The "Happy new year" topic

Everything not related to Prince of Persia should be discussed here.
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

The "Happy new year" topic

Post by Tristan »

The new year is coming
here in this topic you can wish some people here a ""Happy new year''
NOTE: post on the day when the new year is (31 dec) you can on 12:00 pm or the full day
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: The "Happy new year" topic

Post by mk1995 »

Sounds like a good idea to me. And we don't even need to make a new topic for each year. I'll just do the following with it:

I'll sticky and lock it. On my last opporunity of the year to get on the computer, I'll unlock it. After the 1st of January has passed, I'll re-lock and unsticky it, to be stickied again as the year comes to an end and to be unlocked as we near the end of the year even more.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Sorry you couldn't post in there just yet. I thought when programmer posted in there, he'd keep the topic unlocked, but unfortunately he did not.

So, anyway... Happy New Year, everyone! Let's hope that 2010 will become an even better year than the last.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
musicmaker
Vizier
Vizier

Post by musicmaker »

Happy New Year everyone!
~We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.~

~Every move you make creates your destiny...~
AuraDragon
Sultan
Sultan

Post by AuraDragon »

(5 hours and 49 minutes to the new year for me.)

Happy New Year to all you Prince Fanatics! ;)
I post on the forum at weird times of the day
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

sorry little bit late but whatever HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE ! Image

Edit: feweeeew i know the codes out me head
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

Happy new year.
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Andrew »

Happy New Year everyone! May this be the year when PoPUW.com is finally resurrected. :)
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

But what'll happen if it is revived? I wonder if we'd all be going to desert this forum here... Of course, we could be active on both - no problem.
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Andrew »

There's room enough for multiple sites to survive. No offence, but somehow I do believe that this site or any other is still to replicate the kind of success PoPUW had, the kind of energy of the members involved, the wealth of information that had been collected in the topics over years of discussion etc. It would be a shame really to see all of that collective knowledge of the game go to waste. Also, if you haven't noticed, many of the topics here (many even started by you mk), are but pale imitations of those that were popular on PoPUW. Trying to recapture lost glory, perhaps? Wouldn't you agree that a return of the original with all the data intact would be awesome? I'm sorry if I'm hurting the feelings of people involved with this site, but I'm just being frank and saying what I feel is true.
John Wain
Vizier
Vizier

Post by John Wain »

I agree with Andrew. Speaking of myself, I remember with great melancholy the years I had with Pop-UW, and while I come here and visit, it's just not the same for me. I don't want anyone to feel hurt, either. It's a good site, but it seems aimed more on developing and programming, with lots of info on these subjects, but to me it just does not fit, because I am inexperienced in those fields. I rather like the new games more and there was plenty of discussion back on PoP-UW about those that just isn't here...
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

mk or anyone other lock this topic angain until 2011