RELEASED: New SNES mod by ecco

ecco
Sheikh
Sheikh

RELEASED: New SNES mod by ecco

Post by ecco »

Hello,

Finally, it is ready!

Sorry for the long wait, but I hope it will have been worth it. File attached to this message.

Supposedly I should fill the following in:

New slabs/Walls : Yes
New levelset : Yes
Guard modification : No
Hexa Hack : No
Color : No
Story : No

There are more screenshots in this old thread:
viewtopic.php?f=116&t=3109

I'm not sure what new slabs/walls refers to- layout, hex, graphics?
This mod is a new level set, that's it.

But it was a long time coming because I am fussy when it comes to making levels. And I put a lot of thought into intelligent and interesting level design, while trying to keep to the original visual and gamepley style.

Regrettably however, the shadow's role in the game was kind of an afterthought, so the relevant screens could have been more interesting otherwise. I only added them in recently after it was all finished.

Levels start easier (more 'boring'), and get harder typically, though it may generally be a bit scrambled in places. About 1/4 of them I made 3 years ago. If you're not inspired by earlier levels, keep playing or use a password to jump to another.

There is more to my levels than just reaching the exit. Because of this, sometimes levels may a bit shorter than you might expect otherwise. Many levels have extra areas, either alternative routes or 'hidden areas'.Eg, can you find this room?
level.jpg
Finding life potions can also take on a big role. Most levels have one, some have two, some have two but you can only get one or the other, not both. If you've completed all the levels, try and find all the potions even if you don't need them.

There is not nearly as much time to spare on the clock, but it can still be done in the two hours.

Training: Try them out. They are all new too, and each is like a normal level but split into three stages. Except Training 5. Due to compression issues (levels too big resource wise) this level was canned.

That's it.

I won't be doing any more of these, but I might still be able to answer any questions anyone has over them.

Thanks again to David for helping me iron out the bugs, and of course for making the editor in the first place : )

If you think you have found any bugs, please let me know here (there are some background graphics oddities. I tried fixing them but any extra change I make at this point, no matter how small, seems to push the compression over the limit and stops the file from working.

If you're going to copy/ host elsewhere, please point back here to the original source and credit me- thank you.

Hope you enjoy it! :)
Attachments
level_11_01.jpg
level_01_04.jpg
ecco_prince_snes.rar
(579.61 KiB) Downloaded 452 times
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Re: RELEASED: New SNES mod by ecco

Post by salvadorc17 »

Good work ecco, i have played firts 3 levels and they are like laberinths, hope the next levels will see some hardly difficult stuff...
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

Hi Ecco! Glad to finally see your SNES Mod!

I finished your first mod (just level 15 that I failed because I believe that there is a bug?) And I find it quite nice!

In your mod I saw that you had sought to innovate decorations such as some background to which you gave the impression that it was more to the outside has inside. Moreover, the challenge is nice, there are too hard too easy (your mod made ​​me recall that of Robert) even if we notice some graphical errors that your mod is clean and largely higher than some.

I hope you will do other mods!

(Translated with google translation ...)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
ecco
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by ecco »

Hi, There is no bug that I know of on level 15. Can you describe it?

I played it though a few times doing the routes to the switches in different ways and never had a problem.
GabrielJohn
Efendi
Efendi

Post by GabrielJohn »

It seems you changed the Password System. I tried inputing a Password I found to get to Level 20 (H477ST7) and it wouldn't work.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

GabrielJohn wrote:It seems you changed the Password System. I tried inputing a Password I found to get to Level 20 (H477ST7) and it wouldn't work.
This is because ecco's mod uses the Japanese version.
If you use David's SNES Password Analyser, hosted at popot.org, select Japan, paste your code and press the decode button, you will get an "Invalid character in password: 7" error.
This is because you're using a USA/Europe password.

What you want is FZUUXIU.
You can generate this yourself by decoding your USA/Europe password, then selecting Japan, and then using the generate button.
robert
Sultan
Sultan

Post by robert »

Hi ecco, first of all, I like your mod a lot! Before I give my complete opinion, I would like to say that I'm stuck at level 15. When I cross the invisible floor bridge, there's a wall at the left that doesn't let me finnish the level. I don't know if it is intended to be like that, maybe the exit is in another place, which I don't think so because there's only one big door (the beginning door). I believe that is the bug that Spartacus was talking about.
This will be my face if you can't win any of my mods
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

I realized only now that I did not download the mod from the first post.
But this does not mean that I did not play it:
While ecco was testing the levels, he sent me his work in progress.
(In the first post: "Thanks again to David for helping me iron out the bugs")
I reached level 13 in that version, but I don't remember much...
robert
Sultan
Sultan

Post by robert »

I know it's not correct to do this, but since I got no response by the author, I edited by myself that part in level 15, by changing the last tile from second row in room 20, to a floor. After doing this, I could finnish the mod. I really enjoyed everything. Because I'm still learning english, I can't find the words to explain my whole opinion, but I'll try:
The background, the hidden parts, the black parts as if they were no lights, balconies in tower and palace levels, the big castle in level 19 ... What I'm trying to say is that I liked how the levels were constructed. LPs were between easy and medium, I could get most of them. It was nice to see different skilled guards in earlier levels.

These are my times (obviating that I lose a lot of time in 15th level):

Only 40 seconds left, and I found that room you showed above, that is the exit I used for that level!
This will be my face if you can't win any of my mods
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

(image mirror)

The right room link goes to 249 here.
There's no real need to change this, because people can't go there anyway, neither in-game nor in Pr1SnesLevEd.
I noticed this while testing mods with apoplexy.
hexy
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by hexy »

Hi all,

Just wanted to thank Ecco for this superb mod, I've really enjoyed playing it. I'm guessing by the age of the thread that level 15 is indeed bugged? (I couldn't complete it either), so I've generated a password for level 16 and will continue this evening.

If anyone has recommendations for the next mod to try after this, I'd be grateful - my preferred style of play is to avoid savestates for the most part, so nothing that requires tool-assisted reflexes :D

Cheers,

HeXy
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Someone could contact ecco and ask him to look into it.
Either use this forum's compose message functionality or use his website's contact form.
hexy
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by hexy »

Thank you Norbert, I will try and get in touch :) Now stuck on level 17, but I see that Robert has done that one, so I just need to keep at it!

HeXy