Prince of Kombat you all must know...

New on the forum? Introduce yourself here and be welcomed!
goldeng2015
Efendi
Efendi

Prince of Kombat you all must know...

Post by goldeng2015 »

Hi everyone,

I couldn't find a better subject line to make you all pop-in to read what it's all about. So first thanks for clicking on my introduction thread. :D

Before I begin I would like to thank to these talented developers that made my life much easier:
To Brendon James for his RoomShaker I & II
And to David - For his Princed Resources (PR) - Does David has a last name to mention in my credits? :|

Now to my introduction:
My name is Gal Shemesh, 30 years old from Israel.
I'm an experienced amateur (or should I say a Pro by now) of video & sound editing for 13 years, recording voices for 9 years, and also pixel-art animation for about 20 years so far. I've built an editing and recording studio in my home and upgraded it here and there over the years to meet my needs.

One of my best project that enjoyed this years of talent, experience and equipment was my 'Prince Of Persia - The Dubbed & Photographed Version' which I created back in September, 2006. I also created some other fun-dubbed videos based on known motion graphic films, but they mostly were for the Hebrew audience as they included local jokes that don't make sense when translated to other languages. So as I wanted people from overseas to know me and my talent, I created my POP dubbed series, which are mainly in Hebrew, but I included English subtitles as well. Yet some local jokes could not be exactly translated, but according to the comments I received it worked quite well after all. :)

It all began with a promo video of the idea (before I even created any level) in order to see if there are audience for this kind of project. You may find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lEYeql ... 91&index=1
To my surprise the audience were so excited with this kind of thing, as no one ever dubbed a video game like this before. The idea was to take the POP game and to dub it as if as the Prince actually has a personality, feelings, etc. At first I also meant to include some real video footage of myself acting as the Prince. But I left that part behind as I wanted to stick with the good old 2D pixel art rather than working with actual video clips. Yet the 'Photographed' word was forgotten in the title. So I thought oh well, I'll leave it there in case I'll want to include some real video footage in the project further on...

But the magic of this project doesn't end here. It actually begins in Chapter 3, where I made for the Prince some new moves that doesn't exist in the original game whatsoever. And that was what made (and still make) the audience asking for more. What I did what drawing new animation sprites for the Prince, performing Mortal Kombat moves on the guards - And that was the hilarious idea of all times. People just keep asking me whether these moves are actually exist in the original game or not. And that's because they're made so good to be true. ;)

So I've been pushed by the fans to complete all POP1 levels - That was a big success and a lot of fun to create. But the fans wanted more. The fans kept asking me to create POP2. And guess what, that exactly what I did. This move has made the first POP series to be Season 1, and POP2 to be Season 2 - which I'm currently working on its final episode...

So if you haven't watched my POP dubbed series already, don't miss it! Start with Season 1 and don't skip any episode. It's getting better and better as you go forward to Season 2 if you would watch it in the chronological order. And you won't spoil the plot - Yes, there is a unique plot which I've written all from scratch, based on the original levels and my modified parts.

Well, that was my introduction guys and gals. Long, I know. But as a Prince Of Persia fan as myself, I think that this is exactly the place to share this with you all.

Prince Of Persia (Season 1) playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5C1A40A75C855891

Prince Of Persia 2: The Shadow And The Flame (Season 2) playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0A619A7830813914
(keep tuned for the final episode that will be published further on)

My channel on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/goldeng

My facebook page which I opened to gather all my videos fans and to post updates:
http://www.facebook.com/galshemeshgoldeng

All the best people and let me know what you think. :)

Best regards,
Gal Shemesh
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Prince of Kombat you all must know...

Post by Norbert »

Hey Gal, some of the Prince of Persia videos are funny and interesting; clearly the later ones - the later Prince of Persia 2 videos - are better than the first ones, so your skills have clearly improved over time. It's too bad there's so much cursing in all those videos. I'm personally not a fan of the cursing, but maybe other people like it. Anyway, welcome to the forum and thanks for letting us know about your work.
doppelganger
Vizier
Vizier

Post by doppelganger »

Yep, I hate the swearing. Please, make the final video of POP2 swear-free.
Doppelgänger
Hmm.. These mortals know about me.. :evil:

Download 'Hell of A Palace' now from Popot!
goldeng2015
Efendi
Efendi

Post by goldeng2015 »

Hi Norbert & doppelganger, and thanks so much for your input!

You both see it exactly as I do. My Prince of Persia episodes really got better and better from one episode to another. The style of cursing in Hebrew has its funny sides and most Hebrew viewers like it, as the funny part is that many 'curses' don't even make sense. :lol: However when translating those 'curses' to other languages they lose their 'color' and may sound not funny at all, so I know what you mean.

Anyway the style of cursing and cursing all together made their point in my opinion too - Some curses expressions are funny when used with reason and at proper points, while some are less. That's why in the recent episodes I paid more attention on the plot and less on cursing - In compare to previous episodes. However the Prince I created is a character with a style and behavior of a 'guy from the streets'. So there might be some 'curses' and bad expressions, but I'll do my best to do it with reason.

Thanks again and enjoy my videos! While working on the final episode I can assure you that it's going to blow every Prince of Persia fan's mind... :D
doppelganger
Vizier
Vizier

Post by doppelganger »

goldeng wrote: You both see it exactly as I do. My Prince of Persia episodes really got better and better from one episode to another. The style of cursing in Hebrew has its funny sides and most Hebrew viewers like it, as the funny part is that many 'curses' don't even make sense. :lol: However when translating those 'curses' to other languages they lose their 'color' and may sound not funny at all, so I know what you mean.
I don't mind asterisks as much as curses.
Or replace them with non-swearing words.

Oops.. I'm forgetting my manners.
Welcome to the forum.
Doppelgänger

zethholyblade
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by zethholyblade »

Ohhh nice hey there! You joined this community too finally xD. Welcome :3
2233SecondAcc
Efendi
Efendi

Post by 2233SecondAcc »

These vids are hidden, what should I do?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

2233SecondAcc wrote:These vids are hidden, what should I do?
He moved the videos to Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/goldeng.studios/videos
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Near the end of the last PoP2 video:
"Many thanks to whomever programmed Prince of Persia 1 Snes level editor!"
I guess I should include my name like I did with SDLPoP...
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

David wrote:I guess I should include my name like I did with SDLPoP...
And maybe pick and add a license.
doppelganger
Vizier
Vizier

Post by doppelganger »

Norbert wrote:
David wrote:I guess I should include my name like I did with SDLPoP...
And maybe pick and add a license.
And copyright it or get a patent.
Doppelgänger

David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Norbert wrote:He moved the videos to Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/goldeng.studios/videos
Now it says "unavailable".
Do I have to log in to see them or what?
goldeng2015
Efendi
Efendi

Post by goldeng2015 »

Hi guys,

Haven't checked in the forum for quite long time... Sorry about the facebook page. It's not available anymore; took too much time to maintain it along with my YouTube channel and my personal facebook account. But the videos are still available on my YouTube channel. You can find them here: https://www.youtube.com/user/goldeng

@David, so was it you who made the Snes Level Editor?! Can't thank enough and really sorry that I didn't know it when editing the credits.

By the way, I re-read the comments above regarding the swearing and curse remarks in my videos, and honestly - I can't agree with you any better. :) Re-watching my videos YEARS after they were made and I can really say that they could have been made less rough in terms of the language I used. Yet, in some languages, like Hebrew and Arabic which I'm aware of, swearing and curse remarks especially in comedy videos are most of the time referred only in a funny way. Sometimes they don't even really mean anything. My POP videos began with no English subtitles at all as whatever is said in them can't really be translated to English and to have both the same meaning and sense of humor. But people did asked me for a translation over and over again. So eventually I made English translation to the text word by word, even if it lost its sense. The reason was that I didn't want the original taste of expressions to be left behind. Though In the advanced episodes, I kind of replaced some curse remarks with their somewhat equivalents in English to make them more reasonable for the non-Hebrew viewer to understand. As the episodes have progressed, especially in POP2, I kind of soften the rough language and focused more on the story.

Anyway, none of the videos were made in an intention to hurt or offend anybody. They were originally made for local viewers but it seems like my advanced pixel-art animations eventually attracted audience from the entire world.
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Post by yourantumayel69 »

goldeng2015 wrote: June 28th, 2015, 2:07 am Now to my introduction:
My name is Gal Shemesh, 30 years old from Israel.
My name is Youran Tumayel, 27 years old from Indonesia, a player of Prince of Persia and other old games. Nice to meet you 🤝🤝🤝
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.