Am I the only one dissapointed?

n00blord
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Am I the only one dissapointed?

Post by n00blord »

So, the game officially died. Everything that was good in PoP was removed. Jumping, running. No combos, no nothing. No pleasure in fighting, disgusting graphics. Stupid story. I expected so much more...
Neogogeta
Vizier
Vizier

Re: Am I the only one dissapointed?

Post by Neogogeta »

Jumping and running is still there.In fact, better than it has ever been.Sadly,that's just about it....
sTank
Neogogeta
L O S T Forever
n00blord
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by n00blord »

It looks more unreal though. Blah I expected at least a good game...
taha
Efendi
Efendi

Post by taha »

Disappointment?!No way!It was obvious as hell that it would be a good load of that smelly brown thing you take out in toilet.The disappointment was the one before.Man,if I wanted to collect things I would play Spiderman and collect tokens.It's mostly child's play too,but at least you could die.
"Why is it that every time a disaster strikes I find myself without a proper blade?Still,it's better than nothing."

"-It's messy,impossible to eat with dignity....Hmph,so much work for a few seeds."
"Isn't it the effort that makes them much sweeter?"
"I think I'm gonna be sick..."

Just call me "Kakolookiyam".
n00blord
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by n00blord »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHgGfsZN-5I FOREVER

3D pacman was way better than the last one.
_Zaphod_
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by _Zaphod_ »

Combat is mostly stripped down.

Rewind works differently.

Water freezing mechanic is totally abused to heck and back.

Plenty of challenging platforming, mainly because of abuse of that mechanic.
Alberto
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Alberto »

While I felt somewhat disappointed at the game, I can still vouch for it. It's nowhere near peak SoT Trilogy, but it still presents innovative elements and interesting technical features. Assassin's Creed was already its own thing, and God of War was on the rise, so PoP lost a lot of ground and became in my opinion a 'tech demo' franchise, an option to test ideas out and keep the franchise alive. Proof of this is that the Wii version is a totally different game, story and gameplay wise, and a slightly better version in my opinion.

The Forgotten Sands was one of the first games to introduce 'crowd' enemies without heavy drops in FPS. Of course by today's standards facing more than 10 enemies at a time may seem laughable, but rendering a bunch of characters each with its own AI (although very simple behavior) was an impressive feat back then. The game also became more of a cinematic experience, the camera is more dynamic than in any previous titles and the amount of special effects is incredible. The platforming was great too, not the best, but definitely one of the highlights of this installment.

The only really bad things I can think of are the lackluster story which made the overall experience forgettable, a very linear progression with almost zero exploration, and the hypergeneric villain with no real motivation other than 'revenge on humanity'.