What happened?

Windows and Linux editor of PoP1 (for DOS and SNES) and PoP2 (for DOS).
4DPlayer

What happened?

Post by 4DPlayer »

I was exploring the modding capabilities of the SNES version(Maybe a coming mod), and I love the UI of Apoplexy. So, I decided to edit levels with Apoplexy and edit palletes with Pr1SNESLevEd. It was going fine (guards, environment edited), and then I decided to edit the Hit Point Palletes. I saved the changes, but then I couldn't save levels in Apoplexy! Instead of the save button, I see this X:
X.JPG
X.JPG (13.58 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
Is there any way to fix the hit point pallete back to original, and if not, is there any way to get Apoplexy editing back.
If not, I can stick to Pr1SNESLevEd which is ok.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: What happened?

Post by Norbert »

4DPlayer wrote: July 10th, 2019, 6:40 pm[...], and then I decided to edit the Hit Point Palletes. I saved the changes, but then I couldn't save levels in Apoplexy!
Pr1SnesLevEd can do more than apoplexy, and apoplexy noticed something changed that it doesn't fully understand, so it disabled saving as a precaution. There's no easy way to fix this. Generally, my advice to modders who'd like to use both editors is, instead of moving back and forth, to start with apoplexy and then when the basic level layouts are finished move to - and stick with - Pr1SnesLevEd.
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

Norbert wrote: July 10th, 2019, 7:40 pm

Pr1SnesLevEd can do more than apoplexy, and apoplexy noticed something changed that it doesn't fully understand, so it disabled saving as a precaution. There's no easy way to fix this. Generally, my advice to modders who'd like to use both editors is, instead of moving back and forth, to start with apoplexy and then when the basic level layouts are finished move to - and stick with - Pr1SnesLevEd.
I’ll watch some tutorials and learn pr1snesleved. :D
Basically, the only confusing thing in the editor is door events. Everything else is manageable.
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

Question:
How to add rooms to the level on PR1SNESLevEd?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

4DPlayer wrote: July 10th, 2019, 9:56 pmHow to add rooms to the level on PR1SNESLevEd?
I think you need to right click the room and select "Room links...".
The rooms are 0-23, no room is 255 (or 254, to remove the ceiling).
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

Ok. Thanks!
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Norbert wrote: July 10th, 2019, 10:51 pm I think you need to right click the room and select "Room links...".
The rooms are 0-23, no room is 255 (or 254, to remove the ceiling).
Yes.
Don't forget to add a link back from the new room to the old room as well!
Pr1SNESLevEd is not smart enough to make sure that the rooms are linked properly.