How to run the level editor Apoplexy ?

Windows and Linux editor of PoP1 (for DOS and SNES) and PoP2 (for DOS).
THonyNissart
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

How to run the level editor Apoplexy ?

Post by THonyNissart »

Hi everybody !
I've just downloaded the level editor Apoplexy on their website, but I've got a problem: I can't run it and I didn't find any tutorial (except the README but it's very hard to understand something :roll: ). There is no .exe into the folder. Somebody can help-me please ?
Thanks vey much !
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: How to run the level editor Apoplexy ?

Post by mk1995 »

Weird... No file called "apoplexy.exe"? There are two options for you:

1) Look through the folder you downloaded the editor to again and thoroughly. Maybe you just overlooked it.
2) If option 1 fails, you can download the emulator from here (if you're a Windows user). I downloaded it from there just to see how it looks, and it had an executable.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
THonyNissart
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by THonyNissart »

Thanks very much !!
I downloaded the program with your link: It's perfect. That's work perfectly ! Thank you.
I downloaded however twice on the official website, and the apoplexy.exe and all .dll are missing... Weird... File seems to be incomplete...
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Glad I could help.

And now for some useless trivia: I actually dreamt you would answer, but the answer you gave in reality differed from the one I had in my dream. :P
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
musicmaker
Vizier
Vizier

Post by musicmaker »

Lol that means you are obsessed with Prince of Persia, Maurice.. XP
~We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.~

~Every move you make creates your destiny...~
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Not necessarily obsessed with the game, but with the forums.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

The program apoplexy was created to be run on GNU/Linux and compatible systems; this is why the original package does not include a Windows executable (.exe or .com file). However, as mk1995 already mentioned, there is a Windows port available. ;)