Level 6 to 7

Windows and Linux editor of PoP1 (for DOS and SNES) and PoP2 (for DOS).
Xepera_maSet
Efendi
Efendi

Level 6 to 7

Post by Xepera_maSet »

Hello again. I found that I couldn't use the exit door in level 6, I had to create a fall in the right room to get the game to progress. Is there a way to fix this? Will removing the room allow me to use an exit door? Further, am I going to have the same issue between level 12a and 12b?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Level 6 to 7

Post by Norbert »

Xepera_maSet wrote:couldn't use the exit door
If you cannot enter an opened exit door, it's usually because it's in the room where the prince starts. If you cannot open an exit door, it's usually because the button (event) doesn't point to the left half of the exit. If it's something else you ran into, you could either give a more detailed description of the problem, or private message LEVELS.DAT to someone to look at it.
Xepera_maSet
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Xepera_maSet »

I'll check into that, thanks. Rather than starting another thread, could you tell me if there's a way to change time limits in your editor?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Xepera_maSet wrote: September 21st, 2017, 6:41 pmchange time limits in your editor?
If you press F2 on the main screen you can modify some PRINCE.EXE settings.

If "Allow triggering of any tile" is enabled (on "Y"), buttons can also make loose floors fall down.
Used in, for example, level 7 of my Micro Palace.
You can watch the video (you can hear the tiles fall) or try the level yourself (ZIP; start level 7 with "2.exe megahit 7").
Xepera_maSet
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Xepera_maSet »

Thank you!
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Xepera_maSet wrote: September 20th, 2017, 5:03 pm I found that I couldn't use the exit door in level 6, I had to create a fall in the right room to get the game to progress. Is there a way to fix this?
How do you mean "couldn't use the exit door"?

If you open an exit door on level 6 after you have seen the shadow, the exit door gets stuck in the opening animation.
You can enter the exit door, but the game won't load the next level, unless you press Ctrl+A.
A fix is mentioned here: viewtopic.php?p=16581#p16581

Is this what you mean?
Xepera_maSet
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Xepera_maSet »

Sorry for a month delay. Yes the door was open but like it was glitchy and just black inside, and nothing loaded. I didn't have the shadow anywhere in the level though.

Fixed this as of my second game build though so oh well!