Apoplexy Tutorial

Windows and Linux editor of PoP1 (for DOS and SNES) and PoP2 (for DOS).
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Apoplexy Tutorial

Post by Norbert »

yaqxsw wrote:Yes, but it possible on PoP1? i not found this option
SDLPoP could be modified to make this possible.
Maybe ask Falcury; I dunno.
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Note that if you want to use SDLPoP's special fake tiles, you need to use "3.0 RC3" or "3.0".

Then you can "Ctrl + left mouse button" on tiles to access those special fake tiles.

Version "3.0 RC2" won't work (properly).
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

Note that if you want to use SDLPoP's special fake tiles, you need to use "3.0 RC3" or "3.0".

Then you can "Ctrl + left mouse button" on tiles to access those special fake tiles.

Version "3.0 RC2" won't work (properly).
I tested on Version RC2 and its work :) WOW I like this invisible walls and other illusion objects :)
SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

[quote="yaqxsw"][/quote]
You can show how create endless room,such as level 4 impossible..or somebody can help?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

SuavePrince wrote:how create endless room
These are created with broken room links.

yaqxsw explains how to create them in this video.
Also, I explain how in the second video here ("Supplement 1") starting at 2:35.
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

The version 3.0 is also compatible when using PrinceSnes level editor??
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

salvadorc17 wrote:The version 3.0 is also compatible when using PrinceSnes level editor??
I think your question is, are Pr1SnesLevEd and apoplexy compatible?

The short answer is: they are not fully compatible.

Here's the longer answer. In some ways they are compatible and in some ways they are not. The reason is that Pr1SnesLevEd can fully use ROM (SMC) files created with apoplexy, but apoplexy has difficulty using SMC files created with Pr1SnesLevEd. This is because Pr1SnesLevEd is more versatile:
- For instance, apoplexy focuses on allowing its users to consistently pick tiles from an overview of 48 preselected core tiles, while Pr1SnesLevEd focuses on allowing its users to manually create custom tiles using many tile element combinations. Since apoplexy mostly does not pre-load tile images beyond these 48 core tiles for each environment type, it will show most other tiles - including many created with Pr1SnesLevEd - as blue tiles with question marks on them.
- Another example, Pr1SnesLevEd allows non-level resources to reside in what we call/use as the second save area of PoP1 SMC files. If apoplexy reads and detects such SMC files, it will disable saving entirely. Currently there are two SNES mods where this happens: 1. The Castle of War (by robert), and 2. Battle Royale (by you, salvadorc17).

This is why I wrote here:
Norbert wrote:If you want to use both editors, IMO it currently makes (more) sense to use Pr1SnesLevEd for polishing after using apoplexy for prototyping.
Also, keep in mind that Pr1SnesLevEd is a tried-and-tested application that has been successfully used to create various mods, while apoplexy's SNES level editing functionality was introduced less than a year ago. Finally, as you've probably read in other threads, I have personally stopped developing apoplexy. This means that, in the off-chance you would run into a bug in apoplexy that requires code modification to fix, you might be on your own.

Having written that, mod authors who have prior experience editing DOS levels with apoplexy will have an easier time moving into SNES territory with apoplexy than with Pr1SnesLevEd. Using apoplexy could be their stepping stone to using Pr1SnesLevEd, to first get comfortable with the new SNES options and later pick up the flexible pro tool.
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Great answer, you give me a complete understanding of what i needed to know. For my mod, i think doing a dos total conversion will be a good idea.
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

Change Graphic/Texture

yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

Screenshot and upload MOD