New snes levels under construction

ecco
Sheikh
Sheikh

Re: New snes levels under construction

Post by ecco »

All levels are working and playing correctly, but due to various strange bugs which I don't understand, the intro and ending don't work. If David, the excellent author of this excellent editor, can somehow fix that, then that will be great. If not, then I will have to release it but just without the intro and ending. Shame, but won't be the end of the world. : )
Attachments
level_08_01.jpg
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

What changes do you made to the intro and ending???
ecco
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by ecco »

No changes, they just didn't work, due to my levels compression issues/ technical complications that he understands and I don't :)
But the good news is David has fixed this today, so a massive thanks to him it all seems alright now. The last training level was largely culled to make it work, but it's only training so I don't mind so much.

Going to do one final play through either this evening or tomorrow, in case I still missed something or accidentally broke something in the cleanup just now. Then I will upload them :)
Thanks for waiting.

This mod will likely have the unimaginative title of 'ecco_zsnes_prince_of_persia', which is an improvement on what they've been called for the past couple of years. Any more suggestions on postcard please : )

I'll start a new thread for it when it's ready.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

ecco wrote:[...], which is an improvement on what they've been called for the past couple of years.
Now that you mention this, and maybe I've asked you this before (feels like I may have), but did you ever release any levels other than these:
ecco's levels wrote:ecco_Levels05
ecco_Levels08
ecco_Levels09
ecco_Levels10
Mirrored Levels
SNES Levels
Maybe the Levels01 through Levels04 and Levels06 and Levels07 were considered to be not-release-worthy by either you or starwindz?
ecco
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by ecco »

Hi Norbert,

Yep I think we exchanged an email or two ages ago.

I just looked through my pop folder. From what I see there is also ecco_Levels05, 07, 11, 15 and 'newLevels1-4'.

Not sure if I ever released them or not. If not, it's probably because they were only semi completed sets, which could have had as little as one level changed.

We're talking a long time back now, as the last date modified are mostly from 2003 to 2005, plus one in 2008.
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

You should share those levels, or they are included in this new level pack???
ecco
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by ecco »

Final tweaks made it not work again, but have changed the rom file and it appears to be ok. But want to test again to make sure. Sorry..

I had a really quick glance at those other dos pop1 levels and they appear to be a mish mash of levels in sets that were already released. For example, I remember one level I did which I referred to as 'The Gauntlet' which I'm certain I released in one set, but it also is showing in one of the sets I mentioned above. so that's why I think they are all mixed up.

So they may be out there already. I'm not going to be able to check properly as I don't remember much about the levels anymore, and would take ages to compare what's what in different sets. I don't mind uploading the lot if you're all happy to look at them, but there may be repeating levels, duplicates and things that don't work, unfinished levels etc, I've no idea really! Probably a reason why I never released them, so don't expect much... :)
ecco
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by ecco »

Pictures.
Attachments
level_18_0.jpg
level_09_01.jpg
level_04_02.jpg
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Nice pictures, but why youre not using custom palletes for tileset??
ecco
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by ecco »

Time. Don't have it any more. To make anything at least as good as the original graphics would take too long (and even if I was capable in the first place).

Nor would I attempt them unless I thought I could at least equal the originals in terms of quality and colour palatte/ colour coordination and harmony. As I have always been very happy with the original graphics being as good as they can be (they are superb), there is no point.
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Have you tried my mod, the dark castle??? it features good tileset editing and great gameplay...
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Hi, ecco!
http://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php? mod=0000023
ecco_Levels08 - - edit the 4th level not of an exit!

And this - I passed. Interesting FASHION.
http://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php? mod=0000022
Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... NPbiKVhrCt
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

YURA wrote:Hi, ecco!
http://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php?mod=0000023
ecco_Levels08 - - edit the 4th level not of an exit!
ecco hasn't been on the forum for 2.5+ years.
So, I've updated the description at popot.org to:
"Modified are levels 1-4, 7-9, 12a, 12b and the potions level. Level 4 cannot be finished."
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Norbert wrote: ecco hasn't been on the forum for 2.5+ years.
So, I've updated the description at popot.org to:
"Modified are levels 1-4, 7-9, 12a, 12b and the potions level. Level 4 cannot be finished."

Will be bad idea to complete the mod by ourselves, because seems ecco is hard to find?