Prince of Persia: DoH (Snes Mod) Part 2 (Levels 1-14) New!

Are you creating new levels/mods for SNES or did you finish your work? Tell us here!

Moderator: English Moderator Team

User avatar
EstebanFT
Efendi
Efendi
Posts: 17
Joined: October 15th, 2011, 7:27 pm
Contact:

Prince of Persia: DoH (Snes Mod) Part 2 (Levels 1-14) New!

Post by EstebanFT » October 15th, 2011, 8:18 pm

Hello everybody.

I just finished the first part of this mod Prince of Persia: Dungeon of Hell. While you play the second part, I will edit third part and I will publish it coming soon!

Image

Recommendation:

When you to finish the level 14, please keep the password so that you can continue at level 15 in Part 3 that I will publish on December

Technical Sheet:

- Name: Prince Of Persia: Dungeon of Hell
- Mod: Snes
- Levels: 14 (Part 2 of 3)
- Difficult (1-10): 9
- Downoad Game Version 1.2: http://www.mediafire.com/?oxyz1lho97gcv7k
- Downoad Snes9k windows Emulator: http://files.princesuper.webnode.es/200 ... 9k009z.zip

Features:

- More difficult and fun levels
- More traps and puzzles
- Enemies more difficult
- New tile set (colors) for 19 of the 20 levels and enemies

Images:

LEVEL 11:

Image

LEVEL 13:

Image

This mod is different from all others because it has never created levels with a higher degree of difficulty, with puzzles and mazes that will make time play to become an big adventure. Get the sword at level 1 is not as easy as you think.

Are you ready to enter the dangerous castle of Persia? o die in the attempt to rescue his beloved princess?

Hope you enjoy from start to finish. Any suggestions, comments or questions can do it.
Last edited by EstebanFT on January 16th, 2012, 6:27 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Download my Prince of Persia Snes Mod: Dungeons Of Hell (With new level color tilesets):
http://www.forum.princed.org/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=3064

User avatar
robert
Sultan
Sultan
Posts: 188
Joined: August 27th, 2011, 7:16 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Prince of Persia: Dungeons of Hell (Snes Mod)

Post by robert » October 15th, 2011, 10:48 pm

I liked it, the graphics are great, and also the traps, I'm in level 5 now.
Just one thing, you can fix the walls and floor details to make it nicier, like in the original. Eg: floor with spikes up the wall and not empty.
In my opinion they are very good, in a scale of 1 to 10: it's 8.
Image
This will be my face if you can't win any of my mods

User avatar
EstebanFT
Efendi
Efendi
Posts: 17
Joined: October 15th, 2011, 7:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Prince of Persia: Dungeons of Hell (Snes Mod)

Post by EstebanFT » October 18th, 2011, 10:28 pm

Robert, thanks for playing my mod. if you have any problems to advance any specific level please leave your comment.

by the way: Happy Birthday Robert!
Download my Prince of Persia Snes Mod: Dungeons Of Hell (With new level color tilesets):
http://www.forum.princed.org/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=3064

User avatar
robert
Sultan
Sultan
Posts: 188
Joined: August 27th, 2011, 7:16 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Prince of Persia: Dungeons of Hell (Snes Mod)

Post by robert » October 19th, 2011, 12:26 am

EstebanFT wrote:Robert, thanks for playing my mod. if you have any problems to advance any specific level please leave your comment.

by the way: Happy Birthday Robert!
Thanks a lot :P . Yes I have a problem with level 6, when I want to enter to exit door it doesn't do it (of course I have already opened it). I press the up key and it jumps.
Maybe when the loose floor falls in front of the door the exit doesn't function anymore.
Image
This will be my face if you can't win any of my mods

User avatar
EstebanFT
Efendi
Efendi
Posts: 17
Joined: October 15th, 2011, 7:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Prince of Persia: Dungeons of Hell (Snes Mod)

Post by EstebanFT » October 19th, 2011, 4:24 am

Thanks a lot :P . Yes I have a problem with level 6, when I want to enter to exit door it doesn't do it (of course I have already opened it). I press the up key and it jumps.
Maybe when the loose floor falls in front of the door the exit doesn't function anymore.
Fixed the error of level 6. Now the loose floor falls one tile before. Download again the game of the two links in the first message and use the password of level 6 that you saved or use this:

Password Level 6: CGKDBZ2

Sorry for the bug.
Download my Prince of Persia Snes Mod: Dungeons Of Hell (With new level color tilesets):
http://www.forum.princed.org/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=3064

User avatar
robert
Sultan
Sultan
Posts: 188
Joined: August 27th, 2011, 7:16 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Prince of Persia: Dungeons of Hell (Snes Mod)

Post by robert » October 20th, 2011, 3:24 am

I saw you said in the topic 3 mods more, made by me, that you wanted to edit something in your mod, I think you were talking about the changing of triggers for gates, those that the guard is like the trigger. If I am right, you can see the topic "How to edit specific gates..." where you can find the way to do this, only if that was your question.

Oh and another thing, I'm stocked in level 7 because at the last part where you have to close a gate because there is a guard then I can't find another way to open it again. When I drink the slow fall potion and fall on a loose floor that falls on a trigger I have to return and reach to the opened gate, but I find the way closed by a gate.
One question, is there a way to reach the life potion without getting trapped?
Image
This will be my face if you can't win any of my mods

User avatar
EstebanFT
Efendi
Efendi
Posts: 17
Joined: October 15th, 2011, 7:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Prince of Persia: Dungeons of Hell (Snes Mod)

Post by EstebanFT » October 21st, 2011, 3:43 am

Oh no!, I'm sorry, other level with one bug.

Fixed!!

Now there is a tile that opens front door of the guard.

Download new version 1.2: http://www.mediafire.com/?ybw2278di0e3nz4

I apologize, sorry :(
Download my Prince of Persia Snes Mod: Dungeons Of Hell (With new level color tilesets):
http://www.forum.princed.org/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=3064

User avatar
robert
Sultan
Sultan
Posts: 188
Joined: August 27th, 2011, 7:16 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Prince of Persia: Dungeons of Hell (Snes Mod)

Post by robert » October 21st, 2011, 5:45 am

It's ok, remeber that you should test your levels after you finnished them, so if you want to post them you could give us the assurance that we can pass the levels.

Edit: I have finnished the levels. I really liked them, and I'm waiting for the next part. Remember to test it before posting it.
As I liked too much the graphics I would like if you care on them and make them as best as you can.

My snes mod is coming soon, will you try it? ;)
Image
This will be my face if you can't win any of my mods

User avatar
Kaslghnoon
Sultan
Sultan
Posts: 138
Joined: February 27th, 2010, 8:35 pm
Location: United States

Re: Prince of Persia: Dungeons of Hell (Snes Mod)

Post by Kaslghnoon » October 27th, 2011, 2:10 am

This is an enjoyable mod. It is difficult but not ridiculous. With the help of savestates, I managed to complete level 10.

Things I like about the first part of this mod:
-The palette changes applied in levels (4, 5, 6, 7, 9)
-Guard skills are not elevated for the regular guards.
-Only one slow fall potion for 10 levels (well done).
-It's not badly clusterfuck
-Levels 4 and 5 have that Prince of Persia 2 vibe.
-The maze in level 6 is cleverly designed.
-Level 7 is very interesting.
-I haven't spotted any teleports or Potion of Warp (I hate those!)
-No odd room-linking so far

Things I don't like:
-Incomplete graphics are found here and there.
-Kill potions
-Level 8 (pretty much everything about it)
-Palette change in level 10
-Fire is placed in non-fire dungeon
-The mirror in level 5 is obsolete
-No shadow steal

User avatar
EstebanFT
Efendi
Efendi
Posts: 17
Joined: October 15th, 2011, 7:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Prince of Persia: Dungeons of Hell (Snes Mod)

Post by EstebanFT » October 27th, 2011, 6:48 pm

robert wrote:It's ok, remeber that you should test your levels after you finnished them, so if you want to post them you could give us the assurance that we can pass the levels.

Edit: I have finnished the levels. I really liked them, and I'm waiting for the next part. Remember to test it before posting it.
As I liked too much the graphics I would like if you care on them and make them as best as you can.

My snes mod is coming soon, will you try it? ;)
Thanks for playing my mod. I will try first to test the levels , and so I will publish.

Sure I'll play your Snes mod. I look forward to your post it.
Kaslghnoon wrote:This is an enjoyable mod. It is difficult but not ridiculous. With the help of savestates, I managed to complete level 10.

Things I like about the first part of this mod:
-The palette changes applied in levels (4, 5, 6, 7, 9)
-Guard skills are not elevated for the regular guards.
-Only one slow fall potion for 10 levels (well done).
-It's not badly clusterfuck
-Levels 4 and 5 have that Prince of Persia 2 vibe.
-The maze in level 6 is cleverly designed.
-Level 7 is very interesting.
-I haven't spotted any teleports or Potion of Warp (I hate those!)
-No odd room-linking so far

Things I don't like:
-Incomplete graphics are found here and there.
-Kill potions
-Level 8 (pretty much everything about it)
-Palette change in level 10
-Fire is placed in non-fire dungeon
-The mirror in level 5 is obsolete
-No shadow steal
I will try to put more decoration to the empty spaces of the levels.

I did not realize that the mirror was obsolete level 5 XD. :lol:

Coming soon screenshots of Part 2!!
Download my Prince of Persia Snes Mod: Dungeons Of Hell (With new level color tilesets):
http://www.forum.princed.org/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=3064

User avatar
cosmictruffle
Efendi
Efendi
Posts: 12
Joined: September 19th, 2011, 2:29 am

Re: Prince of Persia: Dungeons of Hell (Snes Mod)

Post by cosmictruffle » October 31st, 2011, 8:59 am

Great mod! A suggestion, if I may:

There are some parts where it's possible to be trapped with no way out, such as some pits - I would put spikes in them or make them deep enough for a deadly fall, as you can't restart a level from the beginning unless you die, though that's not really a problem with passwords and rewinds and such.

Other than that, I can't recall anything that hasn't been mentioned before.

I really liked the puzzles in this hack; they were difficult, but not mind-numbingly frustrating. Keep up the good work!

User avatar
EstebanFT
Efendi
Efendi
Posts: 17
Joined: October 15th, 2011, 7:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Prince of Persia: Dungeons of Hell (Snes Mod)

Post by EstebanFT » October 31st, 2011, 3:41 pm

cosmictruffle wrote:Great mod! A suggestion, if I may:

There are some parts where it's possible to be trapped with no way out, such as some pits - I would put spikes in them or make them deep enough for a deadly fall, as you can't restart a level from the beginning unless you die, though that's not really a problem with passwords and rewinds and such.

Other than that, I can't recall anything that hasn't been mentioned before.

I really liked the puzzles in this hack; they were difficult, but not mind-numbingly frustrating. Keep up the good work!
what are levels do you say that there are holes where you are trapped?
Download my Prince of Persia Snes Mod: Dungeons Of Hell (With new level color tilesets):
http://www.forum.princed.org/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=3064

User avatar
cosmictruffle
Efendi
Efendi
Posts: 12
Joined: September 19th, 2011, 2:29 am

Re: Prince of Persia: Dungeons of Hell (Snes Mod)

Post by cosmictruffle » November 1st, 2011, 10:03 pm

EstebanFT wrote:what are levels do you say that there are holes where you are trapped?
I can't remember offhand, I'll have to check. I do remember one part where you can drop down to get a super potion, but you need to go down and open a gate first, with a gold skeleton guarding it. If you drop down w/o opening the gate, you are stuck. That was the most prominent that I remember. I'll check for some other ones if you'd like me to.

salvadorc17
Calif
Calif
Posts: 523
Joined: August 27th, 2011, 2:04 am

Re: Prince of Persia: Dungeons of Hell (Snes Mod)

Post by salvadorc17 » November 7th, 2011, 6:13 pm

I have played 6 levels, and i think there are some difficult areas, because i need to save many checkpoint to complete for example the level 5; its very difficult and the palettes are very well.

Expect that part 2 will not be impossible...

User avatar
EstebanFT
Efendi
Efendi
Posts: 17
Joined: October 15th, 2011, 7:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Prince of Persia: DoH (Snes Mod) Part 2 (Levels 1-14) New!

Post by EstebanFT » January 16th, 2012, 6:30 pm

Download part 2 of my snes mod: Prince of Persia Dungeons of Hell. Includes levels 1-14.

I have not time to finish all levels but soon publishes the third that include to levels 15-20. Thank you for your understanding and hope you enjoy this second part!!

Download Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?oxyz1lho97gcv7k
Download my Prince of Persia Snes Mod: Dungeons Of Hell (With new level color tilesets):
http://www.forum.princed.org/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=3064

Post Reply