Instruments

Everything not related to Prince of Persia should be discussed here.
Coco
Sultan
Sultan

Instruments

Post by Coco »

Does anyone here play an instrument? Which one, and why? Do you have any funny (read: absolute 100% true ) prejudice towards certain players based on their instrument choice?
oitofelix
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Instruments

Post by oitofelix »

I used to play Peruvian ocarina, which is regarded as a decorative object:

Here is an old recording of a play session of mine:

Actually, the oito in my nickname oitofelix stands for "Ocarina Inca de oiTo Orifícios", which means "Eight Holes Inca Ocarina". I've learned to play by ear, because I couldn't find any documentation on how to play that instrument.
Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix)
MININIM author
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Your YouTube profile photo that shows you smiling (and also, to a lesser extent, you playing the ocarina) show a side of you different from the mental image I had of your personality. I think in my mind I primarily combined your 'stern' appearance in the GitHub photo (that you're also using for this forum) with your 'rigid' pro-GNU stance. It's nice to see the smile. :)

I've been told I'm more pleasant in real life than on the Internet. Some of the intended nuances and subtleties probably get lost in writing. Oh well.
oitofelix
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by oitofelix »

Norbert wrote:Your YouTube profile photo that shows you smiling (and also, to a lesser extent, you playing the ocarina) show a side of you different from the mental image I had of your personality. I think in my mind I primarily combined your 'stern' appearance in the GitHub photo (that you're also using for this forum) with your 'rigid' pro-GNU stance. It's nice to see the smile. :)
That happens. Experience shows people can have almost diametrical opposite concepts about myself (and I can see why to an extent), depending on their personality and in what circumstances they interacted with me. It's not uncommon that for a given atitude of mine I can be seen as emotional and empathetic, or intelectual and ruthless depending on how you look and how well you understand me. I know only a handful of people that can comprehend myself thoroughly enough to infer correct state of mind and intentions behind my actions. Likewise, it's not rare for me to get a wrong image of people, in a general level.
Norbert wrote:I've been told I'm more pleasant in real life than on the Internet. Some of the intended nuances and subtleties probably get lost in writing. Oh well.
I see. Well, I think you are good on the internet, thus you should be even more so in real life. :)
MININIM author
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Norbert wrote:Your YouTube profile photo that shows you smiling
He looks like a woman on that photo, with that long hair and no beard or moustache... :?
oitofelix
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by oitofelix »

David wrote:
Norbert wrote:Your YouTube profile photo that shows you smiling
He looks like a woman on that photo, with that long hair and no beard or moustache... :?
I'll take that as a compliment, for lack of a better interpretation.
MININIM author
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Post by yourantumayel69 »

I have Indonesian instrument, like:
1. Indonesia Raya
2. Satu Nusa Satu Bangsa
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.