Documentation: Adding Extended Tiles to apoplexy

Windows and Linux editor of PoP1 (for DOS and SNES) and PoP2 (for DOS).
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Documentation: Adding Extended Tiles to apoplexy

Post by Norbert »

This document, useful only to programmers, explains how to add extended tiles to apoplexy. Examples of extended tiles are SDLPoP's fake tiles, and MININIM's big poison potion. I don't expect anyone to add more extended tiles to apoplexy, but at least now there's a proper how-to.

http://www.popot.org/documentation/docu ... oplexy.pdf
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Re: Documentation: Adding Extended Tiles to apoplexy

Post by salvadorc17 »

Just by curiosity why you decided to add this information, there is some extension of apoplexy planned in SDLPOP??
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

salvadorc17 wrote:Just by curiosity why you decided to add this information, there is some extension of apoplexy planned in SDLPOP??
I created the document because as the application's programmer I'm the person for whom it's easiest to figure out and explain(*) all that is necessary to add extended tiles to apoplexy. I chose to write down this information now and not later because I too are likely to forget details over the years. I've personally stopped working on apoplexy, but I'm aware it's still being used and therefore I want to provide other people with proper documentation regarding - and thus options to expand - some of the program's functionalities.

(*) The English language has no proper equivalent for the Dutch word "uiteenzetten".
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Yes, i like the idea of extending the compatibility to custom engines, i have tried myself with Prince of Persia Net, and got good results, but i was not able to include those custom tiles, now with this guide, i think will be easy to do, will try it when achieve my apoplexy to snes converter..