[Hardcore]PoP2 Mod Walkthrough

zethholyblade
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

[Hardcore]PoP2 Mod Walkthrough

Post by zethholyblade »

Not attempting to spam or anything, but since I noticed there's this section of the forums specifically made for walkthroughs, I guess I had to make a new thread. The following is related to: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=3539

Special thanks to David for giving me tips to solve the issue between FRAPS and DosBox, now I can record the walkthrough and make it HDish enough for ye. Not to mention that I can also change the BG music at will xD
[PART 01] - WARMUP!
[PART 02] - CAVES1
[PART 03] - CAVES2
[PART 04] - CAVES3
[PART 05] - RUINS1
[PART 06] - RUINS2A
[PART 07] - RUINS3
[PART 08] - RUINS4
Last edited by zethholyblade on September 11th, 2014, 9:13 am, edited 6 times in total.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: [Hardcore]PoP2 Mod Walkthrough

Post by Norbert »

Nice work with the custom music, even separate fighting audio sequences, and if I'm not mistaken a custom sound effect for the falling skeleton.
The custom music increases the watchability, I think.
Why did you drink the screen-flip potion in the ruins, maybe to add an extra challenge for yourself?
zethholyblade
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by zethholyblade »

Norbert wrote:Why did you drink the screen-flip potion in the ruins, maybe to add an extra challenge for yourself?
Err no, I messed up xD (fell in my own trap)
zethholyblade
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by zethholyblade »

Uhm, I want to modify the thread's description and add a link for a new walkthrough video but I don't see the edit button on my posts xD how odd. Anyway here's the rest for this walkthrough:
[PART 09] - TEMPLE 1

[PART 10] - TEMPLE 2

[PART 11] - TEMPLE 3
BTW, you should try reaching the Temple of the Flame with at least 45 mins left (I got 45 and a few seconds in here) because this place is the true reason why I called this 'Hardcore' mod in the first place. Some of you may notice that, although the video lasts around 10 mins, in game time it only came to be around +8 mins only.The reason is simple, there are parts of the dungeon that may be a bit... 'heavy' and induce some FPS lag, but hey, think of it as the Prince's SoT abilities to slow down time xD.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Some of those sound effects... :P
zethholyblade wrote:[...] but I don't see the edit button on my posts xD how odd.
Edit and remove buttons disappear after three days.
Feel free to message me if you want old posts to be changed.
zethholyblade
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by zethholyblade »

I'm pretty much done with the walkthrough guys. Only have to do the last level but we all know how that ends, and its rather unclimatic, so I have to think a good way to end it (add special effects I dunno).
[PART 12] - TEMPLE 4
Norbert wrote:Some of those sound effects... :P
Yeah I had access to a large source of sounds from many games, old, modern and new xD. I think they add up nicely in most occasions.
Norbert wrote:Edit and remove buttons disappear after three days.Feel free to message me if you want old posts to be changed.
That's rather unfortunate xD, I wanted to add all videos into a single post. Now I can't edit it by myself but I'll message you right away to get it done :D
zethholyblade
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by zethholyblade »

Glad to know you guys (and the community) are still up and running.

I've been away, sure. Yet I haven't forgotten about this wonderful classic we all enjoy.

Muchso that I'll be updating my mods, including this one... Yeah, one last version of the Hardcore mod, fixing/improving a few parts to decrease lag and the like.

Also working on a few ambitious mods too.
Turns out you can make a full 14 same-level-type mods with roomshaker (unlike apoplexy) :D
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

zethholyblade wrote: November 29th, 2019, 6:02 pmTurns out you can make a full 14 same-level-type mods with roomshaker (unlike apoplexy) :D
You can also with apoplexy, via F2 (D/P settings).
Or press the "t" key.
(Or keep "t" down, to visit the disco...)
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Norbert wrote: November 30th, 2019, 12:30 am
zethholyblade wrote: November 29th, 2019, 6:02 pmTurns out you can make a full 14 same-level-type mods with roomshaker (unlike apoplexy) :D
Or press the "t" key.
That works only when you're editing PoP1 (DOS or SNES), but he was probably referring to PoP2.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

David wrote: November 30th, 2019, 5:37 pm
Norbert wrote: November 30th, 2019, 12:30 am
Or press the "t" key.
That works only when you're editing PoP1 (DOS or SNES), but he was probably referring to PoP2.
Oh, totally; I now see "PoP2" in the thread subject.
Only basic PoP2 editing with apoplexy; true.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

David wrote: November 30th, 2019, 5:37 pmThat works only when you're editing PoP1 (DOS or SNES), but he was probably referring to PoP2.
Update:
I've just released version 3.7 of apoplexy.
It can modify (and detect changes in) PoP2 environment (and guard) types.
zethholyblade
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by zethholyblade »

And I had recently downloaded version 3.6.

Aight buddies. I'll give it a try.

I'm making a new mod sorta roleplaying as if the prince had been captured by jigsaw... Meaning there are countless traps spread throughout small rooms per level.

Also adding a few new puzzles based on a few tricks I've learned...

Moreover, for the longest time I've thinking about making a Ruins/Temple hybrid level-set, inspired in PoP Warrior Within...

Sadly modding options for PoP2 remain limited both visually and in sound effects to this day. If I knew how, believe me I'd make some truly epic stuff :D