Hello everyone

New on the forum? Introduce yourself here and be welcomed!
DoutorHouse
Efendi
Efendi

Hello everyone

Post by DoutorHouse »

Hello everyone! I've been aware of this forum for some time now but it's only recently that i decided to join it. I'm mostly a LucasFilm/LucasArts games collector from Portugal, Europe, but i must say that the first game that really caught my attention was Prince Of Persia. I remember taking turns with my younger brother to play it on our first computer, an IBM PS/1, 286, 10mhz processor, 1meg ram and 40megs hard drive with a vga monitor, back in 1990. Back then i had no idea the huge impact that game would have on the gaming industry but i was absolutely amazed by the story, music and graphics, it was very addictive and still is, apparently... So, after all these years i managed to find my old original floppy disks for that game. Prince Of Persia 1.0 came bundled with our computer. We stored away the two 5.25” diskettes because we only had a 3.5” drive and used the 3.5” diskette to install and play the game. Those files never left the hard drive of that old IBM PS/1 but recently i decided to check on my disks and surprisingly they are still intact and readable! I managed to make images of them using WinImage and here i am now joining this forum willing to share my collection with my fellow collectors and wanting to solve some doubts i’ve been having about my own collection! Thanks for reading this and let me know if you’re looking for some files for the side projects... i probably have them! :)
I own these originals materials:
3.5” and 5.25” diskettes for Prince Of Persia 1.0, 1.1 (yes, it exists and was sold in Germany, France, UK, Spain and Portugal in both regular versions and budget/The Hit Squad versions that i know of) and 1.3.
Quick question: what’s the origin of the Prince Of Persia 2 demo 1.1 floating around? Did it come from some PC Gamer cd or some Red Orb Entertainment game or some other source? I can’t find any information about it and it’s driving me mad... Thanks for any help!
Cheers!