDLPoP replays (as soon as that works without major issues)...
Thanks for the suggestion!

Which reminds me, in the next update I should add an "acknowledgements" section to the readme file.

And nicely done getting the bonus potion in level 10! :) It's harder than it looks!
SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

talpa wrote:@Suave: I agree, but only partially: I think this levels are very hard, and often (not always, there are exceptions) a video can be more clear than many words. If a player doesn't want spoiler, he can skip the videos ;)
More player need pass n record,if ill take lp,you dont upload the video,is the reason,congratulations,great move
talpa
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by talpa »

Complete walkthrough of level 12

and my hall of fame record; the time is not optimal, but I think I did pretty well on potions, I took all the bonus ones, and left life potions only on level 3 and one of level 9.
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Post by Falcury »

talpa wrote:Complete walkthrough of level 12
That's an elegant runthrough!
I'm learning new stuff as well, I hadn't even realized that the jump at 5:20 was possible without a loose tile there :)
talpa wrote:and my hall of fame record; the time is not optimal, but I think I did pretty well on potions, I took all the bonus ones, and left life potions only on level 3 and one of level 9.
Congratulations :D
I am somehow extremely proud that you reached this point... you had to overcome so many seemingly impossible challenges ;)
If I remember correctly, my own playthrough time was about the same as yours.
Now there are just two unsolved potions left in the levelset... But that's OK. (If truth be told I can't even reliably get the level 3 life potion myself!)
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Post by Falcury »

I re-enabled replay support in the 1.2.1 release of this mod! :)

To celebrate, here are two replays I recorded recently.

To view them: download the mod's 1.2.1 release, then put the replay files in the 'replays' folder. Then, from the title screen, you can press Tab to view and cycle through the replays.

One of the replays reveals the way to get the first life potion in level 9, at last. (Capturing this was extremely difficult... So many things can go wrong in this sequence! Almost everything, in fact.)

The other replay shows a fast way of completing the first level.
Attachments
SotC L9 life potion 1.p1r
(3.91 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
SotC L1 speedrun.p1r
(5.57 KiB) Downloaded 77 times