apoplexy v3.1 released

Windows and Linux editor of PoP1 (for DOS and SNES) and PoP2 (for DOS).
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

apoplexy v3.1 released

Post by Norbert »

I've just released version 3.1 of apoplexy.
Some preview screenshots are available here.

The GNU/Linux version is available here (mirror).
The Windows 64-bit version can be downloaded here (mirror).

Windows 32-bit? If you have 32-bit Windows, copy the files in the ZIP attached to this post into the Windows 64-bit version's directory.

Changes since the last version:
Back from 'retirement' to implement two frequently requested features.
+ When editing PoP1 for DOS, a separate Map window can now be opened ("m"), that displays a movable and zoomable abstract representation of the entire level, which highlights related tiles when hovering over buttons, gates, exits left, loose tiles, etc.
+ PoP1 for DOS guard details can now be modified via the EXE screen (F2). This makes it easy to, for example, use guards with different amounts of hit points in the same level.
* Minor bug fixes.
Attachments
32bit_apoplexy31.zip
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 96 times
Coco
Sultan
Sultan

Re: apoplexy v3.1 released

Post by Coco »

This is gonna make things a lot easier! Will try it out tomorrow. Thanks. :)
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Norbert wrote: February 7th, 2018, 12:32 pm + When editing PoP1 for DOS, a separate Map window can now be opened ("m"), that displays a movable and zoomable abstract representation of the entire level, which highlights related tiles when hovering over buttons, gates, exits left, loose tiles, etc.
That window is 1291×858, which is just a tiny bit bigger than 1280×800, the resolution that I usually use.
(Looks like this window is not "responsive".)
I can still use the map, but for example the text at the top ("Use your mouse") is not visible.
My workaround for the latter is to change the resolution to 1440×900.

A question:
On the bottom of the map screen, there are some white squares (same size as the checkbox) and a white rectangle (same size as the close button).
What are they? Placeholders for possible future additions?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

David wrote: February 10th, 2018, 5:43 pmThat window is 1291×858, which is just a tiny bit bigger than 1280×800, the resolution that I usually use.
I can't believe that 1366x768 is still the most used desktop resolution according to StatCounter and W3Schools. How is this possible. Maybe I'm not fully aware of just how rich my country is compared to the rest of the world... that most people simply have small screens even with desktop machines. Maybe many people are on Windows XP and 32-bit simply because their hardware can't handle anything else. I've been using 1920x1080 for so many years now, I didn't even realize some people might still be using resolutions like 1280x800. Are you also still on 32-bit Windows XP, David? I was truly under the assumption that 1920x1080 is the de facto standard and has been so for many years. Apparently that's not true at all. Damn, (the height of) 1291x858 doesn't even fit in 1366x768. I had no idea.
David wrote: February 10th, 2018, 5:43 pmPlaceholders for possible future additions?
Yep.
oitofelix
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by oitofelix »

Congratulations on your new release!
Norbert wrote:I can't believe that 1366x768 is still the most used desktop resolution according to StatCounter and W3Schools. How is this possible.
Just for the record, my main computer has a dual-headed setup: 1366x768 + 1280x720.
Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix)
MININIM author
Aram
Calif
Calif

Post by Aram »

If I don't answer, contact me at this address.
My e-mail: aram.sev055@gmail.com
Coco
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Coco »

I can't believe that 1366x768 is still the most used desktop resolution
:lol:
My laptop (God only knows his age) has that resolution, and the best PC in my house has about 10 years + with some average parts in it...Sooooo, I really want to buy widescreen monitor for two years now. It's impossible to work without one these days... ;)
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Post by Falcury »

Thread locked.
(The discussion is continued in the release thread for apoplexy v3.2)