New snes levels under construction

ecco
Sheikh
Sheikh

New snes levels under construction

Post by ecco »

Hi.
After recently coming across David's excellent snes editor, the first time in ages I've visited this place, I decided to take advantage of a little time off work and start making some levels. Probably the one and only set I'm likely to make, as it takes a while and I don't have much time anymore.

When I've done at least half the levels I may upload a one-level preview or something to keep you going, or whoever may be interested in it. It'll be a while though as I've only done a few so far and they take various hours for me to design, implement and test, and I'm back to work soon.
Once complete feel free to use and include in whatever packs there are out there, just stick them with my older original pop1 level sets (including the snes layout set and the 'mirror' set. Thanks

In the mean time here's a picture:
Attachments
01.jpg
starwindz
Sultan
Sultan

Re: New snes levels under construction

Post by starwindz »

ecco wrote:Hi.
After recently coming across David's excellent snes editor, the first time in ages I've visited this place, I decided to take advantage of a little time off work and start making some levels. Probably the one and only set I'm likely to make, as it takes a while and I don't have much time anymore.

When I've done at least half the levels I may upload a one-level preview or something to keep you going, or whoever may be interested in it. It'll be a while though as I've only done a few so far and they take various hours for me to design, implement and test, and I'm back to work soon.
Once complete feel free to use and include in whatever packs there are out there, just stick them with my older original pop1 level sets (including the snes layout set and the 'mirror' set. Thanks

In the mean time here's a picture:
Great job! BTW, are you the creator of the snes level mod and mirror mod for pop1?
ecco
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by ecco »

Hi starwindz, yep, I am :)
Roomshaker's Mirror Room command had a good run there.
ecco
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by ecco »

Finally I've had some time away and was able to work some more on this. I want to upload a few levels this weekend or next to keep you occupied, while I finish the rest. I have about one third to go. It's only taken me 2½ years since I started so at this rate, maybe by summer 2015 they might be finshed.

Where should I upload files to? This same thread?
level_03_01.jpg
level_03_01.jpg (38.99 KiB) Viewed 8291 times
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

ecco wrote:Where should I upload files to? This same thread?
Sure.
Or wait until it's finished, whichever you prefer.
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

ecco wrote:Where should I upload files to? This same thread?
You can upload your mod like this topic : viewtopic.php?f=116&t=3409 ( "new levels and mods for SNES" )

exemple : Snes mod: "name of mod"
and write the modifications of the mod :
New slabs/Walls : Yes
New levelset : Yes
Guard modification : Yes
Hexa Hack : Yes ( ending )
Color : Yes
Story : No
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Will be interesting if you use custom palletes for your mod, also good luck for your levels...
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

salvadorc17 wrote:Will be interesting if you use custom palletes for your mod, also good luck for your levels...
Yes I agree.

Salvador do you want some example of custom palletes ? I can help you if you want.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Thanks men, but i have a mod that show it precisely:

The Dark Castle

viewtopic.php?f=116&t=3087
ecco
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by ecco »

Nice idea salvador but I haven't and won't be making custom palletes or graphics for the snes version. I did that with the PC version years ago, and even with that limited palette, it took a really long time.
My levels are merely 'another set of levels', allbeit in the style I like.

I'm nearly done. Two levels left to design, but still need to test through them all, make sure links work etc. I've made a bigger push than I expected these last two weeks, so I'm going to wait until they're all done.

I'll add another couple of screenshots a bit later.
ecco
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by ecco »

level_03_02.jpg
level_03_02.jpg (48.43 KiB) Viewed 8221 times
level_10.jpg
level_18_01.jpg
level_18_01.jpg (58.9 KiB) Viewed 8221 times
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

No problem, your set or levels looks interesting, cant wait for a release to check gameplay...
ecco
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by ecco »

All levels finally designed and implemented and gameplay/ links etc working :)
Only thing remaining is to do some tidy up, namely half of the levels still need the bricks and backgrounds to be tiling properly.
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Cant wait for see a release of your mod, expect that it will have good gameplay...
ecco
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by ecco »

I'm 90% sure I will be able to release the levels next weekend.

Was never happy with level 1 so redesigned that last night. Playing through the full set now, and keep finding small errors and other tweaks to make. Done half of them but I have to stop for today. Also to check it can be done in the time limit, but so far ok. It's looking to be a lot tighter than the original though.
Attachments
level_04_01.jpg