Error 406 - Not Acceptable!

Everything not related to Prince of Persia should be discussed here.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Error 406 - Not Acceptable!

Post by Shauing »

Yesterday in the afternoon I was blocked from login in to this forum. Each time I attempted to enter to the login/register section, it would redirect me to a page with the following message:

Not Acceptable!
An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security.

I couldn't login until a little over 24 hours later.
Does anybody know why this occurs?
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Error 406 - Not Acceptable!

Post by Norbert »

I don't know what caused that, but you could ask Falcury to search for your IP address in the log files.
He's an admin so he knows your IP, and the log files should be accessible via regular FTP.
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Post by Falcury »

Sorry about the inconvenience. I think I found out what happened. The Stop Forum Spam forum extension was accidentally triggered on one of your posts. I undid the accidental spam report. Hopefully everything is resolved now.

The Stop Forum Spam extension adds a button to posts so that moderators can report spammers to the Stop Forum Spam database. But a flaw of the extension is that it is far too easy to accidentally click the button (it doesn't even ask for confirmation...) Anyway, that apparently triggered an automatic temporary ban of your IP address, which is the reason you saw that message.

I think the temporary ban feature of the Stop Forum Spam extension is supposed to discourage spammers from immediately trying again to create spam accounts using the same IP address. I disabled the automatic temporary ban for now, so in the future if I or another moderator would accidentally click on that button, then people will not get temporarily banned anymore.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Thank you for the explanation of what happened. I was getting worried I did something wrong, or that I wouldn't be able to log in again.
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174