Which one's your dominant hand?

Everything not related to Prince of Persia should be discussed here.

Question: See topic subject

Right-Handed
77%
Left-Handed
23%
Ambidextrous
No votes

Total votes: 13

mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Which one's your dominant hand?

Post by mk1995 »

If you don't know which one's your dominant hand, well... Take a pen in your hand. If you put it subconciously into your right hand, this is your dominant one. If you put it into your left hand, then that's the dominant one.

Ambidextrous means that you're equally skilled with both your hands.

I'm right-handed, though I'm working on becoming ambidextrous.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Which one's your dominant hand?

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

It would be awesome to be ambidextrous! Too bad I'm right handed. That also means I have to switch hands on my fishing pole after I cast!
Former Member of popuw.com/forum
musicmaker
Vizier
Vizier

Post by musicmaker »

I'm left-handed when it comes to writing stuff and more detailed things, and I think the sides of my brain are swapped around like they are in left-handed people. However I do a lot of activites with my right hand/arm, such as playing tennis or other sports and instruments. I'm also ambidextrous in a couple of things. :)

However I don't think this makes me ambidextrous, as I can't write with my right hand that well, or play tennis with my left hand/arm etc. So I put that I'm left-handed, as writing is one of the most important human activities.
~We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.~

~Every move you make creates your destiny...~
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Eagle-Head Priest 97 wrote:That also means I have to switch hands on my fishing pole after I cast!
I don't quite get what you mean. Anyway, when I hold something that needs both hands, the right hand is always above the left one for me. Is that what you mean?
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

No, it's that for most fishing poles (including the one I have) the pole is made so you reel in with the right hand. I'm right handed, so I cast with it as well. SO I have to change hands and hold the pole in my left hand and reel in with the right.
Former Member of popuw.com/forum
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

I am also right-handed
jalal
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by jalal »

mk1995 wrote:If you don't know which one's your dominant hand, well... Take a pen in your hand. If you put it subconciously into your right hand, this is your dominant one. If you put it into your left hand, then that's the dominant one.

it's impossible to subconsciously put it into both right and left hands, so? Ambidextrous doesn't quite make sense here.
doppelganger
Vizier
Vizier

Post by doppelganger »

jalal wrote:
mk1995 wrote:If you don't know which one's your dominant hand, well... Take a pen in your hand. If you put it subconciously into your right hand, this is your dominant one. If you put it into your left hand, then that's the dominant one.

it's impossible to subconsciously put it into both right and left hands, so? Ambidextrous doesn't quite make sense here.
Grabbing the pen with both hands? LOL.
Doppelgänger
Hmm.. These mortals know about me.. :evil:

Download 'Hell of A Palace' now from Popot!
TehFlamez
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by TehFlamez »

I prefer/tend to use my glutes.
Way better than hands.
Give me the Dagger!