Somebody Help Me WITH a Bittorrent

Everything not related to Prince of Persia should be discussed here.
robert
Sultan
Sultan

Somebody Help Me WITH a Bittorrent

Post by robert »

I don't know if I can do this, the thing is that I have downloaded some bittorrents and I need some help with the download in Utorrent. This bittorents are from a game, the name is Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye, and it is for Windows. If somebody can help me to download them with Utorrent or another program I would greatly appreciate it. I give the links of the torrents:

http://www.kat.ph/shanghai-dragons-eye-2-t297657.html
http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/16 ... 522825736/

In these pages you'll be able to download the torrents and help me with this.

Please, please help me, I would appreciate it a lot. I've been looking for this game ever, since I had losen it many years ago.

PS: If someone has the game, could pass it to me by PM.

Thanks!
This will be my face if you can't win any of my mods
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Somebody Help Me WITH a Bittorrent

Post by mk1995 »

It isn't that hard. You just open uTorrent and download the torrent files with your web browser. Then you go to "File" and "Open Torrent" and pick the one you want to open. It'll then proceed to download the actual contents.

As for the game - I actually have it. It's at my mother's though, and it's in German, so you mightn't be able to understand anything.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Andrew »

The two torrents are not the same (the one on Demonoid is much smaller). Also, the Demonoid one seems to have no seeds (it's 3 years old!), and the one on kat.ph seems to have only a single seed, but that torrent is more than 4 years old as well.

Why don't you install uTorrent or Vuze or Transmission and just get the game yourself?
robert
Sultan
Sultan

Post by robert »

mk1995 wrote:It isn't that hard. You just open uTorrent and download the torrent files with your web browser. Then you go to "File" and "Open Torrent" and pick the one you want to open. It'll then proceed to download the actual contents.

As for the game - I actually have it. It's at my mother's though, and it's in German, so you mightn't be able to understand anything.
I know, I've already done this, I thought that the way the files get downloaded via Utorrent is when someone else is downloading the file at the same time, like in Ares. But if you have the game please send it to me via PM please!!!, I don't care if it is in German.
robert
Sultan
Sultan

Post by robert »

Andrew wrote:The two torrents are not the same (the one on Demonoid is much smaller). Also, the Demonoid one seems to have no seeds (it's 3 years old!), and the one on kat.ph seems to have only a single seed, but that torrent is more than 4 years old as well.

Why don't you install uTorrent or Vuze or Transmission and just get the game yourself?
I know there aren't the same, and I've already had utorrent installed. I just thought that the game could be downloaded in the same way as in ARES.
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Andrew »

robert wrote:I just thought that the game could be downloaded in the same way as in ARES.
They are both P2P apps, and you can only download if you're connected to a peer (who has part of the file) or a seed (who has the complete file). Obviously though, at least 1 seed is required for you to get the whole file, or the peers between them should have at least 1 complete copy of the file to share.

The problem with these torrents might be that they're so old, and thus there may not be anyone sharing any longer after all this time.