post suggestions here

Windows and Linux editor of PoP1 (for DOS and SNES) and PoP2 (for DOS).
Aram
Calif
Calif

Re: post suggestions here

Post by Aram »

Norbert wrote: February 12th, 2018, 12:13 am
Aram wrote: February 11th, 2018, 11:57 pmAnd if I use this program, I'll find it right away. Isn't it? :|
You don't need to use the program when playing.
I don't mind, I'm glad it's a very good way, but...
If I don't answer, contact me at this address.
My e-mail: aram.sev055@gmail.com
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Norbert!
MOD-183. Prompt and why I cannot see the level card 6, though the program shows the 5 and 7 level???
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

YURA wrote: February 13th, 2018, 12:40 pmMOD-183. Prompt and why I cannot see the level card 6, though the program shows the 5 and 7 level???
Level 6 has broken room links.
Soon, SDLPoP 1.18 will be released, which will allow you to create maps of levels with broken room links.
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Thanks for information. Let's wait for a release of the new program SDLPoP 1.18.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I recognized apoplexy here. ;)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

The apoplexy logo used here with an unrelated post. ;)

Code: Select all

https://whatisdavethinking.wordpress.com/2018/12/06/apoplectic-musings-or-something-like-that/
Coco
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Coco »

Is it possible to allow prince to have a sword only in certain levels? Can that be implemented?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Coco wrote: December 31st, 2018, 5:36 pm Is it possible to allow prince to have a sword only in certain levels? Can that be implemented?
Kind of.
You can press F2 and set "Prince has sword" to N.
Then you can decide for each level whether or not you'll place a sword on the floor for the prince to pick up.
Also possible with SDLPoP (SDLPoP.ini -> have_sword_from_level = never).
Coco
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Coco »

Norbert wrote: December 31st, 2018, 7:51 pm Kind of.
Not quite a solution, but there we go. We are stuck with the game's limitations. Maybe that can be an idea for SDLPoP. Since everything is built from scratch, you can add some advanced modding features. I'll have to check out that source code, though my knowledge of C is limited at best. Happy new year!!!
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Coco wrote: January 1st, 2019, 2:36 pmMaybe that can be an idea for SDLPoP. Since everything is built from scratch, [...]
I understand what you mean here, but more precise would be to write that SDLPoP was built from (based on) a disassembly of the DOS port.
MININIM was actually created "from scratch" (source).
Coco wrote: January 1st, 2019, 2:36 pm[...] you can add some advanced modding features.
Yes.
There's this related thread about possible scripting options.
And Secrets of the Citadel, as you may know, includes a modified SDLPoP that has new features, including an extra time potion.

My apoplexy already has a "native tiles screen", accessible by pressing "x" and by Ctrl+left-clicking. (SDLPoP needs to be (auto-)installed for playtesting.) It currently 'only' includes SDLPoP's (non-DOS) fake tiles. But the program and I are ready to add more tiles if SDLPoP is ever expanded. The middle area of the native tiles screen could, for instance, hold a text input line to allow modders to enter text that would show up after drinking SDLPoP hint/help potions. In theory it can also hold native MININIM tiles.

[Edit:]
All these tiles are legacy combos, but additional information could be saved in text files that would then ship alongside the mod. For example, potions (group 0x0A) could have 16 text versions (e.g. variants 0x10 through 0x1F) that would each load and display text from line number <variant> of certain per-level text files, and these potions could have their own bubble color.
[Edit 2:]
Added a feature request for such potions. :P
Coco wrote: January 1st, 2019, 2:36 pmHappy new year!!!
You too!
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I will soon release apoplexy v3.5.

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Tomorrow, I will release apoplexy v3.6.
It adds a screen that allows (relatively) easy modification of the SNES prince's actions.

4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

Sometimes it gets frustrating when you’re almost done in the level and you mistakenly randomize it. Has an Undo Randomize button or key combination ever been considered for implementation in Apoplexy?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

4DPlayer wrote: November 25th, 2019, 6:08 amHas an Undo [...] button or key [...] ever been considered
At some point I considered adding undo functionality.
One of the tiny icons in the top right is a left-facing arrow that was going to be undo.
Maybe one day.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

4DPlayer wrote: November 25th, 2019, 6:08 am Sometimes it gets frustrating when you’re almost done in the level and you mistakenly randomize it.
I too had this problem lot of times, but all of the times, thankfully, I understood what exactly happened, I randomised the level completely, I quickly closed it, didn't save it and opened it again, and had all my level back. You can do the same. Just remember never save it until you are completely sure what exactly you did is all correct!

And after creating each level, take the backup of your LEVELS.DAT file, so as to avoid any future problems.

Norbert, can we or do we have a toggle switch or a command-line parameter, which turns OFF the randomisation right-click?
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)