Time Only Knows (trailer & download)

NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Time Only Knows (trailer & download)

Post by NITM-T »

This is my first "playable" mod because there were two before: The Poison of Nightmare and The Dungeon of Dead Mysteries. They were too much hard, no funny and stuff. I wanted to do a good mod, but I messed up.
This mod have 20 levels modified with 45 minutes:

This trailer was made after I learn how to change the color pallete from spartacus735's tutorial:

Downloads (Normal Color Version):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/eb8wu ... _Knows.smc
(Custom Color Version):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/o1h76 ... lor%29.smc

Story:
Everyone was enjoying the prosperity in Persia, good harvest, low rate of robberies, people building their homes and children making everyone happy.
The novelty in the Kingdom was the marriage of the Prince and the Princess, Sultan's daughter, who was approaching. A couple who brought happiness to everyone always following the king's footsteps.
Sultan, a generous man who shared his wealth and sheltered the poorest in his castle making him a more respected man of the Kingdom, but one day, a stranger appeared in the palace and in a few words said: "You are no longer the king, nothing that you have done existed, all are ruins and now, I am the god of that place. MY NAME IS JAFFAR!" So, he threw a kind of Sand known as the Sands of Time, which spread throughout the castle making the whole reality change completely. With this, being now the king, he imprisoned the Prince and wanted to take the Princess' heart by force, but she resisted, so he used his magic to make the Princess life be destined by the Sand of Time.
Now, you only have 45 minutes to save her, the Sultan and all Kingdom of Persia. Will you succeed? Do you think you can fool time? Time Only Knows.
May the Moon light your path.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Re: Time Only Knows (trailer & download)

Post by NITM-T »

Alt version:

A few rooms were remade and/or deleted for some levels. The color also were remade for a few of them.
There're less obstacles for a few rooms or were swapped by other. Less corridors and up and down floors.
You can get one more Life Potion.
Mazes now has hints.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qfdugxc0y ... Alt%29.smc
qq2807893292
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by qq2807893292 »

Hi :) :lol: , my friend. I'm from YouTube. I should be the first reviewer of this mod on the forum. This mod has been posted more than three times on the forum. So far, there is no comment from others. This mod is very good. But it seems that there are not many people to play with. Seriously, after defeating you for 5 mods, there is nothing to talk about, You can talk about a lot of topics before you beat me. You can't think of one topic after the defeat. Hahaha, I want to watch the five mod defeating full level videos you recorded. Anyway, I've defeated all of them. Have a look at it. Would you like to send it to me? The kingdom of the dead has already been watched. There is no need to send this one. Anyway, the golden sword can't pass. Watch the video you recorded to kill the time. Anyway, there is nothing to do today :) :lol: :lol:
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Hey, there, friend! Thanks for your review! hahaha.

When I finally joined this forum, I've finished The Two Princesses, but the people here already knew about this one and The Kingdom of the Dead. So, 3 reasons, here. This one I just said and the fact that no active players from here has beaten my mods. So, no reasons to talk about something they don't play. Maybe they tried, but my mods are too hard. Just to you to know, those downloads links are all broken. After the alt versions, I kept editing a few more things, so only in the alt versions video, people will find the most recent files. Still, no one has asked here 'cause they know will be waste of time to play something too hard and no entertainment at all for them like the original one or those mods which, doesn't force us to use lots of tricks or its variations. And the 3rd reason, they like to play DOS version more, I believe. There're several of them!

Your friend beated my Shadow's Story after 3 months. What are those mods, anyway? RPGs? hahaha. They're about patience, knowledge about tricks, mainly, those exclusives for SNES only, which, they don't have videos on popot site. And even if they go to look them in my channel, that won't help alone. You really need to understand each room in those mods and I like to use varitions of the tricks we've videos, so more headache for you guys, hahaha.

My PC can no longer handle big videos and I don't want to make one by one, again. Sorry, but that will take some time to happen.
Since 엠프티요어마인드 is doing videos for TTP, you can ask him/her to play the others. Or you'd make them by yourself like that one you did for TOK.
qq2807893292
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by qq2807893292 »

SNES mod too few people to play. The popularity is very small. I know few people have played SNES version. Contact more is generally dos.nes There are too many MODS in DOS. I don't know what's fun. I don't know what's wrong. DOS can play different tricks and techniques, This should be the reason why they like to play. In addition, the popularity of this version is also very much. Your mod is really too difficult. It is very difficult for people who are not proficient and do not know the skills. It takes a lot of time and brain cells, It also depends on the degree of patience. People with poor patience can't play for long. I can beat you 5 mods. It depends on patience, time, brain cells. The next mod is simple. It's best for beginners to play. It takes not a lot of time to beat your five mods. Basically, it takes half a month to beat the shadow. My friend said that we are intermittent for three months Play. Not always play your mod. If you get stuck, play other mods. You can play it intermittently for three months. If you play this mod according to the time spent, it takes less than half a month. Even less than a week. Shadow mod plays faster than me. When he reaches level 19, I'm still at level 5. I'm about to beat this mod. He won't die if he meets it After that, he didn't know how to play with it. He didn't know how to kill the skeleton with his skills. This place was a card for more than a month. He didn't beat the mod until I defeated the place. I didn't study the skill myself. I learned it after watching the original TAS video. I played your shadow mod before using this one. Ha ha ha. If I haven't seen the TAS video, maybe I am still stuck in this place with him! Ha ha! There are not many active players on the forum, snes.mod The area is just a few common players. But not all of them are very active dos.mod There are a lot of areas. Too difficult mod is not entertaining. It's very simple. I think the mod with medium difficulty can be entertained. It's not simple, it's not difficult. The medium level is OK! I've watched all your skills videos. Only a few of them are commonly used. It doesn't matter, You seem to have recorded the defeat video on youtube, but it's not open to the players. He hasn't finished recording the two princesses. I don't know if the other four mods would like to record it or not. I also want to record it. It's just that I play too bad. I often read files and archive them, I don't have a computer at home. I can't use the simulator recording function to record and solve these problems! In fact, I really want to play the NES version of mod. Only too few people do it. I can't find the mod that can be played
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Everyone have they own opinions/tastes about things. You tell me yours, I tell you mine and we shake hands. Discuss about that is just waste of time. Still, I shared my mods here 'cause thanks to these guys, I was able to make them in exchange for nothing. I can't thank them enough for their work.

Time depends of each one's life. Some people may take weeks, months to finish a mod, I may take a few days. But, I don't like rush things. Everything in their time. So, I hope people take their time to make their projects the way they really want ;)

There're TAS videos about mods? Never saw!

Well, that's complicated. Maybe, 엠프티요어마인드 make videos for the other mods, later. Let us wait. As you said, depends on time.
qq2807893292
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by qq2807893292 »

NITM-T wrote: August 1st, 2020, 5:23 pm Everyone have they own opinions/tastes about things. You tell me yours, I tell you mine and we shake hands. Discuss about that is just waste of time. Still, I shared my mods here 'cause thanks to these guys, I was able to make them in exchange for nothing. I can't thank them enough for their work.

Time depends of each one's life. Some people may take weeks, months to finish a mod, I may take a few days. But, I don't like rush things. Everything in their time. So, I hope people take their time to make their projects the way they really want ;)

There're TAS videos about mods? Never saw!

Well, that's complicated. Maybe, 엠프티요어마인드 make videos for the other mods, later. Let us wait. As you said, depends on time.
Yes, everyone has a different opinion. Let's not talk about this. TAS video level 19 finally played boss to demonstrate the use of this technique. You can go and have a look!
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

But, where? Can you send the link or tell me where to find it?
qq2807893292
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by qq2807893292 »

NITM-T wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 6:12 am But, where? Can you send the link or tell me where to find it?
Yes. This is the video link https://youtu.be/MOmrwNRn5mY From 32:03 to 32:16 :lol: :lol:
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Oh, sorry, I got all wrong. I thought some one had made TAS videos about our mods. That's the original game TAS speedrun. That trick is default for the game. We use it to save time against those bosses. In my mod, players must use for one of them.
They did that video after the "Select Trick" was found. We can save a few frames in the cutscenes.

Back in my speedrun, I didn't know that trick, either. Even so, I didn't have the will to do, again. You'd find it in my channel or in the speedrun site to learn it: https://www.speedrun.com/pop1_snes

Since is the same room, I thought players would use it without thinking in my mod to save time, as well. That's the reason I left that room, to use that trick :D
Still, that trick isn't known for everyone, huh? Well, it was worthy to make it necessary in my mod, hahaha.
qq2807893292
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by qq2807893292 »

NITM-T wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 9:48 am Oh, sorry, I got all wrong. I thought some one had made TAS videos about our mods. That's the original game TAS speedrun. That trick is default for the game. We use it to save time against those bosses. In my mod, players must use for one of them.
They did that video after the "Select Trick" was found. We can save a few frames in the cutscenes.

Back in my speedrun, I didn't know that trick, either. Even so, I didn't have the will to do, again. You'd find it in my channel or in the speedrun site to learn it: https://www.speedrun.com/pop1_snes

Since is the same room, I thought players would use it without thinking in my mod to save time, as well. That's the reason I left that room, to use that trick :D
Still, that trick isn't known for everyone, huh? Well, it was worthy to make it necessary in my mod, hahaha.
It doesn't matter. It's all about translation software. I have discussed with you for a long time. There are many meanings that have been translated wrong. You sent me a lot of wrong translations. I translated the English. I used the translated English. I translated the language of my country. It is much different from what I originally said. The English sent to you is much different from what I want to say. The translation software has nothing to use There are translation software. The meaning of the translation is different. It's much worse than what I said before. I can't find a high-precision translation software! Yes, few people know this skill. Too many people watch the TAS video, and few people know this skill!
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

That's why I prefer to type English only in my channel to not crush it around. So, sorry for the wrong lines...
I use Google translator. Or course, our lines here, only a few times, will match with English and vice-versa. So, I get my idea from video games and movies to try to type, at least, like them.
The fact I joined this forum was to share my mods, get more mods and to learn more about "simple" hack stuff. So, my participation here's pretty low. I chat here when I really know something to share and if someone ask something about my mods. Other than that, is to give some review about a mod I've beaten.

That said, would be better to talk next time in my channel. If you've Discord for real time chat, you may send it there or here. But, let me tell ya that, I type English slowly. I only know how to read some lines.