Neogogeta
Vizier
Vizier

Prince of Persia : The Forgotten Sands

Post by Neogogeta »

New Prince of Persia game revealed at Spike TV VGAs 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRSDfnaq ... r_embedded
http://prince-of-persia.uk.ubi.com/

This should fix the country prob - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/princ ... e-tv/59824

Discuss.
Last edited by Neogogeta on December 13th, 2009, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sTank
Neogogeta
L O S T Forever
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Prince of Persia : The Forgotten Sands

Post by Veke »

The video's not available in my country due to "copyright reasons". awesome... but I can surely watch that elsewhere. Moved, by the way.

After seeing that trailer I can say... it seems quite obvious this is going to be another one to the SoT trilogy (with Prince's look, Sands and timepowers), not a sequel to 2008. That assumed I'd say it's going to be a spinoff. I'll be really surprised if they actually continue the story from T2T.
Neogogeta
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Neogogeta »

Veke wrote:The video's not available in my country due to "copyright reasons". awesome... but I can surely watch that elsewhere. Moved, by the way.

After seeing that trailer I can say... it seems quite obvious this is going to be another one to the SoT trilogy (with Prince's look, Sands and timepowers), not a sequel to 2008. That assumed I'd say it's going to be a spinoff. I'll be really surprised if they actually continue the story from T2T.
Or maybe it is the game based on a movie(,based on a game :) ) ?
sTank
Neogogeta
L O S T Forever
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

Yes, from what I read it will be more or less based on the movie.
AuraDragon
Sultan
Sultan

Post by AuraDragon »

Reminds me of the Dragon Ball movie, it got it's own game but they looked like the movie characters... This however kinda looks like a new sequel, I haven't played the Trilogy so I wouldn't know if it was possible to have a new sequel.
I post on the forum at weird times of the day
Neogogeta
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Neogogeta »

Wikipedia wrote:Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands will return to the storyline established by Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time in 2003 and previously concluded by Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones in 2005. On December 14th OneLastContinue reported that Ubisoft UK had released the first details of the story on their official video portal.

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands is the next chapter in the fan-favorite Sands of Time universe. Visiting his brother’s kingdom following his adventure in Azad, the Prince finds the royal palace under siege from a mighty army bent on its destruction.

The game is an interquel, taking place between The Sands of Time and Warrior Within.

The DS, PSP and Wii version will be "featuring a different gaming experience than the more powerful platforms".
sTank
Neogogeta
L O S T Forever
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

Well that's interesting... I have wondered what happened between SoT and WW. Hopefully it will cover the Prince's attitude and look change.
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

Neogogeta wrote:New Prince of Persia game revealed at Spike TV VGAs 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRSDfnaq ... r_embedded
http://prince-of-persia.uk.ubi.com/

This should fix the country prob - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/princ ... e-tv/59824

Discuss.

youtube has blokked the vid
John Wain
Vizier
Vizier

Post by John Wain »

While the video does not say much about what the game will be about, I am eager for it to come out. I think there is enough material to make the story interesting.
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

I hope they make it more similar to the Sands of Time. I don't think I'd like the emo-prince of Warrior Within.
Former Member of popuw.com/forum
John Wain
Vizier
Vizier

Post by John Wain »

I think the Prince of WW was not emo at all; on the contrary, he was determined, unstoppable and with a very clear purpose of survival in his mind. But if this game is to be placed between SoT and WW, and if there should only be one game in this interval (what was it, 7 years? I'm beginning to forget), then we should be able to better perceive the transformation of the Prince. After all, in the trailer we can clearly see the resemblance of the Prince with both his characters in SoT and WW.

And now coming to think of it, I believe we should see the Dahaka again - because the Dahaka had been following the Prince for all those years. That would be cool, indeed.
n00blord
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by n00blord »

I was just surfing through the internet when I saw new pop advertised... Awesome! Finally! There aren't much information on the internet, but if I concluded correctly, the story is set in his brother's kingdom, in the time between the SOT and WW... Can't wait! Blah...