Oh my God...

Everything not related to Prince of Persia should be discussed here.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Oh my God...

Post by mk1995 »

Our total amount of members to date of May 5th 2010: 1310
Amount of members of these who actually have at least 1 post: 199

And the 1111th member regarding Post Count (ascending) was called "deleteme".

What do you think? Should we delete the ones with 0 posts and live with the fact that we have only 199 forum members, or...
Keep them, have some bandwidth eaten (I think - I'm not too familiar with that stuff), and pretend we have some 1k members to lure in some more?

But seriously... Do you need to be registered in order to see some of the topics here? Registered, mind you, not have a special rank.
If that's the case, then why do they even register here at all if they're not gonna contribute in any way?
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Balanced
Vizier
Vizier

Re: Oh my God...

Post by Balanced »

there always will be unactive accounts, and if you delete them, there will come new ones
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

programmer wrote:I always find it funny when people call deleting 1000 users or so "saving space".
So it does not free up some space at all?
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
John Wain
Vizier
Vizier

Post by John Wain »

mk1995 wrote:If that's the case, then why do they even register here at all if they're not gonna contribute in any way?
I think I can answer that question with a personal example. A few days ago I was browsing for pictures with buildings around the world, and I stumbled upon a site with large-resolution panoramas. I noticed there a button saying 'Take snapshot' and wanting to save on my computer a portion of the panorama I clicked it - but guess what! I needed to be registered in order to do that. OK, then, I registered. When I tried using the function, I discovered that in fact the button created a snapshot that would be viewable by other people, not one that could be saved on my computer. So bad luck, now I don't even remember the name of that site, and I am one of the members with 0 posts...

So the short answer (to generalize my case) is that people register and find out that what they are offered is not what they expected to get: tough luck for both parties. Offer does not meet demand, no business baby!
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Post by Butcher »

Well, recently I registered at RoboCop Archive forum and I'm one of the members there with 0 posts, that's because one of the forum topics you need to be registered to see the pictures.

By the way... I'm not registered there with the "Butcher" username. I use a very different one called "SlackerNReckless"
John Wain
Vizier
Vizier

Post by John Wain »

programmer wrote:I thought that hitting PrtScrn key would be easier than registering on some crappy website.
I agree that it can prove useful sometimes, but not in that particular case: the panorama was 45 Gigapixels, and what I wanted to save of it would have required dozens of Print Screens, so I really thought I could benefit from that particular button.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Ah, crap. I guess I won't get the chance to see Jaslo anytime soon. Why? Cause HD ain't supported by Win2000! That's why! ...