SNES Mod: Iso's Mod (Training Levels)

Iso
Sheikh
Sheikh

SNES Mod: Iso's Mod (Training Levels)

Post by Iso »

A five level mod that uses the training levels. It's intended to be very hard, let me know what you think.
http://www.mediafire.com/?bc4shs7ki15m18x

Screenshots
http://imgur.com/a/hlMxD#0

Videos
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... e=view_all

Thanks again to David for making the level editor!
Last edited by Iso on December 6th, 2012, 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: SNES Mod: Iso's Mod (Training Levels)

Post by Norbert »

The start of the first (training) level reminds me of yaqxsw's levels...
...just getting started and already stuck between two gates. :lol:
genter190
Efendi
Efendi

Post by genter190 »

I I went to swing pass workout prince.theme super palette changed.Make another modification of Prince of Persia.
Iso
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Iso »

Norbert wrote:The start of the first (training) level reminds me of yaqxsw's levels...
I avoided playing other mods so they wouldn't subconsciously influence my own, guess that didn't work :roll:

I'm working on a second mod, hopefully with some actual difficulty progression, so if anyone manages to beat this let me know so I can gauge the difficulty.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Iso wrote:
Norbert wrote:The start of the first (training) level reminds me of yaqxsw's levels...
I avoided playing other mods so they wouldn't subconsciously influence my own, guess that didn't work :roll:
Well, your mod only reminded me of his work because of its high difficulty.
I didn't see the particular challenge of yours that I mentioned in any mod before; don't worry about it.
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

My level had a lot focus tricks, that you don`t know :)
Who pass my level, so he is PoP master!
Iso
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Iso »

Adding playthroughs to my youtube, link in the first post (just the first level so far).

Anybody manage to make some progress in this mod?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Iso wrote:Adding playthroughs to my youtube, link in the first post (just the first level so far).

Anybody manage to make some progress in this mod?
I checked your playthrough of the first level. What can I say, it's an extremely difficult level, with plenty of tricks. A quite cleverly designed level, with some unique events and routes, nice work in that department. So, basically, IMO, the video you created is a must watch while the level itself is probably far too frustrating for most people to be any fun playing it. :) For me, lots of mods seem to fall in either the 'too easy' or the 'too hard' category. I try to avoid the easy ones (quickly play through them using a level editor), I like watching the walkthroughs of the hard ones on YouTube, and have fun playing the 'just right' ones. I'm working on a mod myself and I'm trying to make it 'just right', but I'm not succeeding for all levels. One of the reasons I'll also record playthroughs. They don't get as many views as videos by Justin Bieber, but a small group of people enjoys them. So, did you use save states for your walkthrough? Surely you did? How many times did you have to restart from a save point?
Iso
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Iso »

Norbert wrote:I checked your playthrough of the first level. What can I say, it's an extremely difficult level, with plenty of tricks. A quite cleverly designed level, with some unique events and routes, nice work in that department. So, basically, IMO, the video you created is a must watch while the level itself is probably far too frustrating for most people to be any fun playing it. :) For me, lots of mods seem to fall in either the 'too easy' or the 'too hard' category. I try to avoid the easy ones (quickly play through them using a level editor), I like watching the walkthroughs of the hard ones on YouTube, and have fun playing the 'just right' ones. I'm working on a mod myself and I'm trying to make it 'just right', but I'm not succeeding for all levels. One of the reasons I'll also record playthroughs. They don't get as many views as videos by Justin Bieber, but a small group of people enjoys them. So, did you use save states for your walkthrough? Surely you did? How many times did you have to restart from a save point?
That playthrough was actually done without save states, but it did take a few tries and the later levels won't be doable like that.

Thanks a bunch for the feedback, hoping my next mod will be more realistic.
Iso
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Iso »

Finished uploading videos, that was a chore.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Iso wrote:Finished uploading videos, that was a chore.
These levels are so extremely difficult. :lol:
Level 5 could be the most difficult PoP level ever, but they are all 5/5 difficulty.

Which level was the most difficult to create the playthrough for?
Iso
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Iso »

Norbert wrote:Which level was the most difficult to create the playthrough for?
The Jaffar fight was a pain. I play-test the levels a ton as I make them so they weren't hard to replay but that Jaffar fight never seems to get any easier.
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

I just finished the training 3 it's very hard :twisted:
But i like that :p
Good job

I too hastily that the mod "madness" is coming!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
robert
Sultan
Sultan

Post by robert »

Some time ago I tested the mod, I remember I couldn't even pass the first level no matter how many times I tried. This is because I'm no expert. So I can't give a constructive opinion, sorry. However, I liked the colours used for the scenery and guards.
This will be my face if you can't win any of my mods