Hi everyone

New on the forum? Introduce yourself here and be welcomed!
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Hi everyone

Post by kj-5349 »

Hi everyone. My name is Kor Jiek, coming from Malaysia, but for simplicity you can call me KJ. I love gaming, in particular old classic games in DOS, NES, SNES, etc. When I was young, like in elementary days Prince of Persia really fascinated me and I would be playing it each time at home after school in the afternoon. I used to remember getting stuck by the end of level 8, not knowing how to open the final gate and quit the game for a few years, unfortunately. However just recently, now in college, I downloaded the game again and figured out what to do and finish the rest of the game, after ironically a lapse of more than 10 years. Anyway I also discovered from Youtube that this game's levels can be edited and found this forum too. Feeling inspired from the brilliant mods that have been made and shared, I intend to create a mod as well for the enjoyment of all. I admit that I am not very good in puzzles and thus my playing skill not really high. Anyway, I am also looking forward to seeing new mods posted up by other creative modder's for everyone's enjoyment.
Last edited by kj-5349 on January 26th, 2010, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

But how to share my mod?

Post by kj-5349 »

I am not sure how to share a file on the internet. Forgive me that I'm not so knowledgable about the internet. How do I share my completed levelset when I'm done? And I've downloaded PoP1 Total Pack and enjoyed it. So when a newer version of Total Pack is to be updated, how do I contact the author, starwindz if I desire and wish to have my mod included in Total Pack?
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Andrew »

Hello and welcome to the forum KJ! :)

You can upload your file to any file sharing site, such as MediaFire, RapidShare, MegaUpload etc. There are literally zillions out there! Then just post the link to your uploaded file here.

As for a new version of the Total Pack, I haven't seen starwindz around here and am not really sure he's even a member. Maybe someone else has his contact details and can ask him if he ever plans to update it...
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Post by kj-5349 »

Thanks Andrew

Just created a Megaupload account to share an old mod I made

See it in the New Levels and mods section in the forum :D
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Forum-e yôkoso! ("Welcome to the forums" in Japanese)

I know, you're not Japanese, but I'm learning that language and felt like writing some down. Don't be bothered by it... ;)
Anyhoo, I hope you can make yourself at second home here quite easily and surely the rest of the community will do their best to make that task easier for you.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Post by kj-5349 »

Thanks mk! It's great to pick up a new language...

I've tried your levels in Total Pack but with my skill level I've finished your 4-room levelset

But brilliant mods there
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

You finished my 4-room-levelset? Good job! Actually, it's one of the more difficult levelsets of mine. The most difficult level, in my opinion, is Level 3. People who played through my levelset know why...

In my opinion, my first levelset (which I made years before I joined the late PoPUW) and my first MOD (which I made shortly after finishing my own SNES-PC levelset) are easier than the 4-room-one, but I guess it's a matter of personal taste.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

Welcome!
Former Member of popuw.com/forum
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Post by kj-5349 »

Thanks Eagle-Head Priest

By the way thanks for the compliment mk. Honestly speaking I finished 4-rooms by virtue of completing it before the hour. Yes indeed I needed about 20 times to get through Level 3 with timing of fighting the 1st skeleton and getting past the door and jump at the right location to face the next skeleton. I never finished An Hour in the Prison and Hostage of Time within the time limit (without the Total Pack cheat mode that is:D). I haven't tried out your other mods yet as I only have Total Pack for only few months and I am still a student. But I will try them out, there are so many to choose from!
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Post by kj-5349 »

But by the way I'm not sure if this is the correct place to announce my completed mod, Combat & Adventures. I have also posted about my mod once in the New Levels and Mod section. If this is an incorrect section to post this, I do not mind for this post to be moved. :)
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

Also welcome from me :wink:
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

Hi all!
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Post by kj-5349 »

Hey everyone! I hope I'm not spamming on my own introduction but it's been quite a while. For those who may be wondering as it has been about 4 years since I was in forum, this is KJ from Malaysia, a Malaysian Chinese. I haven't seen many Asians or South East Asians when I first joined but it's great the forum has been growing with many joining from various parts of the world. Since the pandemic and then after it, real life really caught up to me and I was visiting here only a couple of times a year. It's nice to see the modding community still active and there are really several mods I need to probably catch up in Total Pack and in popot.

I have always wondered if background music implementation can be done and voila, it is doable and I've been reading up on SDLPoP-JP : The Japanese PC Experience and Prince 1 and 1/2 - a new mod

For now I am still playing around as I have an initial build for music but using the standard SDLPoP 1.23.
Once again hello to all in the community ;)