Sword of Gold (Trailer & Download)

juliano_did
Sheikh
Sheikh

Sword of Gold (Trailer & Download)

Post by juliano_did »

Hello people from the forum I bring my 1st mod!
It has 20 levels, but only 19 have been modified. The time is 120 minutes.
I'm old on the forum since 2012, but now I've had the pleasure of bringing this mod done by me.

The game has a FAQ that will explain some things done in the mod you can find and your adventure.

I hope you guys like it.

Hope you like it,
Good luck!!!

Trailer.

Downloads.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/v4y6d6e4 ... d.rar/file
Last edited by Falcury on April 25th, 2023, 7:36 am, edited 17 times in total.
Reason: Updated download link
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Sword of Gold (download)

Post by spartacus735 »

Hey , nice to see a new mod.

I played to your mod and I analyzed it with Pr1sneslevEd.

For a first mod it's nice to put some sprite color modification and made a complete leveset. But I will give you some tips.

First you should made levelset with empty room and don't use the original level for after that put some traps/guard and few custom rooms. " Clear all rooms" on Pr1sneslevEd is the best way to practice and made creative level and create new challenge for the player.

Otherwise I recommand you to look my tutorials on Youtube if you want know more about colors editor and create your own Tileset.

Also, your mod have some tiles errors ( graphics don't match ) but for a first mod I will be indulgent it's a great mod. Nice start keep it up !

Sparta"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
juliano_did
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by juliano_did »

Hello spartacus735 thank you,

I believe that only level 1 has gotten repeated rooms, which gives the idea of looking like an easy mod, which it really is not.

Duplicate rooms or leave rooms in the mod and another idea that I left to confuse when the player is in doubt and will use Pr1sneslevEd to try to find the exit.

The people that I can thank for the creation of this mod would be you, NITM-T and the tools found here in the forum.

For you who already have a more advanced knowledge take a look at the rooms: 5, 9, 14, 15, 16 and 17 my preference is 16.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Hi, for me the 4shared.com download option does not work.
Any chance you could attach your mod to a forum post.
Also, are you willing to create some screenshots of your mod.
I'd like to add it to popot.org (see info here).
juliano_did
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by juliano_did »

Norbert, alright.

I just uploaded mediafire if I need the screens tomorrow I post.
Hugs.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uf2h0ocpj ... f_Gold.rar
Last edited by Falcury on April 1st, 2018, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated download link
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

juliano_did wrote: December 12th, 2017, 9:25 pm Norbert, alright.

I just uploaded mediafire if I need the screens tomorrow I post.
Hugs.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sn41fl8ac ... 20Gold.rar

I cant even get the sword at first level, but good work doing a new mod.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Hey there, juliano_did! Thank you to bring us a new SNES mod for us to play!

Unfortunately, I don't have computer right now... But, sometimes, my little bro let me use his computer when he isn't studying. There, I'll try your mod for sure, all right. And thank you very much for your regard, man. I appreciate it!

The only way to me to know which rooms are, is with the level editor. But first, I'll beat the level and then, I'll see those rooms. (If I see them first, they'll give me hints :mrgreen: ) I like the duplicate rooms style, I used too. It's like a maze hehehe.
May the Moon light your path.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

juliano_did wrote: December 12th, 2017, 9:25 pmthe screens tomorrow I post.
That would be great, thanks.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Oh man, the memories of my The Poison of Nightmare! Pretty cool to see it again hahaha.

Lately, I have thought a lot in bring it back from the grave like an alternative version (I said that to you, once). I mean, all my mods. Make them more ''playable'', y'know? Especially, The Poison of Nightmare. The only that would have less modifications, it's Shadow's Story because that is my best mod I've did :D There are 2 or 3 things on that mod that looks like: "Hey, that isn't a dead end, it's a hint!". So, I wanted that those things to look like a dead end, but was too late to notice them, even after the 1.2 version. What a fool, hahaha.
About the other 3, I'll try make them with less corridors, less up and down rooms and stuff. Will be the same gameplay, but, more fast to beat them. But, I'm not thinking about The Dungeon of the Dead Mysteries... Maybe.
I want to do that because I still don't have a new story for a new SNES mod and now, without a computer...
You said that you're still having fun with my Shadow's Story on your FAQ. Hahaha, glad to know! :)

Anyway, I played, beat the level 1 and notice something: Your mod is like mine, a survivor mod? This and anothe featuring were the highlights of my mod. This it's why I want to bring it back. I never play another SNES mod like that, that's why I made it.
I'll keep playing your mod when the opportunity arises.
juliano_did wrote: December 12th, 2017, 7:46 pmtake a look at the rooms: 5, 9, 14, 15, 16 and 17 my preference is 16.
I'm sorry, but, are these rooms from level 1? I looked at them, but they are the same from the original game. The changes I saw was in 5 and 9. That means, I'm not a guy with more advanced knowledge indeed hahaha.

By the way, your trailer bring me more memories of my others mods and the other from the players from here. It's a SNES mod collection \m/.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Sword of Gold (Trailer & Download)

Post by Norbert »

juliano_did
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by juliano_did »

NITM-T you're right I made some references in your mod's with the idea of creating a room with level of difficulty without exit of the type that the person analyzes by Pr1sneslevEd and find the same sequence that he has already done in the game being that the exit of that room and activated by an action in one of the 23 rooms that he has already made his exit impossible. One of the cases is level 9.
juliano_did
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by juliano_did »

salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

juliano_did wrote: December 17th, 2017, 5:48 pm
Thanks Norbert follows some more screenshots below for mod knowledge.
I have checked the mod, and it has good points, but other not so good. I like what you did to improve some levels like 5, 19. But in other levels there are some weird room links and also rooms made weird with tiles that dont fit. Still good work.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

How do I open this door:

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

NITM-T wrote: March 7th, 2018, 12:10 pmHow do I open this door: [...]
That gate is in level 4, room 5 (6).
Spoiler: show
I think you need to use the raise button hidden above the four torches.
But it's hard to tell, with all the fake tiles/walls, broken room links, etc.