New Mod "Sunshine Remix"

elveskz
Sheikh
Sheikh

New Mod "Sunshine Remix"

Post by elveskz »

I've always been a fan of this classic, and so I decided to create my own mod.
The mod does not have very strong changes, all colors have been modified, including the demo level and the nineteen level have different colors. I decided to use the Japanese version because the torture chamber is very important in this mod. Each of the levels have been altered very carefully in keeping with the original characteristics of each. It has a moderate challenge. The guards were trained to make the battles more interesting. The time to complete the game is 60 Minutes. The mod starts with 2 pots of life and you collect 4 others during the game, the most secret and most important of them is level 1, careful not to leave it behind. That's all, I hope you like it. Any bug let me know that I will make the corrections !!
Credits to my friends David and Maiquel.

Download Link: Updated V.5.3 (Challenge takes the first Potion at level 1)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1c1zqxvwg ... lveskz.rar

Trailer:
Last edited by elveskz on January 14th, 2017, 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: New Mod "Sunshine Remix"

Post by Norbert »

I tried level 1. It's interesting. Nice location for the sword.
I was able to obtain the life potion and finish the level.
Spoiler: show
I may have skipped a section, though.
It's possible to use dead guards as dead weight on buttons, e.g. to keep gates open.
If this is not your intended solution, you could add, for example, a crusher between the guard and button.
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

The mod seems interesting, the firts dungeon colors are pretty, in level 1 cant find the button to open the door to get to the sword room, youre using some extra hacking for door switchs? Also which are the japanese version differences, apart of the torture room..
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

salvadorc17 wrote:Also which are the japanese version differences, apart of the torture room..
See this document.
elveskz
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by elveskz »

salvadorc17 wrote:The mod seems interesting, the firts dungeon colors are pretty, in level 1 cant find the button to open the door to get to the sword room, youre using some extra hacking for door switchs? Also which are the japanese version differences, apart of the torture room..

Thanks For play. There is a floor that opens the door next to a potion of poisoning.
elveskz
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by elveskz »

Norbert wrote:
salvadorc17 wrote:Also which are the japanese version differences, apart of the torture room..
See this document.
Very important these document, for future projects. Thank you!! I just knew these: Some religious symbols at level 19 have also been removed. The password section has different symbols with + and !

Last edited by elveskz on January 14th, 2017, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elveskz
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by elveskz »

Norbert wrote:I tried level 1. It's interesting. Nice location for the sword.
I was able to obtain the life potion and finish the level.
Spoiler: show
I may have skipped a section, though.
It's possible to use dead guards as dead weight on buttons, e.g. to keep gates open.
If this is not your intended solution, you could add, for example, a crusher between the guard and button.
The Level 1 was updated, and the challenge of potion 1 also, I thought the previous version was very easy. Try this new version 5.3
elveskz
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by elveskz »

New Update revealing the secret door that leads to the special room to get the First potion on level 1: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5y6gs8r8f ... lveskz.rar
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

elveskz wrote:New Update revealing the secret door that leads to the special room to get the First potion on level 1: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5y6gs8r8f ... lveskz.rar
Why so many fixes on that level, also you need to check in some cases, there are broken links to unused vanilla rooms. Will be better to clean those.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

salvadorc17 wrote:[...], there are broken links to unused vanilla rooms. Will be better to clean those.
This is why I suggested to David this (post at the bottom), it could help modders notice broken links.
elveskz
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by elveskz »

salvadorc17 wrote:
elveskz wrote:New Update revealing the secret door that leads to the special room to get the First potion on level 1: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5y6gs8r8f ... lveskz.rar
Why so many fixes on that level, also you need to check in some cases, there are broken links to unused vanilla rooms. Will be better to clean those.
This is my favorite Level, so I want it to be very well crafted, with no mistakes! It was practically impossible to get the first potion without seeing the secret door closing, I made the correction, I'm also adjusting the total time, based on my best time. I finished the Mod with 4 min. remaining, so I'm making some fixes to adjust the time.
I want to know how to clean the unused rooms and also how to remove the life marker of a guard, like the immortal skeletons, I'm also having problems in the first color of the Background the color that is on the edges of the screen, when Prince suffers a damage It returns to black, I did not find where the palette is that changes that color.
I would also like to know how to change the life of Prince's shadow, it starts with 3 lives, and as in that Prince mod starts with two, I would like to make the correction as well.
Thank you all for the tips.
elveskz
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by elveskz »

Final Version 6.2 update 02-02-2017
Version Sunshine Color: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6720s1lw5 ... lveskz.rar
Version Original Colors: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1xq0yazbf ... Colors.rar
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

elveskz wrote:Final Version 6.2 update 02-02-2017
Version Sunshine Color: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6720s1lw5 ... lveskz.rar
Version Original Colors: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1xq0yazbf ... Colors.rar
Original colors version is also good, i think only whats still left are some missing room links to unchaged ones in level 2,3 and maybe others.
elveskz
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by elveskz »

Ultimate and final version 6.4 with bug fixes and new challenges adjusted, thanks to all who helped me. It is very worth to finish this mod, it has very elaborate challenges, it took me a lot of time, days, weeks to finish, and I was very happy with the result. Thank you all!!

Link to version 6.4 final

Http://www.mediafire.com/file/xd2wotw4f ... al_6.4.rar
elveskz
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by elveskz »

This is the Speedrun for this version, enjoy the show: