Big Question

Everything not related to Prince of Persia should be discussed here.
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Big Question

Post by Emiliano »

Why is modding easy for us but it is not easy for everyone?
I will submit my sister's mod because she doesn't know to use the level editors
That's a clear example of it, I tried to teach her, but she isn't very interested as I am
4DPlayer

Re: Big Question

Post by 4DPlayer »

Well, that’s okay. I don’t expect everyone to be interested in the same thing.
Kaslghnoon
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Kaslghnoon »

I don't think modding is easy and I believe that there has always been room for improvement. I believe that instead of creating levelsets, the bulk of the effort could have gone toward creating single levels. For example, there could have been a 'POPOT.org Levelset 2019' made by a team of 16 people. Levels 1-12c could have been previously submitted by 14 people sometime in 2019. Person 15 could have numbered the levels and play-tested them, and person 16 could have applied the appropriate graphics. If not enough playable levels were submitted in that year, Mechner's levels could have been used in place of the missing ones. In my opinion, a mod like 'POPOT.org Levelset 2019' could have been quite memorable and prestigious.
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

Kaslghnoon wrote: January 12th, 2020, 8:38 pm I don't think modding is easy and I believe that there has always been room for improvement. I believe that instead of creating levelsets, the bulk of the effort could have gone toward creating single levels. For example, there could have been a 'POPOT.org Levelset 2019' made by a team of 16 people. Levels 1-12c could have been previously submitted by 14 people sometime in 2019. Person 15 could have numbered the levels and play-tested them, and person 16 could have applied the appropriate graphics. If not enough playable levels were submitted in that year, Mechner's levels could have been used in place of the missing ones. In my opinion, a mod like 'POPOT.org Levelset 2019' could have been quite memorable and prestigious.
You know, I really like that idea. Maybe we could do something like that this year.
Since we don't exactly have 16 members who actively check in here, we could let some guys create 2 levels for the project.

I really like the idea.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

4DPlayer wrote: January 12th, 2020, 10:20 pm You know, I really like that idea. Maybe we could do something like that this year.
Since we don't exactly have 16 members who actively check in here, we could let some guys create 2 levels for the project.

I really like the idea.
I like the idea as well; Hope there's enough people and motivation to do so.
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174