Jakim - Odgłosy (2013)

Everything not related to Prince of Persia should be discussed here.
Jakim
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Jakim - Odgłosy (2013)

Post by Jakim »

Hi, maybe it's not the best place to share own music pieces, but - why not (if you are against, just ignore this message) :P. I've done entire album which makes one, coherent production. It's Odgłosy - a musical journey making you sinking in the variety of the sounds. If you are ready, just put headphones on and turn off the light. It's 30 minutes of a dialogue with music, you and your imagination.

Tracklist:
1. Odgłosy (03:36)
2. Eter (03:32)
3. Mechaniczny blues (02:49)
4. Kraina deszczu (08:07)
5. Magiczna polana (04:10)
6. Podwodna oaza (03:48)
7. Czarne karaluchy (02:14)
8. Opuszczony dwór (03:12)
9. Nie jedz autobusu, kiedy schnie (02:05)

Jakim - Odgłosy (2013) (bandcamp)
MP3 320kbps

Cover is done by mog.

Everything was done, of course, in Renoise. The tracks 4 and 9 are native Renoise tracks (samples only + Renoise internal effects).

Greetings!
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Jakim - Odgłosy (2013)

Post by Norbert »

What license(s) do you use for your music?
For example, if I'd want to use your In this Mood for the intro and outro of the modding video, would that be okay and, if so, how would you want to be credited?
Jakim
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by Jakim »

Creative Commons BY-NC-SA :). It's okay to use it somewhere, just mention my name (or link if you want).

Thanks for listening!
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Just to be sure, since I did see in writing that Odgłosy is CC BY-NC-SA 3.0, this license also applies to your "In this Mood" song?
I'm asking because this page gives me the impression that not everything falls under the same license.
("I don't give a guarantee that you will use chosen files, simply the mp3 can be destined for another project and just can't be used anywhere else.")
Jakim
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by Jakim »

Yes, you can use it. Almost everything what comes from me is free.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

All right, how do you want to be credited?
Which license should I mention in the section where I mention the licenses of stuff used in the modding video?
Jakim
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by Jakim »

To be honest you don't have to mention the license. Just mention my name (or link/both).
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Jakim wrote:To be honest you don't have to mention the license. Just mention my name (or link/both).
Whenever possible(*) I don't use works that aren't licensed or clearly in the public domain.
If I "don't have to mention the license" (emphasis mine) it means there is a license.
Since I don't know what the license is, it would be unwise if I'd embed your work in the video.
I'll use a song from Incompetech instead, then I don't need to wonder what the song's license is.

The problem with works that don't have clear licenses is that nobody knows whether these works are free or not, or usable in any way.
Even if the author of a work says to me "Feel free to use it." that's not good enough...
...because I still don't know what I can do with it.
And even if I'd use it, people who see the end product in which that work would be used wouldn't know whether they could use the work.
I want the license to be clear not only to me, but to everyone.

Of course, the modding video will contain copyrighted/trademarked graphics.
Take, for example, the image for the video that I mentioned here.
The brand names and logos and the Prince of Persia screenshots; I'll use those without mentioning their owners/licenses.
It's unlikely this will lead to complaints being filed.
However, whenever possible,(*) I do make sure I only use works with appropriate licenses.
The Apple ][ image is CC BY-SA 2.0 FR (by Rama) and the SNES console image is in public domain (by Evan-Amos).

(*) Within reasonable limits. Is it possible to pick another, (more) clearly licensed song? Yes, that's possible. :)
Jakim
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by Jakim »

It's on CC BY-NC-SA as I said, I was referring also to the piece you mentioned. Anything what is not used commercially (I rather don't put such things on my page, there are some exceptions though) from mine is on this license. Maybe I should mark used tunes and say something on my page about it. On the other pages like soundcloud/bandcamp/jamendo there is stated clearly the CC license.

I understand your worries and I will upload my page with appropriate comment soon.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Jakim wrote:It's on CC BY-NC-SA as I said, I was referring also to the piece you mentioned.
All right, CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 it is then; I'll use your tune in the modding video. :)
Jakim wrote:I understand your worries and I will upload my page with appropriate comment soon.
Cool.
Jakim
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by Jakim »

Updated! :)