The kingdom of the Dead (trailer & download)

NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

The kingdom of the Dead (trailer & download)

Post by NITM-T »

My 2nd mod. This one have 19 levels modified with 120 minutes using only the blue dungeon:

Downloads (Normal Color Version):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/s46r2 ... e_Dead.smc
(Custom Color Version):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/iw49o ... lor%29.smc

History:
Those who have they hearts full of evil, when dying, go to a place called: The Kingdom of the Dead, where their souls will never peel because they live being tormented by creatures never known by man and it was there Jaffar and his allies were after been defeated by the Prince.
Five years after his death, Jaffar discovered a way to bring the Prince into the depths of the Kingdom of the Dead using a powerful magic to take revenge and imprison him forever where he would be forever defeated by him.
Now, you have two hours, but not to save the Princess, to save youself from a hellish place or you will be imprisoned forever and with this, the Princess will not endure the suffering by had lost you again and will end up killing herself.
May the Moon light your path.
kvMiller
Efendi
Efendi

Re: The kingdom of the Dead (trailer & download)

Post by kvMiller »

Hi NITM-T,

I was playing your mod for a while, and afortunately I could carry out the very first part of level 1. I mean, I could avoid the first guard and open the first three gates. Now I'm in the next room, at the right of that room where the second guard resides. Going down there's a third guard on the lower level of the room, so I've two questions for yo: ¿Is it neccesary to do that famous trick about passing throught a guard without sword, for the third guard? and there's a switch behind the second guard, just in the room of the second gate. ¿Is it neccesary to activate that switch? I hope not, because I cannot see how!

Thank you very much.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Hi there, kvMiller. Welcome to the forum and thank you very much for downloaded my mod!

Nope, you don't need to use that trick. Instead, you have the option to go to the left at same room where the third guard is.
And that switch near the second guard, you'll press it later.

Good luck!
Last edited by NITM-T on December 10th, 2017, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
kvMiller
Efendi
Efendi

Post by kvMiller »

Hi man,

Thanks for the fast reply, I'm very glad for the wellcome. I could finally use the hard trick to avoid that third guard, but there's just a life potion and two skeletons. According to your answer, I need to find a way to avoid the skeleton because I can't see another path. But let me figure out if I'm right with this afirmation. But later.

Another question, when I reached the life potion, the sound effect changed into a better melody. ¿Is that music track in the game? If not, ¿Can you tell me how did you changed that music track? I 'd be glad if you answer that.

Thank you very much.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Yup, anytime ^_^.
Actually, it's more easy to do that Trick when we came from the left room because the guard'll walk a bit to left. But like I said, you don't need to use it because will be useless like you saw. Besides the Life Potion, there is just a dead end. My mods have a lot of that hehehe. You can get the Life Potion later when you have the Sword. You can't do nothing without it, just skip and fight. Those guards are already dead, you know. But, you can find a way to defeat them. I mean, just a few of them...
kvMiller wrote: December 10th, 2017, 7:40 amAccording to your answer, I need to find a way to avoid the skeleton because I can't see another path.
Yeah, you must avoid it. Jump to left, bring it to near the hole, jump to right, then run and jump over it. It'll fall into the hole.
kvMiller wrote: December 10th, 2017, 7:40 amAnother question, when I reached the life potion, the sound effect changed into a better melody. ¿Is that music track in the game? If not, ¿Can you tell me how did you changed that music track?
I never heard that song before just playing the original game. I learned about it here when I start hack the game. Here you can find the stuff about hacking the SNES ROM: viewtopic.php?f=122&t=3099
We use a special ROM made by Kaslghnoon (0.smc) with the Level Editor made by David (Pr1SnesLevEd) to edit all levels, guards, potions, traps, sounds and more together with a HEX Editor.
In this part: Music track id's (Konami versions only). You can see this: $1A = (unused?). This is that song you heard after get the Life Potion.
With Pr1SnesLevEd last version, we can easily change those songs with (Ctrl+H) that opens a window with a lot of hack edit commands instead use any HEX Editor. You can get more details here: viewtopic.php?f=121&t=1654
Then, since is (unused) I think it's just a normal thing that happens too much on almost all games: canceled things. They always do that, heh. The Japanese version have more things that was canceled/removed from the USA version... But I think that song was removed from all versions.
I think you know that, but if you wanna see more about them: viewtopic.php?f=122&t=3698

You know, if you're getting lots of trouble in that level, you can see the video on the Walkthrough threads:
viewtopic.php?f=118&t=4073

One more thing, maybe you're getting confused with my words because I don't speak English, I use the Google translator, so sorry for that :P
And I'm amateur in this hack stuff. You can get more help on those pages that I posted. Here, I can only help you with my mods :)
kvMiller
Efendi
Efendi

Post by kvMiller »

Hi there!

I passed the level! So thank you very much for the clues and help. I could trow this boneguy into the hole, the rest was much more easy afortunately.
You know, if you're getting lots of trouble in that level, you can see the video on the Walkthrough threads:
viewtopic.php?f=118&t=4073
Oh really? man I though there wasn't any walkthrough video about it, I even wondered to upload it myself once I beated the level.. And the rest of the mod!! :lol: but... anyway, don't worry, I won't do it now.
Then, since is (unused) I think it's just a normal thing that happens too much on almost all games: canceled things. They always do that, heh. The Japanese version have more things that was canceled/removed from the USA version... But I think that song was removed from all versions.
I think you know that, but if you wanna see more about them: viewtopic.php?f=122&t=3698
Ok it's a track IN the game, not a track you created and added it. I've asked myself if it's possible to do that last thing I mentioned, so let me investigate it from now.
One more thing, maybe you're getting confused with my words because I don't speak English, I use the Google translator, so sorry for that :P
And I'm amateur in this hack stuff. You can get more help on those pages that I posted. Here, I can only help you with my mods :)
Nope, I can understand you perfectly so don't worry. I neither speak English as my lenguaje, but I learned it years ago. I even though traslating all my messages into portugese for you, but it would not be readable for other people in this forum.

Thanks and grettings from Colombia.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Yo!
Congrants, man! Keep going to escape from that hellish place to go back to your Princess.
kvMiller wrote: December 11th, 2017, 4:05 amOh really? man I though there wasn't any walkthrough video about it, I even wondered to upload it myself once I beated the level.. And the rest of the mod!! :lol: but... anyway, don't worry, I won't do it now.
Hahaha, yeah. But hey, it's all right if you wanna make your own Walkthrough about my mod, y'know? To see videos about my mods made by others players, would be awesome! This mod is the only one that I made a complete Walkthrough. Was a friend request from here.
kvMiller wrote: December 11th, 2017, 4:05 amOk it's a track IN the game, not a track you created and added it. I've asked myself if it's possible to do that last thing I mentioned, so let me investigate it from now.
Yes, but is not used. And yeah, you can do that. I mean, I don't know how to make new songs and a good program for this. I wanted to be able to make them. I played a few Super Metroid mods that have new songs besides the new gameplay, it's pretty cool!
kvMiller wrote: December 11th, 2017, 4:05 amNope, I can understand you perfectly so don't worry. I neither speak English as my lenguaje, but I learned it years ago. I even though traslating all my messages into portugese for you, but it would not be readable for other people in this forum.
That's a relief. I'm always thinking that people don't like when I try to type in English, crushing they language and such...
Nice to know that you learned it! I try, but I'm not good at all, heh. And don't worry with this, I can understand a lot of English just reading, I use the translator more to type. After years reading games' stories, watching movies in English and with English subtitles, I learned much more :cool:
kvMiller wrote: December 11th, 2017, 4:05 amThanks and grettings from Colombia.
You're welcome, buddy! You have my thanks for play my mod and to want to make videos about it. My greetings from Brazil!
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

kvMiller wrote: December 11th, 2017, 4:05 am Hi there!

Thanks and grettings from Colombia.
Viva Colombia. Good to find a patriot here.
NITM-T wrote: December 11th, 2017, 8:34 am Yo!
Congrants, man! Keep going to escape from that hellish place to go back to your Princess.
The mod should be renamed to "The kingdom of the dead Undead"
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

salvadorc17 wrote: December 11th, 2017, 10:36 pmThe mod should be renamed to "The kingdom of the dead Undead"
Actually, that was the ideia: Realm of Undead. But since I can kill undead creatures in others games, I chose: Dead. But why, then? Because in that mod, we cannot kill them, just skip, fight to skip or to try to fool them, y'know. Something like this :P

Unfortunately, there is a game glitch that I chose not made it as a thing we should do it to complete that mod, but, I made for Shadow's Story. I mean, I think we can use yet, but is not that cool as supposed to be...
kvMiller
Efendi
Efendi

Post by kvMiller »

NITM-T wrote: December 11th, 2017, 8:34 am Hahaha, yeah. But hey, it's all right if you wanna make your own Walkthrough about my mod, y'know? To see videos about my mods made by others players, would be awesome! This mod is the only one that I made a complete Walkthrough. Was a friend request from here.
Ok I'll record from now the first level to post it here, whose solution differs from your walkthorugh just in the first part (that race for opening doors, I think it's the hardest part of the level). Meanwhile I'll try to complete the next level as far as I can, until getting stuck.
NITM-T wrote: December 11th, 2017, 8:34 am I don't know how to make new songs and a good program for this. I wanted to be able to make them.
Are you talking about composing a song instead of adding it to the game? I'm worry for adding a new sound into the game... I think it's necessary using reverse engineering or hex editing, or something like that because as far as I know (I could be mistaken) the Pr1nSnesLevEd can't do that. Or, if you know how to do it, you could teach us! It 'd be great.
salvadorc17 wrote: December 11th, 2017, 10:36 pm Viva Colombia. Good to find a patriot here.
That's great to find latin people. Also it's great to realize that the community isn't as "dead" as I though at first (I say it because all videos and most of mods were released years ago). I've seen many modding communities for many games which are so active, but I never whould imagine to find a modding community of my favorite game!.. That's awesome.

So I'm too greatful for the guidance you've given to me, I want to start getting capacitation for modding now. Thank you all.
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

kvMiller wrote: December 12th, 2017, 6:30 pm
So I'm too greatful for the guidance you've given to me, I want to start getting capacitation for modding now. Thank you all.
This mod is hard, maybe you should start with some easier like mine Battle Royale.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

kvMiller wrote: December 12th, 2017, 6:30 pmOk I'll record from now the first level to post it here, whose solution differs from your walkthorugh just in the first part (that race for opening doors, I think it's the hardest part of the level). Meanwhile I'll try to complete the next level as far as I can, until getting stuck.
All right, then! I'm looking forward, buddy. And if you get stuck again, I can help you with hints. I mean, you can watch the videos, but it's better when we try for ourselves to learn more about Tricks and get a good time playing the mods. I got lost so many times when I started play those mods made by the people here hahaha. That was cool!
One more thing, to use your own solutions to beat the levels, is the spirit. I always say: ''All commands are random, you always can do better''. Of course I don't use true skills on my videos, I want to see people make them, to see how they do to beat my mods hehehe. But, in the first level, I opened the first door like a pro. That was stupid of me hahaha :lol:
kvMiller wrote: December 12th, 2017, 6:30 pmAre you talking about composing a song instead of adding it to the game? I'm worry for adding a new sound into the game... I think it's necessary using reverse engineering or hex editing, or something like that because as far as I know (I could be mistaken) the Pr1nSnesLevEd can't do that. Or, if you know how to do it, you could teach us! It 'd be great.
Yes. I mean, both composing and adding it to the game. To Create our own songs and to play with them on the game. But like I said, I don't know how to do this :) People here must know. And yeah, the level editor don't do this. We only can change the songs.
kvMiller wrote: December 12th, 2017, 6:30 pmSo I'm too greatful for the guidance you've given to me, I want to start getting capacitation for modding now. Thank you all.
Thanks, too! I hope I can play your mods in the future.
kvMiller
Efendi
Efendi

Post by kvMiller »

Hi there,

After too many days busy, I finally recorded my gameplay of level 1, you can watch it here: https://youtu.be/94HMukcOiBQ .

Also, I'll still playing it, I recently started with level 2, trying to figure out what to do with each trick.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Nice video, man! That jump at 0:48 was awesome! You're doing well with the tricks. Keep going and thanks to make videos about my mod.

Level 2 are not that hard, but people get some problems with the skull at first sight.

Good luck, bro!
kvMiller
Efendi
Efendi

Post by kvMiller »

Hello, Thanks once again for watching and the congrats. I just beated the second level and efectively it was a little bit easier than the last one. At first, I could deal with the skeleton just jumping with no momentum at the edge, but he falled to the right hole, ruining the rest of the level. So I had to watch that part on your walkthrough just to realize there's an specific jump made at an specific distance which I don't know.

I also had difficulties crossing the abbys with two looses in between, I tried two standing jumps, the second one over the loose without falling, but it failed. After many maany tries I realized the prince must be in an specific position of the tile, reached with two upward leaps.

And finally, the rest of the level was beated trying and trying again, until getting the concept. Give me a little bit of patience, as soon as I got the time, I will record it.

Now I'm in third level, this time stuck in a three doors puzzle, where a sleeping guard resides. I tried running as fast as I can to reach the right door opened, but I think it's not possible. There must be another way, I can't get it